Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/14, 08:24 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kylerohde

On the other hand, that means a lot of highway driving, which is easy on the car so maybe not so bad. Mine's got 57K so maybe I'm biased! If it had the extended powertrain warranty up to 100K, I'd be ok with that.

Just another example though...here's a GT (non-premium but has leather seats at least) that's Kona Blue, 36K miles, 2012, for $22K. You could offer $21, spend $250 to fly one way to Kansas City and drive it home in 2 days. Or have it shipped, which is very common too. http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Very true bro! I was just thinking for the cars age at 12,000 year for say 3 years should be around 36k or so. 54k miles is certainly nothing and in fact your still breaking her in. Lol!
Old 3/14/14, 11:50 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Well , if you can live without a premium model that's gonna help big time in getting your 5.0 in your price point I would think..
However that doesn't mean that I would consider getting one right now. That's for if June arrives and I still don't have a stand. Only way I'd consider one now is if there was a base 2011 5.0 kona blue brembo and it was priced well. Otherwise, I'd pass till June.
Old 3/14/14, 11:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by alecmets2011
However that doesn't mean that I would consider getting one right now. That's for if June arrives and I still don't have a stand. Only way I'd consider one now is if there was a base 2011 5.0 kona blue brembo and it was priced well. Otherwise, I'd pass till June.
Dang, that one I posted even has the Brembo wheels, but not the Brembo brakes. That dealership ships all over the country constantly too.
Old 3/14/14, 11:57 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
On the other hand, that means a lot of highway driving, which is easy on the car so maybe not so bad. Mine's got 57K so maybe I'm biased! If it had the extended powertrain warranty up to 100K, I'd be ok with that.

Just another example though...here's a GT (non-premium but has leather seats at least) that's Kona Blue, 36K miles, 2012, for $22K. You could offer $21, spend $250 to fly one way to Kansas City and drive it home in 2 days. Or have it shipped, which is very common too. http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Doing that would be a huge inconvenience for me. I know a lot of people do it, but they probably don't work as many hours as I do per week. Plus if I get there, test drive it, and find that it's been driven pretty hard, I'm screwed.
Old 3/14/14, 01:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Good luck bro. Keep us all posted with the final outcome!
Old 3/14/14, 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Patience and sound advice will be what helps you spend your money wisely.

Try and avoid high mileage vehicles and/or those with modifications. I traded in my base 2012 5.0 with 46k for my Boss in Sept. 2013.
My GT had VERY high mileage but it was 90% highway, between Dallas & Houston. Even though it wasn't abused or had a used and abused city driving transmission, it still had issues. My A/C went out twice.... at 40k and again at 44k.
What you think you're buying is not always what you're really buying. I'm praying the next guy who owns my GT doesn't have A/C issues.

Just for kicks though...
I bought it BRAND NEW (a couple weeks before the '13s came out) for $24k.

Being in warranty is SO worth the extra cost.
I'd rather spend a few more on a new '14 (with HIDS) and not worry about any single, big or small, issues.

Last edited by Krohn; 3/14/14 at 02:44 PM.
Old 3/14/14, 03:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Good luck bro. Keep us all posted with the final outcome!
Will do. I will be continually posting new cars here to see what you guys think until I finally buy one.
Old 3/14/14, 03:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Krohn
Patience and sound advice will be what helps you spend your money wisely.

Try and avoid high mileage vehicles and/or those with modifications. I traded in my base 2012 5.0 with 46k for my Boss in Sept. 2013.
My GT had VERY high mileage but it was 90% highway, between Dallas & Houston. Even though it wasn't abused or had a used and abused city driving transmission, it still had issues. My A/C went out twice.... at 40k and again at 44k.
What you think you're buying is not always what you're really buying. I'm praying the next guy who owns my GT doesn't have A/C issues.

Just for kicks though...
I bought it BRAND NEW (a couple weeks before the '13s came out) for $24k.

Being in warranty is SO worth the extra cost.
I'd rather spend a few more on a new '14 (with HIDS) and not worry about any single, big or small, issues.
Was that $24k just the car or was it the out the door price?

Also, two ACs!?!? Is this a common problem? Never heard of that happening before.
Old 3/15/14, 07:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know exactly what you want. That's good. Negotiation isn't hard. It can be as simple as what you've said firmly on this forum. I agree with you on flying to a car you're not certain you'll buy. HOWEVER... since you have time...

Establish some relationships with Ford dealers. Selling a used car in their brand family still means they have a reputation to uphold. You can often write to, sometimes online chat with, internet sales people. While I bought my Boss long distance , I knew a lot about it before flew out for the test drive. Many emails, photos, and phone calls first. They can also watch out for you with incoming trades and let you know right away when something meets your criteria. This could work well with dealers in your radius, too. You'll need inside help if you wanna land the deal of the century.

Have any car-buff relatives out of state that would test drive one for you? I have one in FL that checks on cars for me occasionally...

So my message is, maybe you should focus on WHO you are willing to buy from, then let them help you. If you trust them, you're far more likely to end up with a good deal on a well-kept car. And please get something, without drivetrain mods, with a good amount of warranty left. And HIDs ain't all that...

Last edited by KC3333; 3/15/14 at 07:33 AM.
Old 3/18/14, 05:21 PM
GT Member

http://www.koonschryslerdodgejeepram...e8a1b1440a.htm

Down to $20,488. Still a no go?
Old 3/18/14, 05:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you want it, go for it! You only live once.
Old 3/18/14, 07:05 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
if you want it, go for it! You only live once.
Calling them tomorrow about it. If I didn't live only once, chances are I wouldn't be being this careful about buying this stang lol.

To the other guys who have answered my questions, I will definitely be taking your thoughts into account. I had actually chosen to pass on it like most of you suggested, but $20,448 seemed a little too good pass up. That being said, I have a list of questions for the dealer tomorrow. Most importantly, is the car tuned, and if it is, does it have the SCT tuner? If it's tuned and doesn't still have that tuner, I'm 99% on passing it. They'd have to offer me one hell of a deal for me to buy it then.

Oh, and get well soon!!!

Last edited by alecmets2011; 3/18/14 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Why do you need to know? lol
Old 3/18/14, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Calling them tomorrow about it. If I didn't live only once, chances are I wouldn't be being this careful about buying this stang lol.

To the other guys who have answered my questions, I will definitely be taking your thoughts into account. I had actually chosen to pass on it like most of you suggested, but $20,448 seemed a little too good pass up. That being said, I have a list of questions for the dealer tomorrow. Most importantly, is the car tuned, and if it is, does it have the SCT tuner? If it's tuned and doesn't still have that tuner, I'm 99% on passing it. They'd have to offer me one hell of a deal for me to buy it then.

Oh, and get well soon!!!

Sounds like you know what you want! Go for it if you like it! I'd make a starting offer of $19,000 & see if you can make a deal!
Old 3/18/14, 08:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by knk11stang

Sounds like you know what you want! Go for it if you like it! I'd make a starting offer of $19,000 & see if you can make a deal!
Will do. Thanks for all the help everyone. I'll let you know how things work out.
Old 3/19/14, 05:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Definitely make the concerns about the tune part of your negotiations.

Keep us posted!!
Old 3/19/14, 06:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Luck!
Old 3/19/14, 07:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
and have them throw some type of warrenty on it for free, but get it in writing.
Old 3/19/14, 02:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MRGTX
Definitely make the concerns about the tune part of your negotiations.

Keep us posted!!
Just called the dealer. Sales rep says it was tuned but does have the tuner with it. He's going to email me tomorrow to confirm, but he sounded pretty confident (no long ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmms). With it I should be able to revert it back to factory spec. He's also going to send me a few engine pictures, and one of the tuner.
Old 3/19/14, 03:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Just called the dealer. Sales rep says it was tuned but does have the tuner with it. He's going to email me tomorrow to confirm, but he sounded pretty confident (no long ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmms). With it I should be able to revert it back to factory spec. He's also going to send me a few engine pictures, and one of the tuner.
There you go. Go for it!
Old 3/19/14, 03:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Nice. All I'd want to know now is will they offer you any kind of engine warranty. I think I know the answer but it's sure worth asking. Or even if they'd let you pay part of the cost for an extended powertrain warranty. I paid $500 when I bought mine to extend from 5/60K to 7/100K.

Quick Reply: Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd