Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Not sure if this kid is serious. 2012 v6 video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/12, 08:00 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011GT/CS
Ha, didn't know I was going to be interrogated.

Yes, I live at home. I work 20 hours a week, and am saving for college/car payment. I also am a full time student at a community college, and plan on transferring to a 4 year university next year. I can go a full semester at a CC for the price of one class at Baylor University, one of the colleges I was accepted too. Guess I'm kinda cheap that way.

Yes, I pay insurance, I am on an A honor roll, and get a discount on the insurance as well.

Anymore questions? Hahaha
Hm, I don't think you're cheap. You're actually kind of smart on the college front. You're paying far less for the standard credits than some of your peers are, though you might be missing out on some of the more specialized classes. As long as you actually follow through with your plans you should be in good shape.

If your parents are OK with you living with them then I don't see what the problem is there either. I lived with my parents until I graduated college.

Edit:

Also, I think the kid in the original video should have just gotten a base GT.

Last edited by Steven; 4/3/12 at 08:01 PM.
Old 4/3/12, 08:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Steven

Hm, I don't think you're cheap. You're actually kind of smart on the college front. You're paying far less for the standard credits than some of your peers are, though you might be missing out on some of the more specialized classes. As long as you actually follow through with your plans you should be in good shape.

If your parents are OK with you living with them then I don't see what the problem is there either. I lived with my parents until I graduated college.
Yeah, I have a great relationship with my parents, and I cannot justify the $600 (at least) a month for rent. I can still see my friends and visit them, and they all tell me how much they hate living in the nasty dorms. Haha
Old 4/3/12, 08:02 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not telling you how much I owe on my car, that's a tad much.

Quid pro quo.

You tell me your drivers license number and SS number and I'll answer those.
Do you think all those numbers have all the same security risks? You're 19. I hope not.
Old 4/3/12, 08:03 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Sure, how much is the car note? How much is your insurance? How much do you net from your part time job?
:jerk:
Old 4/3/12, 08:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boss 1409

:jerk:
I was on my own at 18 Erich and I didn't have a brand new mustang. So I find it offensive to be called an old geezer, when everyone knows a 19 year old cant afford a new mustang all by himself. Give some credit to your parents, you know, those old geezers.
Old 4/3/12, 09:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Ok so how did this turn into a conversation about 2011 gt/cs insurance, loans and university...
Old 4/3/12, 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I was on my own at 18 Erich and I didn't have a brand new mustang. So I find it offensive to be called an old geezer, when everyone knows a 19 year old cant afford a new mustang all by himself. Give some credit to your parents, you know, those old geezers.
You are awful. "everyone knows a 19 year old cant afford a new mustang all by himself"

Stereotypes like that make you sound old. Just like if you said negative things about women, or said racist things. That's how old people think.

I would like you to meet one, a 19 year old that pays for his car all by himself. So next time your in town I'll buy you a coke. (would say beer, but ya know).

When did I say anything bad about my parents? They are wonderful, we have a great and healthy relationship. Not something you can say about most 19 year olds since we are on stereotypes right?
Time for me to go out and knock over mail boxes, tip cows over, draw graffiti on train cars and be juvenile. That's what all 19 year olds do right? You seem to know all about us. Haha.
Old 4/3/12, 09:33 PM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just giving you crap Joe
I bought a new Mustang when I was 19 and was on my own, well married, but not living at home. Kept that car for 10 years too, it was very good to me.
Old 4/3/12, 09:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
I bought a new Mustang when I was 19 and was on my own
Impossible!!!!!

