2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Problems with Mustang production?

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/10, 04:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A 90!!! That's like telling Ford not to bother building it. Contact Brian Five-O or 05fordgt, they work at dealerships and can tell you more about priority codes. You need something under 20 to get a speedy build.
Old 10/3/10, 08:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2bravo
Yeah I've been emailing and calling, but my salesman is pretty good, and I think he's doing his best.

The thing is, I noticed that my priority was set as "90" on the order sheet...

I've got a feeling that your dealership doesn't even have an allocation to get you a Mustang. Giving you a 90 priority tells me that something isn't right.
Here's some info from 05fordgt-

The Priority Number: This is the one number that is most important if you want your car built as soon as possible (and also to see if your dealer is giving you a fair shake). Most times numbers are from 10-99. The best number to have is 10, and anywhere up to 20 is fine. If someone gives you a Priority of, say 60, your car won't be scheduled anytime soon. Another thing to know, is Ford saves Priority 01-09 for internal use.
Old 10/3/10, 08:28 PM
FR500 Member

Priority is a dealer-generated number. It is their way to tell Ford what order they want their cars built. A priority of 90 does sound like the dealer has 'parked' your order.
Old 10/3/10, 09:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by PTRocks
Priority is a dealer-generated number. It is their way to tell Ford what order they want their cars built. A priority of 90 does sound like the dealer has 'parked' your order.
+1. However, dealers can change priority codes at any time and as needed.
Old 10/4/10, 03:46 AM

Plenty of 5.0's at Crossroads in Cary NC as long as you want the 6MT.
Old 10/4/10, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Whammer
I've got a feeling that your dealership doesn't even have an allocation to get you a Mustang. Giving you a 90 priority tells me that something isn't right.
Here's some info from 05fordgt-

The Priority Number: This is the one number that is most important if you want your car built as soon as possible (and also to see if your dealer is giving you a fair shake). Most times numbers are from 10-99. The best number to have is 10, and anywhere up to 20 is fine. If someone gives you a Priority of, say 60, your car won't be scheduled anytime soon. Another thing to know, is Ford saves Priority 01-09 for internal use.
Originally Posted by PTRocks
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
+1. However, dealers can change priority codes at any time and as needed.

Hmmm... okay thanks guys. I'm going to email my salesman to see what's up. I know when I ordered he told me they wouldn't have an allocation for the order until September. So maybe once that came in the order priority changed... I'll see what I can find out.
Old 10/4/10, 04:57 PM
V6 Member

if you can somehow order your car as a fleet car ( maybe you know someone who has a Ford fleet # ?? ) your car will jump ahead in the order bank. Fleet orders always have a high priority code and are built before retail orders.
Old 10/4/10, 06:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lpcard
Plenty of 5.0's at Crossroads in Cary NC as long as you want the 6MT.
And thats why I told them to order me an auto
Old 10/6/10, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by banffsnowguy
if you can somehow order your car as a fleet car ( maybe you know someone who has a Ford fleet # ?? ) your car will jump ahead in the order bank. Fleet orders always have a high priority code and are built before retail orders.
No, fleet orders generally go behind retail orders but ahead of stock orders. The difference is that fleet orders have their own allocation system that is separate from the dealer's retail allocation so a fleet order occasionally can be delivered sooner because of retail allocation issues for the dealer.
Old 10/26/10, 06:32 PM

Mustang 2011 ordered but no VIN yet

Hi, I ordered my V6 convertible in mid-september and actually I have no date. My dealer say december or january... I will not use it this winter. So should I wait the 2012. I have to say that I had rebate about 6000$ (employee price, Costco). I think I will love my 2011 and I will be ready for the spring!! :-)
Old 10/26/10, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I got my 2011 GT flatbeded in from Miami. I was working with my local dealer in west palm beach and he found exactly what i wanted in miami with only 12 miles on her. I guess lucky me.
Old 10/26/10, 10:30 PM

thats not a problem here in south florida , they have 5.0 s on the lot , but dont stay for long
Old 10/31/10, 09:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Got my VIN!

