2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

New Interior Spy Shot

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/08, 12:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grrr428
I did a chop of the dash....relocated some of the lower controls, put the NAv higher, thinned the console, put a roll-top over the cup holders etc.

Looks like the new Camaro interior
Old 2/5/08, 12:56 PM
GT Member

I think im going to cry Im scared of whats to come. Just last year I grew to like and accept the new body style...was too retro for me and such a huge change. I traded my 04 GT in for a 07 GT and I love it!
The current mustangs im happy with just the way they are. Yeah they could use some updating but nothing so big it changes everything about the design now. I dont know its too soon for me im not ready for such a big change. But its about that time again

Please dont take my round vents away! lol
Old 2/5/08, 02:14 PM
GT Member

I just hope the key fob gets an update.
I am tired of caring around this fob from 1997....
Old 2/5/08, 06:50 PM
GT Member

so true...all new mustang and its still the same!
Old 2/5/08, 06:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Topnotch
I do like the currect round vents but I have no objection to them being rectangular like the classic Mustangs, especially since it frees up room for a better center stack arrangement. My biggest beef of the current model is the complete lack of detail and interest on the center stack and console. The use of black featureless rubbermaid is too stark. I certainly hope they have designed a nicer automatic shifter and shift bezel detail that doesn't look like it is an old video game joystick spray painted silver.

The classic Mustang looks nice with it's flowing stack from radio to console and the use of aluminum with some black trim.

My only worry is that they will change what I like about the current Mustang but I will wait it out and see..
Old 2/5/08, 07:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Couper93
I just hope the key fob gets an update.
I am tired of caring around this fob from 1997....
The key fob is the same one that was used for my 1994 Mustang. The key itself should be more special than just a standard issue blue oval black rubber head. They could detail it with a nice chrome tri-bar pony or something to reward it's buyers with special details. At this point in time, the fob and key should already be combined like many cars have.
Old 2/6/08, 11:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang05
Looks like the new Camaro interior
What are you seeing????
Attached Thumbnails New Interior Spy Shot-cammu.jpg  
Old 2/7/08, 12:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by grrr428
What are you seeing????

AH I stang corrected ha. For some reason I thought it looked like it?? I do like the new photoshop though.
Old 2/21/08, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Has anybody given thought that Ford might be adding pieces to the Mule, testing them then taking them off? They might be slapping any old parts laying around on it. Something that didn't make the final cut but fit perfectly maybe just to throw off the competiton or prying eyes. If I wanted to be sneeky I would. I am not in love with everything I have seen on the camo cars either but I also don't believe everything I see on a Test Mule either.
Old 2/21/08, 09:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Indystang
Has anybody given thought that Ford might be adding pieces to the Mule, testing them then taking them off? They might be slapping any old parts laying around on it. Something that didn't make the final cut but fit perfectly maybe just to throw off the competiton or prying eyes. If I wanted to be sneeky I would. I am not in love with everything I have seen on the camo cars either but I also don't believe everything I see on a Test Mule either.
...No
Old 3/17/08, 08:30 AM
Bullitt Member

They need to do a 69-70 or a 71-73 style dash. The center gauges are way too small. They need to spread the dash out more.
Old 3/17/08, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RomaTX
I like the angle to the spokes. I just hope they offer radio controls on the spokes. Thats something i would really like to see on the new interior. also, the dash should be redone.
I think the last thing we need is more crap on the steering wheel. The radio controls are fine where they've always been. If anything they need to drop the airbags so we can add better steering wheels since the interiors offered are basically only 2 colors; funky brown and some kind of dark charcoal. Brown tones simply dont belong in all the places and with all the colors Ford has used it for in the past several years. We need our nice interior colors back along with sport cloth seats.
Old 3/17/08, 08:16 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by TXBLUOVAL
I think the last thing we need is more crap on the steering wheel. The radio controls are fine where they've always been. If anything they need to drop the airbags so we can add better steering wheels since the interiors offered are basically only 2 colors; funky brown and some kind of dark charcoal. Brown tones simply dont belong in all the places and with all the colors Ford has used it for in the past several years. We need our nice interior colors back along with sport cloth seats.
Ok, they sure as hell ain't gonna drop airbags. And well-designed steering wheel controls for things like the Radio and CC are safety features as well as "gimmicks." If you don't want any of the above, buy a vintage car.
Old 3/17/08, 08:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Moosetang
Ok, they sure as hell ain't gonna drop airbags. And well-designed steering wheel controls for things like the Radio and CC are safety features as well as "gimmicks." If you don't want any of the above, buy a vintage car.
No it isn't safety feature having all that nonsense in the steering wheel and I don't need that stuff there just to be safe. I CAN DO ALL THAT AT ONCE ... have been for years (like I said ... some of us can walk and chew gum at the same time).

