Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/14, 11:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by alecmets2011

Yeah I got them but when I saw them i was like "did this guy listen to me when I told him my budget" lol. Sorry for the lack of response.

I have plans to go to one of the nearby dealers around this one and test drive their stang. There are a lot around there luckily.

I'll never know the true history, but that's buying used for ya like you said. I can make some pretty good assumptions though, like it's pretty obvious this was a daily driver.

I was recommended on 'Allfordmustangs' to start them at $19k and move on from there.

God if the stock tune is that crappy then why aren't most stangs tuned? How bad can that stock tune it be?

Your last paragraph are my biggest concerns at this point. If you can't pay the gas for it, why tune it imo? I'd run 93 octane everyday if I could, but I can't. Combo of 87 and 91 is much more realistic, which is why I would revert it back to stock. Maybe I'll keep a slight tune over stock on it, as long as it doesn't require 93 and I can still run 87 sometimes I'd be perfectly okay with that.

I don't THINK it has any track time. Owner 1 was from Buffalo so maybe, maybe not. Owner 2 was from VA and put a massive chunk of the miles on it while he had it. Not sure where he was commuting to, but it sure wasn't D.C. unless he lived REALLY far away. Looks like he was too busy doing highway miles to even have time for track. I'll obviously never know for sure, but I can hope.

And thanks. I'll be posting the engine pictures I get tomorrow. I called the dealer earlier and had them take a few for me.
Thousands of stangs are tuned bro. The factory tune does suck. One typically doesn't realize how crappy the factory tune is until they get a tune. The shift points on the automatics are the worst. My car would jerk forward when accelerating slow on the factory tune. You could hear the gears skipping. Factory tune is a joke compared too a performance tune.
Old 3/20/14, 01:35 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine bay pictures just came in. Like I expected, Airaid CAI
Attached Thumbnails Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd-20140320_123054-edited.jpg   Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd-20140320_123101-edited.jpg   Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd-20140320_123108-edited.jpg  
Old 3/20/14, 01:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Engine bay pictures just came in. Like I expected, Airaid CAI
That's awesome. One less mod too buy
Old 3/20/14, 02:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
87 octane in a 5.0? No thanks
Old 3/20/14, 02:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
That's awesome. One less mod too buy
I have an appointment for noon saturday to check it out
Old 3/20/14, 02:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I have an appointment for noon saturday to check it out
Clearly the previous owner had great taste because he has an Airraid cold air intake and it was tuned. Smart man! Lol! OP, just because a car is tuned and has a CAI doesn't mean its beaten on or bad. A stock mustang can be easily beaten on just the same. Its a pre owned car so its always a gamble on how well the car was maintained and how it was driven in the past.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 3/20/14 at 02:52 PM.
Old 3/20/14, 02:50 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bocefus
87 octane in a 5.0? No thanks
If your stang is a weekend car, that makes sense. Daily driving running 93 is absurdly expensive is most places. I'd be running 91 I'd say 80% of the time
Old 3/20/14, 05:41 PM
GT Member

The dealer just emailed me about the tuner. They don't have it. Unfortunately I'm going to have to pass on this car. Called the dealer yesterday and they said they had it, but now apparently they don't. Sounds like a scam in my opinion.

Thanks for all the help anyways guys. I'll be sure to come back when I find the next car in my price range that I like that.
Old 3/20/14, 06:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

The dealer just emailed me about the tuner. They don't have it. Unfortunately I'm going to have to pass on this car. Called the dealer yesterday and they said they had it, but now apparently they don't. Sounds like a scam in my opinion.

Thanks for all the help anyways guys. I'll be sure to come back when I find the next car in my price range that I like that.
Good luck bro
Old 3/20/14, 06:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That SUCKS!! Find another one you like!
Old 3/20/14, 06:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Good luck bro
Thanks
Old 3/20/14, 06:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by knk11stang
That SUCKS!! Find another one you like!
And the search begins again
Old 3/20/14, 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It's too bad your 1 year ahead of me in your schedule! My 2011 is low miles garage kept & would be a hell of a deal!
Old 3/20/14, 07:30 PM
GT Member

Don't worry, you'll find one! I'll keep an eye out for you.
Old 3/20/14, 09:08 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
After talking to a bunch of other owners, the lower mileage cars seem to be the ones driven harder. People drive their weekend cars a heck of a lot harder than their DDs.
Ummmm... Who's your source for this great piece of info? A "bunch of other owners"? And somehow you assume this is truth?

