Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Not sure if this kid is serious. 2012 v6 video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/12, 03:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I'm assuming because you said you split housing with a friend or something and apparently you don't eat or have utility bills cell phone etc etc etc
How does splitting payment on a house help? The guy lives here too, i'd expect him to pay as well whether I owned a mustang or a honda civic. Utilities are a part of that payment. I work in a restaurant mind you so I eat there a lot. But I routinely rack out around $700-1000 on my credit card which I use primarily to purchase basically anything, including food. I pay my own cell phone bill. The internet here is again split with the guy I live with. I pay it off every month. Part of the reason why I have good credit. It's funny for me to think of my parents helping me with my car in any way. The day I bought it they absolutely hated the idea.

But it's starting to seem your idea of help with buying a car is different from mine so...

Last edited by Blackbird.; 4/4/12 at 04:01 AM.
Old 4/4/12, 04:04 AM
V6 Member

Kind of being a **** there 11Shelby... I honestly do not know why you are taking it so personal that the guy can own his own car and pay rent all on his own. I am 27, bought my first house at 24, no college degree (although I will be changing that in the near future.) I own a 64.5 that I work on, a 2006 (that I am selling) and ordered my 13. I intend on buying a second house here in the next year as well... is this supposedly out of my ability because you have some idea as to what someone is capable of doing based on their age?
Old 4/4/12, 04:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I understand what he is saying and I find it funny that these people are saying they are doing it on their own at 19 but then come back and say they live with their parents.
Old 4/4/12, 04:10 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I sure wish you guys had better comprehension. If you don't understand by now, never mind.
Old 4/4/12, 04:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I sure wish you guys had better comprehension. If you don't understand by now, never mind.
Whatever you say.
Old 4/4/12, 05:03 AM
V6 Member

I'm 20 yrs old bought my first mustang 8 months ago all on my own and I've already spend 4 grand in parts. Had no help from my parents. I still live at home, but should be moving out with my girlfriend with in the next few months. I pay all my other bills on my own. Also go to school part time and work 40 hours a week. I made 43k last year. And I'm a server at pf changs

Trust me I know lots of people my age that work there *** off to have nice cars

Last edited by urio2122; 4/4/12 at 05:19 AM.
Old 4/4/12, 05:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by urio2122
Trust me I know lots of people my age that work there *** off to have nice cars
I'm glad someone does.
Old 4/4/12, 06:02 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow, this thread turned ugly and it doesn't show TMS in a good light

I remember when Ryan first posted about his 2011GT/CS and he got a grilling back then about how such a young man could afford it. But he gave more background info than was strictly necessary (who the hell are we to ask how he's paying for it!?!). At face value, he seems a very level headed, sensible young man.

To be honest, I don't care how someone obtains their Mustang (gift from parents/huge loan - just so long as it's not stolen LOL) the fact is Ryan is one of us, he's proud of his Mustang and he deserves rather more respect than he's currently being shown.

Time for a not a
Old 4/4/12, 06:19 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Wow, this thread turned ugly and it doesn't show TMS in a good light

I remember when Ryan first posted about his 2011GT/CS and he got a grilling back then about how such a young man could afford it. But he gave more background info than was strictly necessary (who the hell are we to ask how he's paying for it!?!). At face value, he seems a very level headed, sensible young man.

To be honest, I don't care how someone obtains their Mustang (gift from parents/huge loan - just so long as it's not stolen LOL) the fact is Ryan is one of us, he's proud of his Mustang and he deserves rather more respect than he's currently being shown.

Time for a not a
I'm a newbie here, but great post.

I'm 42 and have a 20 yr old that I wish had the initiative and work ethic of Ryan. My kid doesn't really cost me any money (just $40 a month for cell) and he doesn't really live with me but he's still just floating thru life right now. I'm pushing him but like so many "kids" these days he's kind of lost.

