Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/14, 07:10 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thomas S
The steering wheel would be easy enough to replace if that's all that's bothering you.
Any reccomendations on aftermarket steering wheels? I've some people somehow acquire the fleet package steering wheel, which was basically the premium steering wheel without sync. However, I've never seen it sold anywhere.

On another note, you own my dream car. Kona, gt premium, 3.73, and aftermarket roush ab. You sure chose your options wisely.
Old 4/10/14, 07:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
Definitely not accurate. While my Mustang is going to be my year round daily, I do have a Camaro for a summer weekend toy that has never, ever been even remotely close to driven hard. Never seen a track day, never will.
Duh, it's a Camaro so why bother bringing it to the track. It'll just lose and what fun is that.
Old 4/10/14, 07:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by alecmets2011
Any reccomendations on aftermarket steering wheels? I've some people somehow acquire the fleet package steering wheel, which was basically the premium steering wheel without sync. However, I've never seen it sold anywhere.

On another note, you own my dream car. Kona, gt premium, 3.73, and aftermarket roush ab. You sure chose your options wisely.
Thanks! I sure enjoy it. I made sure to get all the good options this time around.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/ford-mustang-gt-steering-wheel
You can get a GT500 steering wheel for under $300 which is better than the one on my premium. The car you're looking at looks sweet. You should go for it. Oh and you can switch to leather later if you want also.
Old 4/10/14, 07:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Search the net...on my last mustang I got a brand new premium leather steering wheel from a GT for $89...
Old 4/10/14, 07:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the Boss 302 steering wheel on mine and I love it. I wouldn't have any other wheel after having this one.
Old 4/10/14, 08:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by flynavy
I've got the Boss 302 steering wheel on mine and I love it. I wouldn't have any other wheel after having this one.
Originally Posted by JCStang
Search the net...on my last mustang I got a brand new premium leather steering wheel from a GT for $89...
Didn't you both have non-working radio buttons though?

The Boss looks tempting since it doesn't have the sync button, but the radio controls don't work. right?

If I could get the buttons to work, that'd be great. But if there's no way with either the boss, the premium, or the GT500s, I think I'd rather just buy a cheap leather steering wheel cover to put around it.

Non-working buttons = OCD
Old 4/10/14, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Every single one of my buttons works. I swapped out my GT premium buttons to the new boss wheel when I installed it and eery button functions. There is a write up on the whole thing that I have in my favorites somewhere. Very simple to do.
Old 4/11/14, 04:32 AM
Cobra Member

Didn't you both have non-working radio buttons though?

The Boss looks tempting since it doesn't have the sync button, but the radio controls don't work. right?

If I could get the buttons to work, that'd be great. But if there's no way with either the boss, the premium, or the GT500s, I think I'd rather just buy a cheap leather steering wheel cover to put around it.

Non-working buttons = OCD
I didn't give a crap about the radio buttons not working, that ugly piece of plastic bugged me more. And wrapping a piece of leather around it would be even uglier. Besides, if you are getting a V8, who the heck needs the radio button working, you have the best music coming from those tail pipes....and the wheel can be prgrammed to work if it bugs you that much...
Old 4/11/14, 08:25 AM
GT Member

I like this 2011 better, assuming it has not been wrecked or flooded:

http://dundalkmotors.v12soft.com/inv...0-BALTIMORE-MD
Old 4/11/14, 08:35 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by scott9050
I like this 2011 better, assuming it has not been wrecked or flooded: http://dundalkmotors.v12soft.com/inv...0-BALTIMORE-MD
And assuming it's the correct car. Notice it says manual but it's clearly an auto in the pics. That's an unbeatable price!! Best deal I've ever seen if legit.

Also: the original owner needs to be slapped for removing the Cali grille and stripe.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 4/11/14 at 08:37 AM.
Old 4/11/14, 12:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

I say if you want a premium, hold out for a premium.

