Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/10, 04:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coffeejolts
Wow- who crapped in your coffee this morning? You've been on a tear.
I must nominate this for the most colorful post this week. Perhaps month.

I'm annoyed. I sold a really NICE car (my CTS-V) because I thought my Mustang was coming and my dealer assured me it was. I don't blame the dealer for the AAI delays but I do hold him responsible for the 10 day lag in ordering it which may have got it built before all the trouble started. Meanwhile, I don't have my V or my Mustang. I have a nice F150 and a pair of motorcycles so I'm not without transportation. Quite the contrary, I'm very fortunate (through hard work, kids). But the longer I go without this car the more I start to realize I may not even care at all if I have it. I still think it's an amazing product but if they refuse to communicate with the customer base, does the customer really matter (see also Toyota...)
Old 6/2/10, 04:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 5.0GT
He was told that because of the problems they're having with Mustang sold units
Anyone here with a 5.0 having issues?
Old 6/2/10, 05:27 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm not saying this is the reason but if another car is build prior to another, it could be for any number of reasons... ranging from priority/allocation to parts and what type of configuration it is.

If there was a problem, all Ford would be doing is checking each car before it ships..rather than have you as a customer deal with it after the fact and them take chances on the possiblity that 0% or up to 100% of the cars could potentially have the issue.

They are limiting the ammount of potential issues that hit the customer, reacting/fixing, and that is a great thing.
If they just said 'meh' and let everything slip through, you as a customer would be a LOT more sore having to deal with it AFTER getting your car... as much as you think/say it won't. You'd be sceaming up a tree that they let a car with an issue out.

Recap:
Good thing = fixing before you get it
Bad thing = letting you get it and having to fix something after

As much as you'd like to, they aren't going to call anyone with a pre-order and stroke their forhead 'hush you' and tell you everything is alright. They don't call it a TA...its an ETA.

Last edited by Boomer; 6/2/10 at 05:29 PM.
Old 6/2/10, 05:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

No offense meant or taken. It sounds like your order was full retail (can't say the same for mine, it doesn't have my name on it), which might explain the delays with Ford not wanting to build retails the first month. More just meant to point out the huge disparity in shipping dates.

Interesting though that yours has your name on it and got shipped so quickly. I wonder if there is some pattern there.
Old 6/2/10, 05:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
I'm not saying this is the reason but if another car is build prior to another, it could be for any number of reasons... ranging from priority/allocation to parts and what type of configuration it is.

If there was a problem, all Ford would be doing is checking each car before it ships..rather than have you as a customer deal with it after the fact and them take chances on the possiblity that 0% or up to 100% of the cars could potentially have the issue.

They are limiting the ammount of potential issues that hit the customer, reacting/fixing, and that is a great thing.
If they just said 'meh' and let everything slip through, you as a customer would be a LOT more sore having to deal with it AFTER getting your car... as much as you think/say it won't. You'd be sceaming up a tree that they let a car with an issue out.

Recap:
Good thing = fixing before you get it
Bad thing = letting you get it and having to fix something after

As much as you'd like to, they aren't going to call anyone with a pre-order and stroke their forhead 'hush you' and tell you everything is alright. They don't call it a TA...its an ETA.
Pete your points are valid but just for clarification.... you ordered a 2011 when?

Uh huh.
Old 6/2/10, 05:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
Anyone here with a 5.0 having issues?
Yes. Gene K. Clutch issue. Being handled directly by Ford through a dealer.

Never mind the mutlple clutches blown up by Evo Tech (arguably not the fault of the car/clutch.)
Old 6/2/10, 05:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Was hoping to have my car by Memorial Day (5/31)... X
Was hoping to have my car in time for the Carlisle Ford Nationals (6/4)... X

If it's not in by my birthday (7/9), I'm canceling

Car was ordered 1/19/10, built 5/14/10
Old 6/2/10, 05:55 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Pete your points are valid but just for clarification.... you ordered a 2011 when?

Uh huh.
Yeah, cause waiting for an 05 is WAY different than waiting on a 2011
Waiting surely has changed in the last 6 or 7 years....

I remember having to wait 10+ weeks for my order to come in, and that was ordered 6 months AFTER Job1.
Old 6/2/10, 05:59 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Uh huh.
I ordered a 2011 and I agree 100% with Boomer
Old 6/2/10, 06:13 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The recall is not a rumor, I was called by Ford Customer Service this morning and told about it.
Old 6/2/10, 06:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I ordered a 2011 and I agree 100% with Boomer
Neither agreement nor disagreement means Pete is any more right or less right.

The issue here is that MANY people are waiting LONGER than expected. Ford is FAILING to manage expectations. Even some DEALERS are starting to get upset about their lack of inventory. No cars, no sale. No sale, no revenue. And the only thing people really seem to want is an explanation... not a broken car.

