Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Pandora + Sync = AWESOME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/15, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pandora on SYNC is frustrating. SYNCri will read you your station list. But she will not just put it on the screen and let you press the button.
Old 2/19/15, 10:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It would be nice to have the "channels" show up on the screen (although I have mine memorized ). I wish that channel "1" was not just a mix of all the stations, as I never use that option (since I have pretty eclectic tastes).

Unfortunately, I'm finding SYNC doesn't "sync up" with Pandora as reliably as it once did. Recently (and increasingly it seems), SYNC will simply say "no mobile app found, trying to find some" - even though my phone is connected via Bluetooth and Pandora is definitely there and/or running.
Old 2/19/15, 01:31 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Kinda wish Ford would not go away from sync until they can get it running better. Im afraid that once they switch, we will be stuck with what we have.

I wish you could run more than one app in mobile apps. Would like to run a GPS and Aonter app like pandora at the same time.
Old 2/19/15, 02:34 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by James Abate
Pandora on SYNC is frustrating. SYNCri will read you your station list. But she will not just put it on the screen and let you press the button.
Hi James Abate,

Did you know the SYNC woman's voice is actually named Samantha? She answers to a bunch of nicknames though. SYNCri is clever!

It sounds like your system is functioning as intended. Check out these voice commands and manual controls that can be used with Pandora. It might be helpful: http://support.ford.com/tools/applin...3-0022197af4af

Originally Posted by Varilux
Unfortunately, I'm finding SYNC doesn't "sync up" with Pandora as reliably as it once did. Recently (and increasingly it seems), SYNC will simply say "no mobile app found, trying to find some" - even though my phone is connected via Bluetooth and Pandora is definitely there and/or running.
Check to make sure Pandora is pulled up on your phone before giving the command MOBILE APPS next time, Varilux. Also make sure that Pandora isn't waiting for you to answer a question or complete any steps of the login process.

Originally Posted by SouthernStang79
I wish you could run more than one app in mobile apps. Would like to run a GPS and Aonter app like pandora at the same time.
Hey SouthernStang79,

Your system isn't capable of running multiple apps at once through AppLink, but feel free to share your suggestion at: https://social.ford.com/content/ford...home-page.html To share your idea, log in and click POST.

Kim
Old 2/20/15, 08:05 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam

Hey SouthernStang79,

Your system isn't capable of running multiple apps at once through AppLink, but feel free to share your suggestion at: https://social.ford.com/content/ford...home-page.html To share your idea, log in and click POST.

Kim
Thanks will do. I guess this means that ford will continue to develop/support Sync in the future?
Old 2/20/15, 10:09 AM

We sure will continue to support and enhance SYNC, SouthernStang79! Look how far we've come already.

Rebecca
Old 2/20/15, 10:12 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
Will there be enhancements to the Microsoft powered SYNC (specifically the version in my '13 GT)? I'd love to see Apple Carplay support added.
Old 2/20/15, 09:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Check to make sure Pandora is pulled up on your phone before giving the command MOBILE APPS next time, Varilux. Also make sure that Pandora isn't waiting for you to answer a question or complete any steps of the login process.

Unfortunately, I've tried/checked all that... the issue seems to be with SYNC- not the phone. I have found two "fixes" I can do when it happens:
1. Turn off the car, restart, and try again (usually works), or
2. Turn off the phone (which breaks the Bluetooth connection), restart the phone, and reconnect it.

When I first purchased the car (almost two years ago now), this only happened once every couple months. Then it started happening every couple weeks. Now it is occurring a couple times per week. At least I'm getting good at reconnecting the phone in traffic, but I'm hoping the trend doesn't continue...
Old 2/22/15, 07:33 PM
GT Member

Still waiting on Ford's promise to update 3.5 Million in market SYNC equipped cars by end of year 2014...

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/01...nc-to-applink/
Old 2/22/15, 08:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by msqr
Still waiting on Ford's promise to update 3.5 Million in market SYNC equipped cars by end of year 2014... http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/01...nc-to-applink/
Yep. Not one update of significance since Sync first came out, far as I can tell. If Ford wasn't sure about this, I don't know why they made such a public announcement.
Old 2/22/15, 10:58 PM
GT Member

Yeah... I thought it would be worth mentioning again since FordIVTTeam said this just a few posts up:

"We sure will continue to support and enhance SYNC"
Old 2/23/15, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by SpectreH
Will there be enhancements to the Microsoft powered SYNC (specifically the version in my '13 GT)? I'd love to see Apple Carplay support added.
Hey SpectreH,

Ford is working to integrate Apple’s CarPlay in the future, but I haven’t received specific details yet. As more information becomes available, I’ll be sure to share it with the forum.

