Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/14, 06:21 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd

Hey all. I posted here back in early feb. asking about whether I should have got this 2011 5.0 GT base. It looked like a pretty good deal, but after consulting you guys, I decided to wait a little while for a Premium to show up in my price range. It looks like I've found one

http://www.koonschryslerdodgejeepram...e8a1b1440a.htm

Just like the other one, it looks like a pretty good deal. I'm happy with the mileage and price, but again I want to know what you guys think. From the pictures I can see it has a few after market modifications: drilled brake rotors (don't appear to be slotted as well unfortunately), a BAMA tune, and a little old style '60s V8 badge on the back. I want the car to be as stock as possible. I like originality. The brake rotors seem like a fine upgrade, so I'm okay with them unless you guys think they're not quality rotors. I'm not thrilled about the BAMA tune though, mostly because I don't know what kind of tune the previous owner did.

Along with the tune, I'd expect it has a cold air intake. There aren't any engine pics to prove this so I'm going to contact them tomorrow requesting a few. JLT, K&N, Roush, Airaid, and BBK all make pretty good ones, so if it has one of them it wouldn't affect my purchase. I'm just hoping I don't find some crap chinese knock off from a company I've never heard of. Unlikely but you never know.

Condition wise, It looks really good. Like really really good for the price. Only flaw I can see in the pictures is the infamous paint peeling on the steering wheel buttons. Let me know if you find any other notable flaws.

Sorry for the long post guys. I just need to be sure before a pull the trigger. Drive to see it is 3 hours so it better be worth it if I do go see it. New Jersey mustangs are really expensive so I have to go out of state. Let me know what you guys think. Good deal buy it? Bad deal skip it?

Nearly forgot to mention this, it's KONA BLUE
Old 3/12/14, 06:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
It's a good price. Too many miles on it for my taste but interior seems well kept. What's your cutoff price? With a couple grand more you can get a 12 car with less miles. If you like it then get it! Don't worry about us! Good luck!

P.s. Be cautious of the tune. Ask about a warranty.
Old 3/12/14, 06:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Check out what a brand new base GT would run you. With $750 coupon and $3000 rebates and the fact they are dealing you should be able to pick one up fairly cheap. I myself would never buy a used mustang unless I knew who owned it and they didn't beat the crap out of it. Send out a few price quote requests to several dealers...play them against each other.
Old 3/12/14, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks nice. the only think that turns me off is that it doesn't have HIDs, and i prefer the 401A interior
Old 3/12/14, 06:49 PM
GT Member

I would keep looking if it was me. Miles are high and I'm not a fan of buying a modded car from a dealership especially with a tune. Prefer bone stock so I can do whatever I want to it, not build/change off what someone else had done. I picked up my untouched 11 GT Premium w/21K, 401a interior, comfort, for $22k out the door last March. Gotta be patient and constantly look what's available. I was on Autotrader constantly and ready to go when I found the right one.

Last edited by 2010GBGT; 3/12/14 at 06:51 PM.
Old 3/12/14, 06:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by JCStang
Check out what a brand new base GT would run you. With $750 coupon and $3000 rebates and the fact they are dealing you should be able to pick one up fairly cheap. I myself would never buy a used mustang unless I knew who owned it and they didn't beat the crap out of it. Send out a few price quote requests to several dealers...play them against each other.
So true. These days you almost have to interview the past owner or know him to buy used . But alas there are people like us JC, that treat our cars like kids.

Reminds me, the dealership sold my old V6 in 3 days! I figured they just slashed the price to move it. Well, I just about had a heart attack to see that they sold my used 11 for what it cost NEW.

So much for me thinking I got them by getting 7k over for my trade in. They made out like bandits.
Old 3/12/14, 06:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My dealer liked my 12 so much he has it on the showroom floor with their new cars...
Old 3/12/14, 07:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't buy one that had a tune on it unless it came in with an extended powertrain warranty for free.
Old 3/12/14, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm thinking a little high in the mileage & therefore price. I think their posted KBB price seems inflated.

Do they have the tuner that was used to tune the car? Does it have the stock tune still stored on it? I think you should keep looking!

Not sure my 2011 would book that high at KBB. Guess I should check mine has just over 13,000 miles on it only mod is GT500 mufflers.

I'm thinking there should be more of them available when the 2015 MY becomes available! I know mine will most likely be traded or sold for the 2015.
Old 3/12/14, 08:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
It's a good price. Too many miles on it for my taste but interior seems well kept. What's your cutoff price? With a couple grand more you can get a 12 car with less miles. If you like it then get it! Don't worry about us! Good luck!