I've had 4 toy cars in my lifetime thus far, neither of them were dds and were sunny day and weekend only cars. I can tell you for a fact that I never abuse or beat on my cars. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I do know there are quite a few folks who I know personally, some from this forum, who take even BETTER care of their cars than me, and would not even blink if I had the opportunity to buy from them used. I would hope they feel the same for me.

But I digress...

I'm glad you're passing on that car. But a used car in that condition, esp with that interior and steering wheel, plus the previous owner not being smart enough to revert the car to stock and part the CAI and tuner out... That owner can't be that bright. I wouldn't have touched that car with a 100 ft pole.
Old 3/20/14, 09:30 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm not sure how lower millage cars are driven harder than DD higher millage cars. A used car could be in great condition or beat regardless if its high millage or low millage. When I sell my mustang its not going to be to a dealership. It will be a private sale and the mods will be left on and the tuner will be sold with it.
Old 3/21/14, 01:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Ummmm... Who's your source for this great piece of info? A "bunch of other owners"? And somehow you assume this is truth?

I've had 4 toy cars in my lifetime thus far, neither of them were dds and were sunny day and weekend only cars. I can tell you for a fact that I never abuse or beat on my cars. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I do know there are quite a few folks who I know personally, some from this forum, who take even BETTER care of their cars than me, and would not even blink if I had the opportunity to buy from them used. I would hope they feel the same for me.

But I digress...

I'm glad you're passing on that car. But a used car in that condition, esp with that interior and steering wheel, plus the previous owner not being smart enough to revert the car to stock and part the CAI and tuner out... That owner can't be that bright. I wouldn't have touched that car with a 100 ft pole.
"A bunch of other owners" is people from 'Allfordmustangs', a couple people i know with a stang, and a ford dealer rep.

By driven harder I didn't mean abused. I didn't mean they like don't ever clean the car, or something like leaving it outside all winter long in a snowy climate. I meant that weekend cars are often taken to the track more or are taken on curvy country roads more often. I'd be surprised if less than 75% of all the weekend drivers on this forum have ever taken their car to the track or done some sort of autocross event.
Old 3/21/14, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

This? http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Old 3/21/14, 02:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

"A bunch of other owners" is people from 'Allfordmustangs', a couple people i know with a stang, and a ford dealer rep.

By driven harder I didn't mean abused. I didn't mean they like don't ever clean the car, or something like leaving it outside all winter long in a snowy climate. I meant that weekend cars are often taken to the track more or are taken on curvy country roads more often. I'd be surprised if less than 75% of all the weekend drivers on this forum have ever taken their car to the track or done some sort of autocross event.
Definitely not accurate. While my Mustang is going to be my year round daily, I do have a Camaro for a summer weekend toy that has never, ever been even remotely close to driven hard. Never seen a track day, never will.
Old 3/21/14, 02:40 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
"A bunch of other owners" is people from 'Allfordmustangs', a couple people i know with a stang, and a ford dealer rep. By driven harder I didn't mean abused. I didn't mean they like don't ever clean the car, or something like leaving it outside all winter long in a snowy climate. I meant that weekend cars are often taken to the track more or are taken on curvy country roads more often. I'd be surprised if less than 75% of all the weekend drivers on this forum have ever taken their car to the track or done some sort of autocross event.
That's what I meant as well... Don't take everything you hear as gospel. Most weekend drivers (like me) don't have their cars "driven harder", and no track etc. We are actually on the complete other end of the spectrum. We completely "baby" our cars from exterior, interior, and the way it's driven. I'm sure other folks here can chime in.

Originally Posted by puma1552
Definitely not accurate. While my Mustang is going to be my year round daily, I do have a Camaro for a summer weekend toy that has never, ever been even remotely close to driven hard. Never seen a track day, never will.
Exactly... Not sure why the op believes his sources and assumes these weird ratios that somehow, he's 75% sure we "drive our cars hard"... Lol. Nothing could be further from the truth. To think that I'd subject my car to that kind if treatment

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/21/14 at 02:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Opinion on this 2011 5.0 6-spd