Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Not sure if this kid is serious. 2012 v6 video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/12, 11:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scratch that, SSN not S/C
Old 4/4/12, 12:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Not buying it. Let's hear it. Net salary at 19? House and utility credit and food bills? Car note? Insurance bill? Weekly fuel amount? I'd like to know what job you guys had at 19? I will bow down after proof. I'm really interested in the insurance quote for a 19 year old
I split where I'm living with my friend I net more than 2000 but less than 3000 a month. My car insurance is $250 a month I only drive my car on the weekend but I drive it alot when I do so maybe ~$50 a week. I'm 20 now but I'm a sous chef at a restaurant and I work my *** off with long hard hours. As I'm sure you do and the rest of the crew here. If that doesn't satisfy you then you're just trolling.
Old 4/4/12, 01:04 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm 30 now but when I was 19 I was coaching tennis making 35-70 an hour and by the age of 20 I bought a new 350z. Cut him some slack. Of course I owe my tennis skills to the thousands on thousands my parents spent on honing my skills, so I can't say I did it by myself
Old 4/4/12, 01:48 AM
V6 Member

Not buying it. Let's hear it. Net salary at 19? House and utility credit and food bills? Car note? Insurance bill? Weekly fuel amount? I'd like to know what job you guys had at 19? I will bow down after proof. I'm really interested in the insurance quote for a 19 year old
I dont know, he might have help but most likely he is probably doing most, if not all on his own. Its just great to see someone who is working hard to get what he wants instead of lounging around and doing nothing. When i was 19(which was only a few years ago) i wish i had a nice car like he has, or really any car for that matter. I had 60 hours of class a week, with another 36 hours a week for a job that paid 10 dollars an hour. Yes i know that sounds like a lot, which it was, but paid off in the end. So to the most part at that age no expenses except for school and food, and luckily parents helped out with the phone bill.
Old 4/4/12, 02:13 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I bought a used mustang(1 year old ) when I was 18 by myself and paid my parents rent. I do not see why people are jumping down this nice young mans throat. He choose to stay at home and save money to put towards a nice car. Only kids that do not like mom and pop are on the fast track to leave home. Bugging this kid because you have family issues past or present is poor taste at best.

The young people are not up the old peoples butt about buying a nice mustang instead of paying for a college fund or something.

my car at my high school. 2 years after I finished and moved away. I drove 1600 miles to take that picture. I am 28 now and am 8 mustangs in and its all due to my work and my money. The 2gs I put down on my mustang came out of my pocket from a crappy job a target making 7 bucks lifting big boxes.

Last edited by Flagstang; 4/4/12 at 02:16 AM.
Old 4/4/12, 02:22 AM

Obviously he's had help. Help like cosigning a loan or living with his parents at 19, and that's if he got a loan. That's no big deal though. He is paying his car and his insurance and his parents are ok with that. I for one am 21, don't own a 2011 5.0 (just a 2006 v6 salvage title I rebuilt) and live in my own apartment with a roommate. If I got someone to cosign my loan, I could easily afford a 5.0. I get paid $14 an hour, my half of the rent is $500 utilities included and I live two blocks away from where I work. Working 40 hours a week I make roughly around $500 after taxes. That's $2000 by the end of the month not including any overtime I get. Time and a half would put me at $21 an hour after 40 hrs. and I could easily work 45 hours making a total of 20 hours overtime for the month. My boss absolutely doesn't mind paying me overtime. let's say it's $370 after taxes. $1870 once you take out rent and utilities. Now let's take out $1000 for the car payment and insurance (which is exaggerating my current insurance rate.). That leaves me with $870. Now let's take out gas. I would be filling up about 3 times a month since I wouldn't commute that far and drive a lot. Right now my 16 gallon v6 costs $60 to fill up. leaving me with a grand total of $690 for food, phone and entertainment. To answer preemptively, I work at discount tire and started 3 years ago at 9.50 an hour. 3 years later and almost $5 in raises I'm at $14 (due to my hard work). My mother does not help me financially whatsoever. Not because she doesn't want to, but she can't. The only reason I don't go for the 5.0 is because I'm also studying to be an engineer. My insurance is currently $75 liability with a good grade discount, and a good driver's discount on my mother's insurance. I average around 38 hours a week, so even now I could afford the 5.0, but it would be a stretch. Whoever is trying to take this guy down because he is young with a mustang is just bitter. My mother would love for me to move back in with her, and she wouldn't charge rent. Sure this guy could be paying rent to help his family, but he's 19. No family should charge rent for their teenage son to live with them (now if he's 25, that's a different story). In fact, if he's going to school, it's probably best for him to live at home. I don't because I live in a different city. Instead of criticizing the guy, you should be praising him for actually working to pay his car, thus showing him the value of money. Yeah he might not have rent or have to worry about food, but at least he works for it. I knew a ton of kids in high school that had parents that just bought them cars and never made them work. Again those of you who don't believe he's doing it by himself are just bitter. Yes he's had help, but haven't all of us? and if you're so wise and know better, why are you picking on some 19 year old? You should know he probably has a little help and value that he's working for his car. He could just not work and live at home for free. Also, when I have money and have my family and my kid wants a new car instead of an older safer car, I'd probably do the same thing. They can live at home if they want at a young age, but they have to work to pay for their car. I mean if I had money, you better believe I would give my kids more oppurtunity. The minute they need help with it is the minute it's mine. Again just be happy he's actually paying his car payments and not mommy and daddy.
Old 4/4/12, 02:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flagstang
I bought a used mustang(1 year old ) when I was 18 by myself and paid my parents rent. I do not see why people are jumping down this nice young mans throat. He choose to stay at home and save money to put towards a nice car. Only kids that do not like mom and pop are on the fast track to leave home. Bugging this kid because you have family issues past or present is poor taste at best.