Unfortunately, I've tried/checked all that... the issue seems to be with SYNC- not the phone. I have found two "fixes" I can do when it happens:
2. Turn off the phone (which breaks the Bluetooth connection), restart the phone, and reconnect it.

When I first purchased the car (almost two years ago now), this only happened once every couple months. Then it started happening every couple weeks. Now it is occurring a couple times per week. At least I'm getting good at reconnecting the phone in traffic, but I'm hoping the trend doesn't continue...
Please send me the VIN in a PM along with the type of phone you’re connecting. Include any other troubleshooting that you’ve tried so far as well. I’d like to look into this.

Originally Posted by msqr
Yeah... I thought it would be worth mentioning again since FordIVTTeam said this just a few posts up:
"We sure will continue to support and enhance SYNC"
Hi msqr,

I am unable to speculate on future enhancements. The best place to check for available software updates is at: www.Support.Ford.com

Kim
Old 2/23/15, 05:23 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Thanks for the update Kim.
Old 2/23/15, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by SpectreH
Thanks for the update Kim.
It's my pleasure, SpectreH!

Kim
Old 2/24/15, 05:26 AM

I had the same problem with my Android phone. Somedays it would pick right up and work, others it would act like Pandora didn't exist. Sometimes if you start listening to Pandora just via Bluetooth Audio and then open it as a Mobile app it would work. Then there was always the dreaded "Sync has detected a problem with Pandora and stopped communicating.." Always in the middle of a good song.

I think its more the combination of App and Phone that is the issue. IHeartAuto (IHeartRadio Sync App) almost always worked but it uses more data. Pandora used to work great when I first bought the car a year or so ago and the Sync software hasn't changed.

I ended up switching to an iPhone. I'm not as pleased to have to connect it via USB to access sync features, but Pandora works much better. I also have the option of the mountain of music I've accumulated over the years on the phone itself.
Old 2/25/15, 09:47 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SgtRedline
I had the same problem with my Android phone. Somedays it would pick right up and work, others it would act like Pandora didn't exist. Sometimes if you start listening to Pandora just via Bluetooth Audio and then open it as a Mobile app it would work. Then there was always the dreaded "Sync has detected a problem with Pandora and stopped communicating.." Always in the middle of a good song.

I think its more the combination of App and Phone that is the issue. IHeartAuto (IHeartRadio Sync App) almost always worked but it uses more data. Pandora used to work great when I first bought the car a year or so ago and the Sync software hasn't changed.

I ended up switching to an iPhone. I'm not as pleased to have to connect it via USB to access sync features, but Pandora works much better. I also have the option of the mountain of music I've accumulated over the years on the phone itself.
Have you tried performing a full reset on the phone? I know it's a hassle, but some other app may be interfering and hogging all the processing time.
Old 2/25/15, 10:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Not sure why Ford requires a USB iPhone connection for Pandora. I have a 2014 Honda Civic .. Pandora works perfect on my iPhone via Bluetooth and even shows Album art and full controls and on the Civics touchscreen radio display.
Old 2/25/15, 11:57 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
Not sure why Ford requires a USB iPhone connection for Pandora. I have a 2014 Honda Civic .. Pandora works perfect on my iPhone via Bluetooth and even shows Album art and full controls and on the Civics touchscreen radio display.

My wife has a cheap aftermarket radio in her Saturn ION. Even it shows iPhone music information over Bluetooth, while SYNC in my Mustang requires a USB connection to do that. I used to think it was an "iPhone not play well with non-Apple products" issue, but not after I saw it work on the $200 JVC head unit.

I guess it could be a "Microsoft doesn't like Apple" issue.
Old 2/25/15, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

I had the same problem with my Android phone. Somedays it would pick right up and work, others it would act like Pandora didn't exist.

Yep, that describes the situation exactly. I will send in my VIN and phone info (I'm on vacation this week, and the wife has determined being on TMS is "not a vacation approved activity" ).

I currently have a Samsung S4 (Android). When I first purchased the car, I had a Samsung S3... I have to say, the S3 seemed to be a better match for the car (it had some functionality that my S4 doesn't have- for example, the S3 would display text messages- the S4 will not). Also, as mentioned earlier, I seem to encounter more days where SYNC will not recognize Pandora on the S4 than I had with the S3.
Old 2/25/15, 12:18 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I checked the SYNC website. As of testing done in late 2014, texting via SYNC on iPhone is not supported.

Quick Reply: Pandora + Sync = AWESOME!!!