Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

OEM remote start

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/17, 06:24 AM
GT Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ScratchyAtchy
I just purchased a 2014 but got no remote button fob what according to the build sheet, is remote start on the car. I bought a one direction remote, and the dealer is trying to say it must be an after market remote on the car, because they are having trouble programming it to activate. It has that small antenna loosly hanging above the mirror, but I thought it was for the satalite radio . Now I don't know if it is a bi direction remote I need or what? There must be a way to find out what unit it is because it came from Ford.😀
Does the antenna look like this? This is a two-way antenna.
Old 10/11/17, 06:29 AM
GT Member

There should be a safety switch attached to the hood of the car to stop accidental starts. This is the number of the bi-directional r/s.
Old 10/11/17, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far another day that Ford says they will get back to me but don't. Thanks for the replies to all that did. I need to rephrase somethings so you may be able to help me out better. I got the car with 1 Key which has four buttons on it. ( That was all ) In hunting down remote starts right here, I found that I might have one. I further checked the window sticker (build sheet) that the dealer printed off for me and it says Powercode Remote Start. "ACCY" on the build sheet. So I checked with parts who figured it was the single button ( one way) remote that I might have. Since I was getting a second key programmed ( as I had one only ) ( If I had lost it I would have been screwed) I requested them to program and set up the remote as well. SO I have a small dash cam in the car, and it was on when they tried to set it up. They had trouble with doing the key and you heard him say that " it was a F____n aftermarket remote , he thought , but if that was the case it wouldn't be on the build sheet. Right? BUT he couldn't set it up. Now I am trying to get this figured out so I know what is going on. I am heavily mechanically inclined, so I want to make sure they don't try to F__k me around. Enclosed is a picture of the antenna I thought was for satellite radio. It seems to be like the one pictured previously by another mustang owner.
Old 10/11/17, 07:59 PM
GT Member

I don't recognize that antenna. It doesn't look OEM but I might be wrong. I hope you figure it out.
Old 10/12/17, 04:32 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Looks pretty much like mine in 'post # 5' of this Thread. Unless the PO got the antenna from a parts car and never finished the install. The Sirius radio antenna is the 'trunk wart', the black roundish plastic 'thing' in the middle of the trunk lid . If its from the factory.
I thought your VIN will have your options, and should show 'if' your Mustang came with a remote start or not.
Old 10/12/17, 11:58 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by David Young
Looks pretty much like mine in 'post # 5' of this Thread. Unless the PO got the antenna from a parts car and never finished the install. The Sirius radio antenna is the 'trunk wart', the black roundish plastic 'thing' in the middle of the trunk lid . If its from the factory.
I thought your VIN will have your options, and should show 'if' your Mustang came with a remote start or not.
Oops, my bad. I forgot that this was an older post started by me. LOL!
Old 10/12/17, 07:46 PM

Still no call from dealer. I tried to set it up ap per a video online but no go, and to program it through my key won't work as it is not a key. There is no reference to remote start under settings in the display. So>>>>> I'll probably start tracing back the wire from the antenna and see where it goes. Will let you know. Thanks for all the help.
Old 10/13/17, 02:32 PM

No the antenna looks like the one that David posted. Have located info by Google search, powercode remote start for 2014 Mustang. Going to try it this weekend. Have a good weekend friends. ��
Old 10/13/17, 05:36 PM

IT"S ALIVE...... Well for anyone dealing with this the Powercode remote start on the net tells everything you need to know. If you assume it was originally working, it's an easy program to follow. What I started with, was as follows. It says to turn key to Run (only) then press and hold brake. Holding the brake press and hold the programming button and wait 15 seconds until the horn sound 3 times. Press the remote start. ( At this point mine went through the process but didn't crank and showed the alarm lock on the dash, BUT it showed me that it was hooked up. Next down the list it talks about programming the remote ( easy) With 2 original keys ... Put the first key in and turn it to Run till the seat belt chime stops (5 seconds) Now remove that key and do the same with the second key, again waiting till the seat belt chime stops. Immediately remove the key and press and hold the remote...... START. WOW Great. Again it is online. Powercode remote start system diagnosis, or under Powercode remote start. You can add 2013 2014 or whatever or 2011 depending on what year and vehicle, providing it has that type of unit. Hope this helps someone else. Thanks again to all.