Vintage or not, I aint paying more to make up for the uncoordinated and less-inlcined and I hope they don't put that BS on there.
Old 3/17/08, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Indystang
Good point ... (exactly the reason they have test mules).
Old 3/22/08, 10:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

It will be interesting to see of any new 2010 dash and console pieces can be retrofitted to earlier models.
Old 3/31/08, 10:52 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TXBLUOVAL
No it isn't safety feature having all that nonsense in the steering wheel and I don't need that stuff there just to be safe. I CAN DO ALL THAT AT ONCE ... have been for years (like I said ... some of us can walk and chew gum at the same time).

Vintage or not, I aint paying more to make up for the uncoordinated and less-inlcined and I hope they don't put that BS on there.
just because you can doesn't mean the car should cater to our personal specifications. for some people, its hard to reach and for the majority of people, they CANT do all those thigns at once. Thats a lack of focus that can cause accidents. if you can do it, great. Heres a pat on the back, but that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things

think about a little more than whats good for you here.

on another note, that horn button looks sweet
Old 4/2/08, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool

Originally Posted by future9er24
doesn't mean the car should cater to our personal specifications
I agree ... EXACTLY what I was saying. I will think of what is best for me because I pay my bills ... (both house AND car bills) and I CAN do all those things with real good coordination and if you cant then I dont feel I should have to pay more money for some poor *&^%$#@ that isn't ... So it shouldn't cater to your uncoordinated specifications any more than mine ... and if you cant do any better than that when you drive please stay off our roads ... MAYBE THE INSURANCE RATES WILL DROP (LMAO) ...
Old 4/3/08, 08:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe a good reason why they shouldn't put any more controls on the wheel is safety . Your cruise control button is convex ( humped out ) so all you have to do is feel for the "on" and "set-accel " without looking down . The dished buttons turn off or allow to coast -- all without looking down ! Plus- your hands should be at 2 -o'clock and 10 o'clock where your cruise controls are . Where is there any room for radio controls ? The bottom spoke ? I wouldn't want my hand or arm there if the air bag went off ! ! It's bad enough that air bags can cause injury / death without proper deployment , let alone us putting ourselves in harm's way -- no more room -- just not safe . Besides that , if I have to die at the hands of my airbag , before I die , the last thing I don't want to hear is bluegrass music because my airbag changed the station !!

Last edited by red pony; 4/3/08 at 08:52 AM.
Old 4/3/08, 08:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by red pony
Maybe a good reason why they shouldn't put any more controls on the wheel is safety . Your cruise control button is convex ( humped out ) so all you have to do is feel for the "on" and "set-accel " without looking down . The dished buttons turn off or allow to coast -- all without looking down ! Plus- your hands should be at 2 -o'clock and 10 o'clock where your cruise controls are . Where is there any room for radio controls ? The bottom spoke ? I wouldn't want my hand or arm there if the air bag went off ! ! It's bad enough that air bags can cause injury / death without proper deployment , let alone us putting ourselves in harm's way -- no more room -- just not safe .
Make on/off a single button. Leave the set/- side , then change set/+ to be resume/+.

Now all the cruise buttons are on 1 side. Put the audio controls on the other side.

Quick Reply: New Interior Spy Shot