Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

MT-82 Transmission Mount Bushing Insert

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/15, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
MT-82 Transmission Mount Bushing Insert

Anyone on here using one of these on their MT82?

I'm looking to alleviate some of the notchy feeling when entering gears, especially 1st and 2nd, and looking for better feeling shifts. I have been specifically at the Steeda insert and the Whiteline. The reviews of the Whiteline say there is more of an increase in NVH, but reviews on both report better feeling shifts and smoother shifts. The Steeda claims no added NVH, which would be a big benefit I would very much appreciate. Seems almost too good to be true for a $30 part.

I'm not really experiencing any major problems with my transmission, but I fear the notchy feeling is the feeling of my sychros being torn apart. A better solution may be the Blowfish bracket, but with the much higher price, reports of a lot NVH, and still persistent issues, I am much more willing to spend $30 first to see if it helps.

Anyone have on of these inserts? What is your experience with them? Any input on Steeda vs. Whiteline?
Old 4/21/15, 09:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
I use it. It's a noticeable difference but not huge (in all regards).

In fact, the only increase in NVH is from the stupid flywheel vibrations on engine deceleration, otherwise no increases in noise.
Old 4/21/15, 11:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Which brand did you go with? Did it make much of a difference with the shifter feel/performance? Is it a worthwhile mod?
Old 4/22/15, 12:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Whiteline. I wouldn't pay more then $50 for what it offers, so for the price I feel it's worth it. Not a game changer by any means, but offers a little improvement for a little money.
Old 4/22/15, 11:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
We have had a lot of successes with our transmission bushing & it is made right here in the U.S.A.!

Don't take it from me ... check out our reviews here:

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mt-82-t...2015-555-4037/

Please let me know if I can help assist with anything further ... you can reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 4/22/15, 11:34 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have they Whiteline Transmission Mount Insert Installed along with the MGW Race Spec Shifter, All shifting problems gone! The MGW Shifter is expensive! But 100 % worth it, there are no comparable Shifters! The Shifter is adjustable, so one can get the horizontal gate adjusted dead nuts on! Smooth & Presise Shifts, Go to their web site, watch the video!!
Old 4/22/15, 05:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
May have to give this one a go, looks like an easy mod to install and easy on the wallet.
Old 4/23/15, 04:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Whiteline. I wouldn't pay more then $50 for what it offers, so for the price I feel it's worth it. Not a game changer by any means, but offers a little improvement for a little money.
Did you drill the hole in the mount to see if thatcut down any NVH?

Originally Posted by wvtrain
I have they Whiteline Transmission Mount Insert Installed along with the MGW Race Spec Shifter, All shifting problems gone! The MGW Shifter is expensive! But 100 % worth it, there are no comparable Shifters! The Shifter is adjustable, so one can get the horizontal gate adjusted dead nuts on! Smooth & Presise Shifts, Go to their web site, watch the video!!
I would love to grab an MGW, though its not in the budget right now. Maybe in a month or two.

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
May have to give this one a go, looks like an easy mod to install and easy on the wallet.
Thats exactly what I was thinking, give this a chance before shelling out the cash for an MGW shifter and Blowfish bracket.
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
We have had a lot of successes with our transmission bushing & it is made right here in the U.S.A.!

Don't take it from me ... check out our reviews here:

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mt-82-t...2015-555-4037/

Please let me know if I can help assist with anything further ... you can reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Do you guys recommend drilling the hole in the middle to reduce any NVH like the Whiteline insert suggests/
Old 4/23/15, 06:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by SplitSecond
Did you drill the hole in the mount to see if thatcut down any NVH?

I would love to grab an MGW, though its not in the budget right now. Maybe in a month or two.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, give this a chance before shelling out the cash for an MGW shifter and Blowfish bracket.

Do you guys recommend drilling the hole in the middle to reduce any NVH like the Whiteline insert suggests/
I read that drilling a 2 inch hole in the center section helps with the NVH, but I have no experience with it. Another guy cut the center section out! Read this.