Put my order in Aug 5th and dealer submitted it to Ford on August 16th. Last Thursday got my VIN with estimated build date of Nov 1-8 and ETA at dealership Nov 16-23.
Old 11/2/10, 09:59 AM

Just thought I'd update my post in this thread. I called Ford Customer Service today. They told me that my dealer's allocation didn't come in until the 3rd week of September (I ordered August 27th). So essentially, I'm really on week 5 of my wait, not 8. Anyway, they said my order's been accepted by the plant, but there's no VIN yet. She said to call back next week and there should be a VIN in place by then, as well as an ETA (hopefully).

The wait is really starting to get to me... I have a road trip to Vermont planned for the end of November, and it's looking like I won't have a car. I even asked the dealer if they'd give me a loaner if the car wasn't in by then and they said their insurance wouldn't cover it if I didn't have a vehicle in for service.

I'm really doubting I'll ever order a car again, if this is the process i can expect next time.
Old 11/2/10, 10:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 146 Likes on 102 Posts
There are plenty of 5.0 Mustangs in Atlanta. I am not sure about the V-6 cars.
Old 11/2/10, 10:36 AM
GT Member

Just thought I'd update my post in this thread. I called Ford Customer Service today. They told me that my dealer's allocation didn't come in until the 3rd week of September (I ordered August 27th). So essentially, I'm really on week 5 of my wait, not 8. Anyway, they said my order's been accepted by the plant, but there's no VIN yet. She said to call back next week and there should be a VIN in place by then, as well as an ETA (hopefully).

The wait is really starting to get to me... I have a road trip to Vermont planned for the end of November, and it's looking like I won't have a car. I even asked the dealer if they'd give me a loaner if the car wasn't in by then and they said their insurance wouldn't cover it if I didn't have a vehicle in for service.

I'm really doubting I'll ever order a car again, if this is the process i can expect next time.
Interesting... when you meant you were at Week 5 of your wait, does that mean Ford only accepted your dealer's order 5 weeks ago? So your dealer waited 3 weeks to submit your order? Or did they submit your order right away?

I'm trying to figure out if a dealer submits your order right away if it means they had allocation
Old 11/2/10, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by msqr
Interesting... when you meant you were at Week 5 of your wait, does that mean Ford only accepted your dealer's order 5 weeks ago? So your dealer waited 3 weeks to submit your order? Or did they submit your order right away?

I'm trying to figure out if a dealer submits your order right away if it means they had allocation
As far as I understand, the dealer submitted my order right away, but it wasn't processed until their allocation came up, 3 weeks later.
Old 11/2/10, 10:44 AM
GT Member

As far as I understand, the dealer submitted my order right away, but it wasn't processed until their allocation came up, 3 weeks later.
So did Ford see this as a submitted to plant right away situation? Ford CS is always so useless and my dealer isn't any better either. How did you ask them about dealer allocation? I'd try but I'm convinced not to bother as they'd probably tell me 'no info'.

Was your order also accepted right away by Ford even though allocation wasn't up yet?
Old 11/2/10, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by msqr
So did Ford see this as a submitted to plant right away situation? Ford CS is always so useless and my dealer isn't any better either. How did you ask them about dealer allocation? I'd try but I'm convinced not to bother as they'd probably tell me 'no info'.

Was your order also accepted right away by Ford even though allocation wasn't up yet?
No, the order wasn't submitted to the plant right away. I'm not sure how long after the allocation came in that it was submitted, all Customer Service would tell me is that it had been received by the plant now.

I didn't ask for specifics about the allocation date, etc., the girl from Customer Service gave me that information without any prodding.

I think my order was accepted right away, but again, it basically sat in limbo until the allocation for the dealership came up.

Hope this answers your questions.
Old 11/2/10, 10:51 AM
GT Member

Thanks. Yeah I think it does. They always use such generic phrases when I call Ford CS. I've always gotten the 'awaiting random computer selection process to select car to be built'. I like how they say it's a random computer process. Like they're so high tech.

Quick Reply: Problems with Mustang production?