The young people are not up the old peoples butt about buying a nice mustang instead of paying for a college fund or something.

my car at my high school. 2 years after I finished and moved away. I drove 1600 miles to take that picture. I am 28 now and am 8 mustangs in and its all due to my work and my money. The 2gs I put down on my mustang came out of my pocket from a crappy job a target making 7 bucks lifting big boxes.
You missed the point, again.
Old 4/4/12, 02:33 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I started paying my parents rent when I was 16 year old. I did not need a co signer on my loan since I had built credit from my cell phone and those build credit credit cards I got when I was 16 from wamu. I worked for the family business and work 30 hours a week on a animal rescue ranch that was owned by a famous author(very rich lady).

Its stupid and silly to not understang that on this planet in this day and age kids do not just move out when they turn 18. Most of the time when kids do move out its because of family issues or just a strogne need to be away from mom and dad. infact it different from culture to culture. In europe grand parents live in the same house at the grand kids and even the great grand kids. Same with the native american culture.
Old 4/4/12, 02:33 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

You missed the point, again.
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Old 4/4/12, 02:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flagstang

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
I don't mind if he stays home until retirement age. I'm just saying that I don't believe a 19 year old who's completely on his own and paying for everything he has, can afford a new mustang. He said that he is doing just that and all I asked for was the proof. If he said he is able to pay for it because he's living at home, I have no problem with that, but once again, he said he's paying for everything with no help from his parents or anyone.
Old 4/4/12, 02:54 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't mind if he stays home until retirement age. I'm just saying that I don't believe a 19 year old who's completely on his own and paying for everything he has, can afford a new mustang. He said that he is doing just that and all I asked for was the proof. If he said he is able to pay for it because he's living at home, I have no problem with that, but once again, he said he's paying for everything with no help from his parents or anyone.
Did you not read my post? It is possible.
Old 4/4/12, 02:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Blackbird.

Did you not read my post? It is possible.
You didn't give me a good breakdown? What is your monthly net? Housing? Car note? Utilities, food, fuel, insurance?
Old 4/4/12, 03:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Read it again, only thing I left out was the note on the car which is 433 a month. If I don't give you info on what I pay for the house I live in and not an exact number of what I make a month that's too bad. The fact is I pay everything. If you don't believe it than oh well. Just attempting to illustrate to you its possible.
Old 4/4/12, 03:08 AM
Banned

Read it again, only thing I left out was the note on the car which is 433 a month. If I don't give you info on what I pay for the house I live in and not an exact number of what I make a month that's too bad. The fact is I pay everything. If you don't believe it than oh well. Just attempting to illustrate to you its possible.
Whatever.
Old 4/4/12, 03:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I bought my 5.0 when I was 21. I make $23k a year. Ins is $200 a month. I woulda got it earlier but waited for the 12s. I syill live with my parents and am going to college. I work 40 hrs a week.
Old 4/4/12, 03:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SynisterGT
I bought my 5.0 when I was 21. I make $23k a year. Ins is $200 a month. I woulda got it earlier but waited for the 12s. I syill live with my parents and am going to college. I work 40 hrs a week.
...and I have no problem with that.
Old 4/4/12, 03:24 AM
Bullitt Member

...and I have no problem with that.
You don't make any sense. Lol
Old 4/4/12, 03:26 AM
Banned

You don't make any sense. Lol
You're confused, I never had a problem with someone who buys a mustang and admits they're getting help.
Old 4/4/12, 03:28 AM
Bullitt Member

You're confused, I never had a problem with someone who buys a mustang and admits they're getting help.
And you assume i'm getting help buying my car, correct?
Old 4/4/12, 03:36 AM
Banned

And you assume i'm getting help buying my car, correct?
I'm assuming because you said you split housing with a friend or something but you weren't very clear and apparently you don't eat or have utility bills cell phone etc etc etc

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 4/4/12 at 03:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Not sure if this kid is serious. 2012 v6 video inside.