Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Not sure if this kid is serious. 2012 v6 video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/12, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand why people are so afraid of debt.

I get it, you're a millionaire and pay cash for everything. Probably old money, some of us have to earn NEW money.

I stopped drinking to afford my Mustang Fever, and haven't looked back since. Alcohol is POISON anyway! It's HORRIBLE.

Some of us have to WORK for what we want. Not all of us can pay off a 500k house with a single check. There's nothing wrong with debt. If you can pay off a house in one payment, AWESOME... but why are you driving a Mustang? Porsche 911 Turbo?!?

Keep on keeping on my friend!! I'm 24 and paying off my '12 Mustang after paying off my bachelor's degree waiting tables.

Sorry guys.. I just dislike people bringing us young folk down!
Old 4/4/12, 12:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerGT
Just a kid that is proud of his car. Nothing wrong with that. However he will look back someday and say "what was I thinking".
+1. I just hope the young man's father is around, and going to be involved with this project if it does happen. It scares me to think he may have a supercharged motor at his age. I do remember when I was a kid.
Old 4/4/12, 12:13 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
just because someone is young doesnt mean they cannot handle a car with some power. Most of a really dumb wrecks I have seen are old dudes that want to weekend warrior it up and it gets out of hand.
Old 4/4/12, 12:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flagstang
just because someone is young doesnt mean they cannot handle a car with some power. Most of a really dumb wrecks I have seen are old dudes that want to weekend warrior it up and it gets out of hand.
You mean "geezers" lol
Old 4/4/12, 12:42 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by mjs1m5
You sure you're not a member of Congress?
Old 4/4/12, 02:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wanted33

+1. I just hope the young man's father is around, and going to be involved with this project if it does happen. It scares me to think he may have a supercharged motor at his age. I do remember when I was a kid.
That supercharged motor isn't going in that car, he would have to make major modifications
Old 4/4/12, 02:35 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by McNassty
That supercharged motor isn't going in that car, he would have to make major modifications
Old 4/4/12, 02:41 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
This thread is STUPID!
Just saying.
Old 4/4/12, 02:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by mjs1m5

I get it, you're a millionaire and pay cash for everything. Probably old money, some of us have to earn NEW money.

I stopped drinking to afford my Mustang Fever, and haven't looked back since. Alcohol is POISON anyway! It's HORRIBLE.

Some of us have to WORK for what we want. Not all of us can pay off a 500k house with a single check. There's nothing wrong with debt. If you can pay off a house in one payment, AWESOME... but why are you driving a Mustang? Porsche 911 Turbo?!?

Keep on keeping on my friend!! I'm 24 and paying off my '12 Mustang after paying off my bachelor's degree waiting tables.

Sorry guys.. I just dislike people bringing us young folk down!
Because debt is bad - 99% of us go into it for cars/houses anyway, but that doesn't mean it's not bad in general. And many people on here wonder about the decision to go into debt on a brand new car at an early age, when you could be putting that money towards retirement (good luck getting social security), a house (not a great investment right now but still better than a car), a rainy day fund (which we should all have and don't), a ring for that girlfriend you may or may not have, etc. That's the kind of stuff I think about and I'm glad I waited a bit longer to get my car (I'm 29 now). I'm not judging you or anyone else but guys in their early 20's tend to forget about things like the ones I listed above, I know I did back then.
Old 4/4/12, 02:56 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
You mean "geezers" lol
And some of us are old geezers.

Twin Turbo. Aged 41 and a bit
Old 4/4/12, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

just finished reading all these posts about kids affording their mustangs...this thread got a little out of control. To play devil's advocate, people stereotype all the time and it isn't inherently a bad thing to do in all scenarios. If I saw a 19 year old kid roll up in a brand new GT, I would assume he had help from his parents, and it would be a reasonable assumption since 98% of 19 yo's can't live on their own and afford an upwards of 38k gt/cs car. Key word being 98%, I'm sure it has been done before.

That all being said, I'm 21 and I just ordered a '13 v6, 29k after taxes, I live 100% on my own, my parents live 3000 miles away and don't pay for a single thing.

To make my point, my car might be less expensive than a new gt/cs, but I am still in a similar situation, and even though I can do it I still would work under the assumption that someone who was 19 had help buying their GT unless I found out otherwise.
Old 4/4/12, 03:11 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

that sounds silly that 98% cannot. Most of my friends did what I did.
Old 4/4/12, 03:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
??
Stay on topic. This thread is about the content of the video. Not your financial situation, when you got your car, or what you think differnt people of differnt ages do with theirs. It is also not about who bought you your car or how they bought it. Its about the video.

If you dont want to talk about the video or the car in it then dont post in this thread. Start a new thread "how did you get your car, did your folks buy it for you, do you make the payments, are you responsible" etc etc...

Last edited by xtc.inc; 4/4/12 at 03:30 PM.
Old 4/4/12, 03:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo

And some of us are old geezers.

Twin Turbo. Aged 41 and a bit
Lol 42 here
Old 4/4/12, 05:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011GT/CS
That's how old people think.
You're complaining about stereotypes and you throw this out?
Old 4/4/12, 05:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Most of a really dumb wrecks I have seen are old dudes that want to weekend warrior it up and it gets out of hand.
You're either being selective, not paying attention or are outright lying your *** off. There's a reason "old dudes" pay half what 20-year olds do in insurance.
Old 4/4/12, 05:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Because debt is bad - 99% of us go into it for cars/houses anyway, but that doesn't mean it's not bad in general. And many people on here wonder about the decision to go into debt on a brand new car at an early age, when you could be putting that money towards retirement (good luck getting social security), a house (not a great investment right now but still better than a car), a rainy day fund (which we should all have and don't), a ring for that girlfriend you may or may not have, etc. That's the kind of stuff I think about and I'm glad I waited a bit longer to get my car (I'm 29 now). I'm not judging you or anyone else but guys in their early 20's tend to forget about things like the ones I listed above, I know I did back then.
Come on, now. You know people getting out of high school these days have no concept of saving for retirement. And those of you who are under 25 on here and have brand new Mustangs, yes, I'm talking about you. Debt is financial slavery. Period. Those foolish enough to actually *talk down* to people who can write a check for a brand new car are utterly ignorant of financial sense. And who is to say the people who can pay for a car with what's in their bank account didn't work their *** off for what they have? Lots of stereotypes and hate being thrown around by a bunch of ignorant young people on this thread.

I'm guessing the concept of "respecting your elders" went out in the 90's...
Old 4/4/12, 05:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger

You're either being selective, not paying attention or are outright lying your *** off. There's a reason "old dudes" pay half what 20-year olds do in insurance.
Or some dumb 'kid' caused the 'old dude' to wreck. Lol, this threads hilarious
Old 4/4/12, 06:08 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Wow.... 10 pages of this thread on my smartphone.... And this thread was about..... A video????
Old 4/4/12, 06:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Wow.... 10 pages of this thread on my smartphone.... And this thread was about..... A video????
lol, it stopped being about the video right about around the first post!

Quick Reply: Not sure if this kid is serious. 2012 v6 video inside.