Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Possible AdvanceTrac issue - Thoughts??

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/16, 08:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Good guess. I didn't expect them to, since the fault cleared. Sure enough, no codes were saved, so they had nothing to go on. I suggested that they check the ABS sensors for security, but they didn't. I really only took it in because my warranty expires this week, and I wanted it on the record. No luck making it happen again either, so I've got that going for me... which is nice.
Other than that, great car! The only other flaw I've dealt with was a spidering of the radio display. I followed the info on another thread, and replaced it myself with a custom piece.
Old 3/9/16, 01:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by The Arbiter
Hi folks,

Last night I took my lady out on the town (oh yeah, my fiance went too ).

We ended up at the local mall, spent a couple of hours wading thru teenagers and looking at stuff we don't need. We came out, got in the car and headed out of the parking lot. She had been parked flat, the parking lot entrance was flat, weather was beautiful, still about 65°, dry, nothing on the road.

As we headed out at about 20 mph, the AdvanceTrac light (car with the squiggly lines) flashed for about 5 seconds and the car shuddered. It reminded me exactly of riding my mountain bike and trying to shift gears while peddling up a hill....stuttering, shaking, etc. I hit the AdvanceTrac button several times to no effect. I stopped the car, turned it off....turned it back on and drove the hour or so home with no more problems.

Anyone had this issues? Advice? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Oh, my ride is a 2012 V6, bone stock, JUST turned over 20,000 miles on the trip yesterday.
Mine has done it a few times. Once I got rid of the Pirelli tires it has not done it again. I don't know if that's the culprit but I do know the Pirelli tires were cupped and I theorize that could have caused the computer to think their was a traction issue going on. Just a theory.

Oh and by the way the Pirelli tires are junk.