P.s. Be cautious of the tune. Ask about a warranty.
Cut off price is $22k before taxes. Tight budget I know
Old 3/12/14, 08:26 PM
GT Member

I prefer bone stock as well, but this is the best priced stang within 300 miles of me (not cheapest but best value). I HATE JERSEY
Old 3/12/14, 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

I wouldn't touch it. Too many miles, too many mods (including a voided power train warranty), and that's the first one I've ever seen with bad paint on the steering wheel buttons (is this actually a common issue? Never heard of it til now). Also the lack of HIDs makes it look like the $20k car it is, not a $35k car.

You can get a brand new base GT for around $26k if you shop hard and rack up incentives. Granted I realize this is a premium, but I think you can find a better car for $21k.
Old 3/12/14, 08:34 PM
GT Member

I guess I should add a little more info. I would like to wait for the 2015 mustangs to come out so I could get a 2011 cheaper, but unfortunately I can't wait that long. I need the car by this summer (personal reasons, not just because I want a summer driver). Also, the next cheapest Mustang within 200 miles of me is $22k and not premium with 36k miles. Next Premium is $23k with 37k miles. The northeast coast is the most expensive place to buy a mustang unfortunately.
Old 3/12/14, 08:39 PM
GT Member

I challenge you all to find me a better deal around zip 08003 (not my real zip but close). New GT around $26k? That's crazy, and over my budget
Old 3/12/14, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by alecmets2011
I challenge you all to find me a better deal around zip 08003 (not my real zip but close).
If you don't like what people are telling you since it's not what you want to hear, then why are you posting here? Just buy it then.

New GT around $26k? That's crazy, and over my budget
Yeah it might be over your budget, but it's 3 years newer and only $5k more, which the reason people are pointing that out is not because you can go buy one but because it shows how much more car you should be able to buy for your price range.

You said yourself you wanted a stock car, so why are you looking at modded ones to begin with, especially ones with tunes which means you KNOW it's had the snot beat out of it?

Listen to people here and move along, otherwise buy it and enjoy it and be done with it.
Old 3/12/14, 08:43 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by puma1552
I wouldn't touch it. Too many miles, too many mods (including a voided power train warranty), and that's the first one I've ever seen with bad paint on the steering wheel buttons (is this actually a common issue? Never heard of it til now). Also the lack of HIDs makes it look like the $20k car it is, not a $35k car.

You can get a brand new base GT for around $26k if you shop hard and rack up incentives. Granted I realize this is a premium, but I think you can find a better car for $21k.
Look up "2011 mustang steering wheel buttons" you'll find plenty of links. And can I also ask why 46k is high mileage? You people make it sound like these cars engine lifespan is only 60k miles
Old 3/12/14, 08:49 PM
GT Member

If you don't like what people are telling you since it's not what you want to hear, then why are you posting here? Just buy it then.

Yeah it might be over your budget, but it's 3 years newer and only $5k more, which the reason people are pointing that out is not because you can go buy one but because it shows how much more car you should be able to buy for your price range.

You said yourself you wanted a stock car, so why are you looking at modded ones to begin with, especially ones with tunes which means you KNOW it's had the snot beat out of it?

Listen to people here and move along, otherwise buy it and enjoy it and be done with it.
Jeez chill out. It's not that I don't like all your opinions. I just want to know why you think that way. New question: Do you think I'll be able to find a bone stock 2011 gt premium under 22k before june? I can't afford more.
Old 3/12/14, 08:52 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by knk11stang
I'm thinking a little high in the mileage & therefore price. I think their posted KBB price seems inflated.

Do they have the tuner that was used to tune the car? Does it have the stock tune still stored on it? I think you should keep looking!

Not sure my 2011 would book that high at KBB. Guess I should check mine has just over 13,000 miles on it only mod is GT500 mufflers.

I'm thinking there should be more of them available when the 2015 MY becomes available! I know mine will most likely be traded or sold for the 2015.
I agree that KBB price is inflated. I was wondering if they still had the tuner, but that's for tomorrow to find out
Old 3/12/14, 08:57 PM
GT Member

I guess I should add a little more info. I would like to wait for the 2015 mustangs to come out so I could get a 2011 cheaper, but unfortunately I can't wait that long. I need the car by this summer (personal reasons, not just because I want a summer driver). Also, the next cheapest Mustang within 200 miles of me is $22k and not premium with 36k miles. Next Premium is $23k with 37k miles. The northeast coast is the most expensive place to buy a mustang unfortunately.
Sent you a PM...
Old 3/12/14, 09:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
I challenge you all to find me a better deal around zip 08003 (not my real zip but close). New GT around $26k? That's crazy, and over my budget
Are you completely adverse to buying one elsewhere, flying there to buy and driving it home? Or having it shipped? Those are both good options.

Quick Reply: Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd