Notices
2010-2014 Mustang News on the Previous Generation Mustang

Power seat died

Old 6/13/14, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kylerohde View Post
Tom - how do I disconnect the seat cover from the base?
There are "J" shaped plastic clips around the base that hook onto a metal rod. You have to push down to release the tension. You may have to also turn them outward to get them to pop off the rod (see attached pic).
Attached Thumbnails Power seat died-seat.jpg  
Old 6/13/14, 07:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by TomServo92 View Post
There are "J" shaped plastic clips around the base that hook onto a metal rod. You have to push down to release the tension. You may have to also turn them outward to get them to pop off the rod (see attached pic).
Awesome - ordered the part today so will hit this next weekend or the week after I think!
Old 6/13/14, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kylerohde View Post
Awesome - ordered the part today so will hit this next weekend or the week after I think!
Send me PM's if you have questions after you get started.
Old 5/5/19, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 mustang has separate fuses for each seat.

Power seat switches are junk. Motors go out and area weak link in the seat design. Get a new switch and install it then check the fuses under the hood 30 amp 5 bucks each. Find a motor.
Unbolt the seat, fold the seat forward. Tilt folded seat back against back k seat,Using a short 2x4 underneath to hold the seat up unplug the motor, plug in the replacement and operate the switch If it works swap replacement motor with old one bolt seat back in.

Originally Posted by AlsCobra View Post
Possible.

Post a couple pics of the wiring diagram. Maybe I can help diagnose. If one motor is hot to the touch, unplug that one and see if the others work correctly. I believe the seat motors are protected by a circuit breaker. If one is shorted, it may trip the breaker for all.
Old 6/21/19, 08:20 PM

My research determined that a common issue with our power seats, especially in the 2011 model year, the epoxy used in the seat motors holding the magnets to the motor case lets go and the motor only bumps or nudges when the switch is engaged. All three of my motors had their epoxy fail. Only one, the rear lift and lower motor on my driver's seat didnt work. I tried everything, switches, relays, fuses. Removed the seat and saw no way to remove the motors apart from the whole assembly. The power assembly costs a small fortune from Ford. I finally found a used seat locally from a '12 for cheap. Now, my seat works great.
I disassembled the bad power /motor assembly by force for an autopsy and found ALL, the motor magnets falling apart from the failed epoxy garbage..
Old 7/10/19, 01:13 AM

Mine died on my 08 and it was still under warranty at the time. The dealer said that Ford knew there was a problem with a wire getting cut by the seat moving back and forth. They pulled the seat, rewired it and moved the wire out of the way. Thats what they said anyway. I never had another problem with it after that fix.