One other thing, and perhaps this is a bit of unnecessary paranoia, but I always am skeptical of nice new cars coming from no-name small lots. You know the guy who traded it likely didn't trade it into some random little lot, which means the car probably came from auction. Auctions are no big deal as thousands and thousands of cars come from there, but usually they end up there when a dealer doesn't want a particular car on the lot. Usually if the car checks out and is great, the dealer you trade a car into turns around and sells it. If they find for some reason that it doesn't meet their standards, then they send it to auction, where it can end up on some random little lot.

Not saying all these lots are bad or all the cars on them are, I just find myself wondering how the cars got there sometimes.
Old 4/11/14, 01:20 PM
Cobra Member

One other thing, and perhaps this is a bit of unnecessary paranoia, but I always am skeptical of nice new cars coming from no-name small lots. You know the guy who traded it likely didn't trade it into some random little lot, which means the car probably came from auction. Auctions are no big deal as thousands and thousands of cars come from there, but usually they end up there when a dealer doesn't want a particular car on the lot. Usually if the car checks out and is great, the dealer you trade a car into turns around and sells it. If they find for some reason that it doesn't meet their standards, then they send it to auction, where it can end up on some random little lot.

Not saying all these lots are bad or all the cars on them are, I just find myself wondering how the cars got there sometimes.
Thats why I always buy new.....
Old 4/16/14, 06:11 PM
GT Member

It wasn't at some no name small lot. Budget sells cars nationwide, but nevermind that. I decided to hold out for a premium. It seems worth it unless something amazing pops up.

To all: I'm taking into consideration cars with asking prices up to $24k, but I need to get it down to $22k with some negotiating. With that in mind, here's 3 cars. Take your pick. Also which one do you think I have the best chance of getting for $22k.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Index=13&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=9&Log=0

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...iedOnly=false&

Number 3 is my personal favorite. BONE STOCK from what I can tell.
Old 4/16/14, 06:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd go #2 if you like the stone interior. Xenons + better color + low miles.
Old 4/16/14, 07:19 PM
GT Member

I'd go #2 if you like the stone interior. Xenons + better color + low miles.
Even though it's likely tuned?
Old 4/16/14, 07:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Missed that part, if it's tuned, pass. I just saw the Roush exhaust in my quick look.
Old 4/16/14, 08:03 PM
GT Member

Missed that part, if it's tuned, pass. I just saw the Roush exhaust in my quick look.
The Roush ABs plus the color was the only reason I was interested in it at all. IF it's tuned, 3 is the best IMO, Unless someone gives me a reason otherwise.
Old 4/17/14, 07:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
It wasn't at some no name small lot. Budget sells cars nationwide, but nevermind that. I decided to hold out for a premium. It seems worth it unless something amazing pops up.

To all: I'm taking into consideration cars with asking prices up to $24k, but I need to get it down to $22k with some negotiating. With that in mind, here's 3 cars. Take your pick. Also which one do you think I have the best chance of getting for $22k.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Index=13&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=9&Log=0

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...iedOnly=false&

Number 3 is my personal favorite. BONE STOCK from what I can tell.
Of those 3, I'd take #3 absolutely. Like someone earlier said, seeing these cars at those local, small used car places seems like kind of a red flag to me. Buying from an expensive, European import place and knowing the guy traded it in on a Porsche, he's obviously got money and likely took meticulous care of it.
Old 4/17/14, 11:09 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Of those 3, I'd take #3 absolutely. Like someone earlier said, seeing these cars at those local, small used car places seems like kind of a red flag to me. Buying from an expensive, European import place and knowing the guy traded it in on a Porsche, he's obviously got money and likely took meticulous care of it.
So how much do you think I should pay if I do go up there, see it, and like it?What should I offer?
Old 4/17/14, 11:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
So how much do you think I should pay if I do go up there, see it, and like it?What should I offer?
I'd see what KBB, NADA and Edmunds value the car at first but I would think $22,500 would be a great price.

Quick Reply: Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd