Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/14, 03:38 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
Definitely not accurate. While my Mustang is going to be my year round daily, I do have a Camaro for a summer weekend toy that has never, ever been even remotely close to driven hard. Never seen a track day, never will.
Stating that low mileage drivers are harder on their cars than high mileage cars is comical for logical reasons beyond this thesis. It's more probable that car will endure more wear due to the sheer fact of being "higher mileage" regardless of misuse.

Do you run through the mud in your new church shoes?

I suppose people who eat less ice cream are fatter than those that don't.

Simple logic here no offense.

Btw, there's no sharks in California because I've never seen one. Lol

Hold on, I'm falling off a slippery slope while pointing to another wrong. Please don't throw red herrings at me! Lol
Old 3/21/14, 05:44 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Stating that low mileage drivers are harder on their cars than high mileage cars is comical for logical reasons beyond this thesis. It's more probable that car will endure more wear due to the sheer fact of being "higher mileage" regardless of misuse. Do you run through the mud in your new church shoes? I suppose people who eat less ice cream are fatter than those that don't. Simple logic here no offense. Btw, there's no sharks in California because I've never seen one. Lol Hold on, I'm falling off a slippery slope while pointing to another wrong. Please don't throw red herrings at me! Lol
Patrick... Well said. That's why I kept questioning what the op was thinking, after hearing from a "bunch of owners". And I'm like wait a sec, I'm an "owner".... Wait another sec, mine's a weekend and sunny day driver only too...And wait another sec, I'm not hard on my car.... And wait.... And so on. So after scratching my head a few times, I thought I'd raise a flag.

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/21/14 at 05:45 PM.
Old 3/21/14, 08:26 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fine. Sorry guys. Guess I somehow got the same bad info from 3 different places. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Anyways, I kind of went through a little fiasco when I called the dealer to tell them to cancel my appointment tomorrow. After telling them why, they said they could revert in back to stock in an hour without the tuner that was used on the car. I'm assuming with whatever software they had themselves at the dealership. This seemed strange, so I called up the local Ford dealer to hear the exact steps procedure for putting a car like that back to stock tune. The dealer rep Ryan told me it would cost around $1000 and would take way longer than that. Called Bama and they told me they couldn't even get it back to stock. The best they could do was send me a tuner with a tune preloaded that was closest to stock spec. Called the Koons guy back but only got voice mail.

So yeah... I'm a little confused.

I got this reply on 'Allfordmustangs' 2 days ago:

["Reinforcing the point about the Bama tune -- the Bama tune itself is not the problem; the problem is that if you don't get the tuner, you do not have the original factory tune.

Also, you really don't know what you have -- for example, what octane is it tuned for?

You NEED the original factory tune, as the basis for all future tunes.

If the dealer is not straight with you about the tune -- chances are they will play ignorant, or pretend there is no such thing, or outright lie about it -- then assume you have a problem. You'll have to identify all of the mods that were done to the car ; buy your own tuner with a tune for those mods ; go to a dealer with that tuner in your hands ; have the car flashed back to stock ; then before you leave the dealer's lot, download the stock tune to your new tuner, and load the tune for the mods. Sounds like a pain, but it can be done."]

If anyone wants to explain that a little more in depth, I'd be really grateful. Thanks guys
Old 3/21/14, 08:51 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by alecmets2011
Fine. Sorry guys. Guess I somehow got the same bad info from 3 different places. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Anyways, I kind of went through a little fiasco when I called the dealer to tell them to cancel my appointment tomorrow. After telling them why, they said they could revert in back to stock in an hour without the tuner that was used on the car. I'm assuming with whatever software they had themselves at the dealership. This seemed strange, so I called up the local Ford dealer to hear the exact steps procedure for putting a car like that back to stock tune. The dealer rep Ryan told me it would cost around $1000 and would take way longer than that. Called Bama and they told me they couldn't even get it back to stock. The best they could do was send me a tuner with a tune preloaded that was closest to stock spec. Called the Koons guy back but only got voice mail.

So yeah... I'm a little confused.

I got this reply on 'Allfordmustangs' 2 days ago:

["Reinforcing the point about the Bama tune -- the Bama tune itself is not the problem; the problem is that if you don't get the tuner, you do not have the original factory tune.

Also, you really don't know what you have -- for example, what octane is it tuned for?

You NEED the original factory tune, as the basis for all future tunes.

If the dealer is not straight with you about the tune -- chances are they will play ignorant, or pretend there is no such thing, or outright lie about it -- then assume you have a problem. You'll have to identify all of the mods that were done to the car ; buy your own tuner with a tune for those mods ; go to a dealer with that tuner in your hands ; have the car flashed back to stock ; then before you leave the dealer's lot, download the stock tune to your new tuner, and load the tune for the mods. Sounds like a pain, but it can be done."]

If anyone wants to explain that a little more in depth, I'd be really grateful. Thanks guys
Bro. Run from that dealership and forget that car. Look elsewhere. You will be much happier
Old 3/21/14, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Patrick... Well said. That's why I kept questioning what the op was thinking, after hearing from a "bunch of owners". And I'm like wait a sec, I'm an "owner".... Wait another sec, mine's a weekend and sunny day driver only too...And wait another sec, I'm not hard on my car.... And wait.... And so on. So after scratching my head a few times, I thought I'd raise a flag.
I re read what I wrote. Totally hope I didn't sound like a *****. It's just all of this misinformation going around!
Old 3/21/14, 10:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I re read what I wrote. Totally hope I didn't sound like a *****. It's just all of this misinformation going around!
Apology accepted, *****. Ha ha ha ha. Just kidding bro!
Old 3/21/14, 11:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Bro. Run from that dealership and forget that car. Look elsewhere. You will be much happier
Way ahead of ya
Old 3/21/14, 11:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Way ahead of ya
Why of why does the dealership want to charge me 1,000 dollars to return there car they own back too stock. The dealership purchased a tuned car with no original tuner and they want too charge me to set it back too factory settings. ????????? Lol

Name:  IMG_11324411193716.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  4.8 KB
Old 3/22/14, 01:16 AM

Apology accepted, *****. Ha ha ha ha. Just kidding bro!
yes indeed!
Old 3/22/14, 12:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

yes indeed!
Ha ha ha
Old 3/22/14, 02:38 PM
GT Member

Why of why does the dealership want to charge me 1,000 dollars to return there car they own back too stock. The dealership purchased a tuned car with no original tuner and they want too charge me to set it back too factory settings. ????????? Lol

Attachment 154955
huh the person who quoted me $1000 was from my local ford dealership, not the dealership that owns the car.
Old 4/2/14, 05:35 PM
GT Member

http://www.dancyusedcarsgreatneck.co...ang-gt-148892/

Boss style front bumper/splitter and an aftermarket shifter, but I don't see anything else. Opinions?
Old 4/2/14, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.dancyusedcarsgreatneck.co...ang-gt-148892/

Boss style front bumper/splitter and an aftermarket shifter, but I don't see anything else. Opinions?
Appears to be a premium model. Mileage isn't too high & looks like a nice car.

Make them an offer & see what happens. They're asking 21,492 I'd offer 19,500 & see if they accept. You can always increase your offer if you want.
Old 4/2/14, 06:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks decent…good things come to those who wait. I'd offer $18,800 and tell them you'll buy it on the spot at that price.
Old 4/2/14, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks decent…good things come to those who wait. I'd offer $18,800 and tell them you'll buy it on the spot at that price.
Hey you low balled my low ball price!
Old 4/2/14, 07:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by knk11stang
Hey you low balled my low ball price!
I'd definitely like to get some engine pics first. Asking for them with the last stang helped me dodge a potential bullet.
Old 4/3/14, 10:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let us know how it goes, looks like a pretty nice ride. Do they have the stock bumper?
Old 4/3/14, 02:41 PM
GT Member

Let us know how it goes, looks like a pretty nice ride. Do they have the stock bumper?
I emailed the dealer and I'm waiting for a response. If nothing arrives in my inbox by late tonight I'll see if I can call them tomorrow.
Old 4/10/14, 06:53 PM
GT Member

Hey all. Sorry for not checking in for a while. Let me get you up to date.

I called the dealer over the weekend and apparently the car had sold a few days before. Funny thing is, it's still on their website after nearly a week. So that car's out.

I have a question for any of you who have a base mustang (non-premium package) regret not getting the Premium? I've sat in both before. The base's cloth isn't too bad, and neither is the lack of mycolor, my touch, or the white faced gauges. What irks me is that base steering wheel. The Premium's wheel is miles ahead of it.

So basically, what's the base like living with it everyday?

I'm asking because of this:

http://www.budgetharrisburgsales.com...ania/12952952/

Aftermarket shifter, but bone stock besides that. What do you guys think of it?

Normally I wouldn't consider the base at all, but Kona + Brembo = my favorite color/wheel combination.
Old 4/10/14, 07:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The steering wheel would be easy enough to replace if that's all that's bothering you.

Quick Reply: Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd