Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Picking it up tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/12, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeDogInKC
Any tips on minimizing wheel spin with the auto? I'm getting pretty terrible 0 - 60 times ATM. I did the 1/8 in 9.2 @ 84.9 mph though, which seemed okay. What kind of 1/8 mile times should I be able to get.
I'm solidly in the 8's but I've only did it twice. Don't remember the exact number.
Old 5/20/12, 09:57 PM

It's amazing how different of a beast this is than my 2011 with the Manual. In the manual, you could feather the clutch a bit, take off slowly and slowly add throttle. In this, you can mash it to the floor and not spin from a dead stop, but then around 2000 RPMs it's like a turbo kicks in. The wheels break loose at that point.

It's going to be a learning curve to figure out the best launch in this thing, but what's funner that that?! I think that I'm going to try flooring it, letting up and then slowly adding again.
Old 5/25/12, 09:29 AM

Just dropped this baby off at the dealer to get my AirRaid CAI and lowering springs taken care of. I seen a fun Memorial Day weekend in my future. In a couple weeks to a month, I'll be getting an SCT Tune and probably some cat-back exhaust. All this will be done by the dealer, so I don't have to worry about Warranty problems.

I called BAMA last night and made sure their tunes are 2013 GT ready. Who should I order a tune from? BAMA, Steeda or JLT?
Old 5/25/12, 01:44 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
press lesss hard?
Old 5/25/12, 02:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeDogInKC
I'll be getting an SCT Tune and probably some cat-back exhaust. All this will be done by the dealer, so I don't have to worry about Warranty problems.
How's that? Just because a dealer installs an SCT tune doesn't mean it won't void your warranty. In fact I'd be very surprised that a dealer would install an SCT tune.
Old 5/25/12, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
How's that? Just because a dealer installs an SCT tune doesn't mean it won't void your warranty. In fact I'd be very surprised that a dealer would install an SCT tune.
I talked to the dealer about mods while I was there after reading some stuff on here. He told me that they do have to prove that it was the mod that caused the problem. However, they also have an aftermarket department where they can install tunes and aftermarket parts and keep everything warrantied for you, so there's literally no worry. Since they did the work and authorized it at the same dealership, they pretty much have to cover it.

I wanted to get a CAI + Tune, but they don't have any certified aftermarket tunes that they'll install on the 2013's yet, so I'm waiting for that.
Old 5/25/12, 05:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd personally go with a tune from Jon Lund or BBR
Old 5/25/12, 07:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Beautiful car! I noticed the Gary Crosley sticker...I bought my 13 GT/CS at Thoroughbred. I live in Blue Springs...this weekend there are a ton of car shows around the KC area...Hope to see you around town.
Old 5/25/12, 08:15 PM
Cobra R Member

JoeDog - I am happy for you man! You and I took similar paths - I traded in my 2011 5.0 6MT (vert) a year ago on my 2012 GB 6AT coupe. Sorry I couldn't wait for 2013, but maybe I would have if I'd known I could combine Brembo and 6AT options. The '13 6AT must be nice but I cannot complain; I love my car!

Anyway, want to say that I wish my dealer was a cool as yours. Every dealer within a 150-mile radius of me won't let so much as a FRPP tune be on the car or the warranty is voided. I've pushed back and they are adamant. So it's cool that your dealer is working with you. As soon as I can, I want to install a Steeda CAI/tune but since I am at only 6k miles now, I figure I have 54k to go...
Old 5/25/12, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by n4agoodtyme
Beautiful car! I noticed the Gary Crosley sticker...I bought my 13 GT/CS at Thoroughbred. I live in Blue Springs...this weekend there are a ton of car shows around the KC area...Hope to see you around town.
Hey man, thanks for the tip about the cruise. What timeframe will you guys be around the Liberty area? I may just have to join up with ya!

Also, I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with Gary Crossley. I've bought most of my 'Stangs via Thoroughbred, but the experience @ Gary Crossley was MUCH better, honestly. They gave me an astounding trade-in amount and took my initial (fair) offer with no questions. I didn't want to haggle too much and from what I've read, the holdback stuff doesn't always filter down to the sales guys. I didn't want to stiff him too much on his commission.

I had them check the VINCENT system for my brochure offer, and it turns out that I was going to receive the lower financing instead of the $750 off, but they coupled it with the $500 rebate for me, which was acceptable. I said, give me $25,750 for my 2011 and take $1000 off (I'm not paying destination/delivery/paper fees).

Old 5/25/12, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
JoeDog - I am happy for you man! You and I took similar paths - I traded in my 2011 5.0 6MT (vert) a year ago on my 2012 GB 6AT coupe. Sorry I couldn't wait for 2013, but maybe I would have if I'd known I could combine Brembo and 6AT options. The '13 6AT must be nice but I cannot complain; I love my car!

Anyway, want to say that I wish my dealer was a cool as yours. Every dealer within a 150-mile radius of me won't let so much as a FRPP tune be on the car or the warranty is voided. I've pushed back and they are adamant. So it's cool that your dealer is working with you. As soon as I can, I want to install a Steeda CAI/tune but since I am at only 6k miles now, I figure I have 54k to go...
That sucks man! This is the first Mustang in a long time that I've wanted to mod/customize, so I knew going in that I wanted a dealer that was on board. I asked before we even began talking numbers. Got to talk to the Aftermarket guy and he was really cool. He said I could whatever I wanted and it was really on THEM to prove it if I had a problem and they thought it was related to a mod. Since they have their own department to do this stuff, I figured I'd let them do it and make sure it's fully covered. I may end up doing the tune on my own if they don't come up with something quick though.