To 2011GT/CS and Blackbird and the other "kids" out here doing it right... good job.
Old 4/4/12, 06:27 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Don't get me wrong, Joe's a good guy too (see, he owns a Mustang.....sorry, Shelby, so he's good in my book ) ........I just think it got a little outta hand.

Old 4/4/12, 06:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Don't get me wrong, Joe's a good guy too (see, he owns a Mustang.....sorry, Shelby, so he's good in my book ) ........I just think it got a little outta hand.

No doubt. I think it just good to see that that whole generation isn't a bunch of unmotivated slackers.
Old 4/4/12, 06:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Can we stay on topic guys?

This is not a thread about who makes how much per year and how they were able to afford their mustang. Its about some dumb, poser kid, ruining a perfectly good car and thinking hes done a good job with it.

"i straight piped her"

makes me want to straight pipe his noggin

removing the muffles doesnt count as straight pipe

car just lost 20hp due to decrease in back pressure and now sounds like a weed whacker... best of all he has the 5.0 badge on it

put an 03 cobra motor in there? it wont fit, or mate to the mt82 transmission... kid is just too dumb... i dont even know where to begin
Old 4/4/12, 07:01 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
"i straight piped her"

makes me want to straight pipe his noggin ...
or maybe

not sure which is a better representation. Either way, I love (and agree with) the comment.
Old 4/4/12, 08:19 AM
Cobra Member

My parents bought my mustang for me. Does that make me a bad person?
Old 4/4/12, 08:24 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
My parents bought my mustang for me. Does that make me a bad person?
Maybe if you weren't appreciative for it and didn't thank them for it. :joke:
Old 4/4/12, 09:00 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I understand what joe is tryign to say. I am proof that one can be 19 and live one your own and have a mustang. I bought my brand new(first new, fifth car) mustang when I was 20. It was my 2006 GT vert premium loaded with all extra for a out the door bill of around 45k. I lived in flagstaff AZ which is costly to live to say the least. I had no help at all. My rent was 400 for my half of the apartment and my car payment was 691 and my allstate was 170 a month.

It can be done. Not everyone can.
Old 4/4/12, 09:16 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
I understand what joe is tryign to say. I am proof that one can be 19 and live one your own and have a mustang. I bought my brand new(first new, fifth car) mustang when I was 20. It was my 2006 GT vert premium loaded with all extra for a out the door bill of around 45k. I lived in flagstaff AZ which is costly to live to say the least. I had no help at all. My rent was 400 for my half of the apartment and my car payment was 691 and my allstate was 170 a month.

Ok.......
Old 4/4/12, 09:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang

Have to chime in on this as well it could be done but it all depends on the job. I started my wonderful job at 18 (only my second job) at 19 I purchased a brand new 08 GT that I was paying about 650 on a month and about 350 a month for insurance etc etc all paid on my own and still helping with rent to my parents. Now I am 22 paying a little over 700 for a fully loaded 5.0 and about to get a 300-350k morg all on my own. I am very blessed to be in the position I am in and the job I have with only a high school degree to make the money I make.

Ill admit it's nearly impossible to do it on your own in the credit stand point so i did have consigners for my purchases because there's no way to get approve on your own. Now a days with today's credit standings banks won't lend unless you have an established history with good credit there is just not enough credit history for 18-22 year olds but I pay for everything on my own.

I give you probs Ryan because it could be done I'm living proof. There are many disbelievers out there even my co workers still to the day tell me cant believe u are 22.
Old 4/4/12, 09:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks guys, some really nice stuff being said. I appreciate it all. Just like that's what I said, someone posted up all of the numbers they have, rent and car payment and he shot it down. Not worth it guys, you just can't convince some people. Thats ok.

(Sorry OP for turning this into a 5 page battle!)

-Ryan
Old 4/4/12, 10:46 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Ok.......
??

Quick Reply: Not sure if this kid is serious. 2012 v6 video inside.