2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Nobody Wants to Sell Me a Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 5/18/11, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
U can get a dodge truck for 10k off because it's a dog turd. Also as stated above, there is less markup on the fords than bmws n stuff.
Old 5/18/11, 10:38 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by druice
+1. I ordered my '11 GT through his dealership last year. Brian wasn't my sales guy, but he's always in the communication loop and he tracked my car through the build process, and kept me informed. What I find most awesome is that they have people on staff that are just as passionate about Mustangs as we are, and it shows.

It just takes time to find the right dealer that has the right staff. When I was shopping to order my '11, I had to walk out of the local dealerships near where I live because they wouldn't take me seriously, or were completely clueless. One didn't have the order guide yet despite it having been here on the forums for weeks. Had I known about the dealership Brian works at before hand, I would have gone straight to him.
Andrew, thanks for the kind words. It was my pleasure to assist with your order last year and really cool to see the new mods you had our shop do recently. You've inspired me to want the GT500 mufflers for my 5.0L - yours sounded just right!
Old 5/18/11, 11:34 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the helpful replies. Maybe I'll put in some face time at a few dealers this weekend and see what happens. I suppose a few hundred dollars isn't a big deal in the great scheme of things, but I don't like to feel like I'm getting ripped off.

It's also nice to see some love for the Dodge Challenger on here, if not the Ram trucks. I've actually owned more GM products than anything, but the only one I'd consider now is the Corvette and the CTS.
Old 5/19/11, 03:20 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Andrew, thanks for the kind words. It was my pleasure to assist with your order last year and really cool to see the new mods you had our shop do recently. You've inspired me to want the GT500 mufflers for my 5.0L - yours sounded just right!
It was a fun day for me, Brian. Was able to work remotely from the dealership while the car was worked on (nice to get away from the office for once), and the guys there did a great job. And it was a nice way for me to spend my tax return! Hope you get the GT500s for yours; I smile like a kid on xmas morning every time I turn the key with mine. Can't wait to see what else you line up for yours in the future seeing how beastly your '07 was.
Originally Posted by justindo
Thanks for the helpful replies. Maybe I'll put in some face time at a few dealers this weekend and see what happens. I suppose a few hundred dollars isn't a big deal in the great scheme of things, but I don't like to feel like I'm getting ripped off.

It's also nice to see some love for the Dodge Challenger on here, if not the Ram trucks. I've actually owned more GM products than anything, but the only one I'd consider now is the Corvette and the CTS.
Good luck this weekend and I hope you find what you're looking for. That's going to be some garage you'll have with both a Challenger and a 5'oh.
Old 5/19/11, 03:46 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LEwis26
Below invoice, good luck.

Try xplan if anything.
USAA's auto buying service is getting us ours for $200 below invoice.
Old 5/19/11, 04:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
USAA's auto buying service is getting us ours for $200 below invoice.
If you had given that price to ENCS they would have beaten that price too. Then again I didn't bother with doing that either.
Old 6/30/11, 07:38 PM
GT Member

As an update, I finally found a reliable, no B.S. dealer who was willing to order a car at a price I am comfortable with, so I placed my order with them yesterday. Here's what I ended up with:

2012 GT Premium Coupe
Performance White
400A Charcoal Black
Automatic
HID Security Package
19" Painted Luster Nickel Wheels

I locked in my Customer Coupon and I'm hoping the rebate situation is better in August when I should get the car.
Old 6/30/11, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats!!! Now the wait begins..........
Old 6/30/11, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats on your new Mustang. Now comes the hard part: the wait. My dealer sent me weekly updates consisting of a pdf from their status report at first, then from the Vehicle Visibility website once my car was scheduled. It made my wait a lot more enjoyable, and I have good documentation of my car from before it was ever built. Watch any car auction. The cars that sell high are the ones that have the paper to back them up.

My 2011 took a little less that two months from order to arrival. Expect the same, maybe more.
Old 6/30/11, 08:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You're talking about unemployment and the hard economy but you're not willing to let the dealer make any money on the sale? No wonder nobody wants to sell you a car.

Try "settling" for $250-500 over invoice and you should be driving home in a '12 GT quick. Or find someone that'll sponsor you for an X-Plan PIN.