(what kind? Do you still have it?)
Old 4/3/12, 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I bought mine when I was 19 bought with no help, only one on the note pay for insurance and no, I do not live at home.
Old 4/3/12, 10:07 PM
Banned

Not buying it. Let's hear it. Net salary at 19? House and utility credit and food bills? Car note? Insurance bill? Weekly fuel amount? I'd like to know what job you guys had at 19? I will bow down after proof. I'm really interested in the insurance quote for a 19 year old

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 4/3/12 at 10:09 PM.
Old 4/3/12, 10:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Not buying it. Let's hear it. Net salary at 19? House and utility credit and food bills? Car note? Insurance bill? Weekly fuel amount? I'd like to know what job you guys had at 19? I will bow down after proof

Oh! I forgot, another juvenile thing I like to do is pretend I pay for my car all by myself. I go into all the trouble of joining The Mustang Source, making lots of posts.. And then I PM 2 other guys to back me up on this. Sooo much fun. Really gets the "more mature" crowd going.

I don't think so buddy. Are you the kinda guy that gets invited to a party, and then ask the host "Nice house! How much did you pay for it? Did you pay for it all by yourself? How much do you make a year? Is insurance expencive on this house?"

Its a big hunk of
Old 4/3/12, 10:17 PM
Banned

Oh! I forgot, another juvenile thing I like to do is pretend I pay for my car all by myself. I go into all the trouble of joining The Mustang Source, making lots of posts.. And then I PM 2 other guys to back me up on this. Sooo much fun. Really gets the "more mature" crowd going.

I don't think so buddy. Are you the kinda guy that gets invited to a party, and then ask the host "Nice house! How much did you pay for it? Did you pay for it all by yourself? How much do you make a year? Is insurance expencive on this house?"

Its a big hunk of
Shut me up. Let's hear it big boy?
Old 4/3/12, 10:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Its a big hunk of
Yes I would if the house owner was saying a lot of unbelievable things that didn't make sense. I may be rude in doing that but they would be rude by saying a bunch of stuff that common sense tells you that it's not right
Old 4/3/12, 10:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You sound like a very mature 19 year old Ryan. I can only offer you 1 piece of advice, stop taking the bait.
Old 4/3/12, 10:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Why should I waste my time going and looking up all that information. If he cannot belive me man to man, what would me throwing a bunch of numbers up on the screen do for him? Nothing. I am going to say how much I make and he will shut it down, how much I pay for insurance and he will call me a liar. So why? Joe, if you do not belive me, that is fine. I know the truth, and you cannot be convinced. I am ok with that.

BUT: I am asking you, what reason do I have, why would I post all this and involve myself in this arguement if I was full of it? You think it gets me hot going on a mustang fourm and saying I am a big boy and I can do it all by myself, yet I live with my folks?? I know I am 19, and I have A LOT to learn. But apparently so do you, Joe. You make yourself sound very childish and ignorant quite honestly with statements like "No 19 year old can afford that." Don't you think, just maybe, somewhere in the United States of America that maybe a few 19 year olds could possibly afford a 2011 Mustang? I mean, there is 313,000,000 of us. I am good at haggling. I like it, its fun. I buy cars, fix them up and re-sell them. Ive made several thousand dollars doing it. Is that impossible?

Have a good night y'all.
Old 4/3/12, 10:44 PM
Banned

Maybe saying that no 19 year old could afford a new mustang wrong, but I would have to hear facts on how this was accomplished.
Old 4/3/12, 11:06 PM
GT Member

I was 17 when I bought my 2012 v6 mustang and I live at home and still in high school and pay car payment and insurance as well and all the other stuff for the car.
Old 4/3/12, 11:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Maybe saying that no 19 year old could afford a new mustang wrong, but I would have to hear facts on how this was accomplished.
Same here, I never had help at 19 and had reasonable insurance but I had a great job(union carpenter) and all I could afford was a three year old used GT. I had a nice down payment I think it was like 6grand but the thing is a 19y/o just doesn't have the credit rating to get approved for a new Mustang. I had excellent credit and Ford Credit still wouldn't give the okay and that was with a full time union job
Old 4/3/12, 11:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Not saying it couldn't be done but it's all B/C unless it can be proven. And I really don't see why how much you make at a 20hr. A week job would be anywhere near as personal as someones S/C and DLN

Quick Reply: Not sure if this kid is serious. 2012 v6 video inside.