When I bought my 2006 Focus (and subsequently tried to sell/trade it) I swore I'd NEVER buy a NEW Ford again because of the gross depreciation. I bought a used F150 and got a pretty darn good deal on arguably a very well made truck (except the TSB's front brakes and power window regulators which are now on their 2nd redesign.) When the 2005 Mustang began to "mature" I wanted to give it another chance but couldn't get past the lackluster powertrains and the lack of a 6-speed transmission.

Enter the 2011. Plenty of horsepower. A six-speed transmission. Better interiors. On paper, Ford was really listening. I made the leap to order one. I was ASSURED by my salesman that I'd get it by Memorial Day. The car was built on 5/4 -- plenty of time to get it here by Memorial Day. The deal was pretty good with 0% financing and $500 cash back. The $750 coupon was something I knew was an option (although I was thinking $500 based on previous experiences). Everything fell together to make this the RIGHT time to give Ford another chance. So I put my $500 down and left the dealer ready to wait until Memorial Day to get my car.

Didn't happen. Been bulit since 5/6 (at least) and sitting at AAI since then. Whether Pete waited longer on his '74, '89, '05 or whatever isn't the issue. The issue is that Ford is NOT managing expectations either at the dealer level or at the corporate level. Very little CONCRETE information has been available. The dealer is somewhat exasperated because Ford isn't telling them anything. Ford CS says to ask the dealer. The dealer says Ford isn't telling them anything. Regional reps appear to be making things up.

Add to this the "in the know" dealers here are suddenly eerily quiet. When's the last time Jeff was here? Paul posts occasionally. Brian (although not in sales) has been scarce too. KC? And what about Evo Tech? His info has been SPOT ON. Who shut him down? Everyone jumped over to AllFordMustangs because I guy named "JonnyB" actually had real information to give us.

And while Shaun may be busy with photo shoots and car mods (getting the tires to fit, probably), his early declarations quoting Dave Pericak have proved either untimely or downright false.

I'm not trying to start anything. I'm writing about my experience.

And just now I see an ad on TV for the 2011 Mustang.
Old 6/2/10, 06:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Yeah, cause waiting for an 05 is WAY different than waiting on a 2011
Waiting surely has changed in the last 6 or 7 years....

I remember having to wait 10+ weeks for my order to come in, and that was ordered 6 months AFTER Job1.

wow 10-12 weeks..

normal ordering is 6-8 weeks , so you waited an extra month?
3 months total..

yup.. thats long in comparison, again im going on close to 6 months.. as many others. DOUBLE what you waited..

am i aggravated yes..
do i want MY car .. yes..
do i want in the best quality.. of coarse..

my point to this entire thing is. if you know you have a custom order from a customer. which they ALWAYS ask for my info when i call about the car..
then have someone in the "KNOW" call me and say.

" hey rick, we know your car is built. but we found a problem with (said problem) on other cars .. we double checking your and a few others things make sure your car is 100%, its going to delay the car from getting to you for about (days/weeks/months), just want to give you heads up.."

it's called CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE.. why do you think they offer the survey at the end of a call?

i'll tell you why.. and you can say you heard it here..

within the next YEAR I'll guarentee that you will see FORD commercials and at some point they will mention JD POWER AND ASSOCIATES CUSTOMER SERVICE SATISFACTION said that they were voted the best in CS in the AUTO Industry..

ask me how i know? My company does the exact same thing...
Old 6/2/10, 06:40 PM
Cobra R Member

I answer the survey every time and even though the CSR's remain professional, they're essentially useless now that they've been censored and or their privileges revoked.

Let's just say the "1" button on my phone has seen a lot of use. . .
Old 6/2/10, 06:42 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Neither agreement nor disagreement means Pete is any more right or less right.
Hey, it was your argument. I merely provided a counter example.

The simple fact is, like Pete said, whether you knew exatcly what was wrong or not you'd still be complaining. Better for Ford to keep mum and just release them when it gets fixed

Originally Posted by pony racer

wow 10-12 weeks..

normal ordering is 6-8 weeks , so you waited an extra month?
3 months total..

yup.. thats long in comparison, again im going on close to 6 months.. as many others. DOUBLE what you waited..
You can't count the time you waited before the car was even in production lol. If thats the case I've been waiting 23 years for my 5.0 lolz
Old 6/2/10, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Everyone jumped over to AllFordMustangs because I guy named "JonnyB" actually had real information to give us.
And now JonnyB has mysteriously disappeared! Disappeared, or was he.... TAKEN OUT?
Old 6/2/10, 06:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
And now JonnyB has mysteriously disappeared! Disappeared, or was he.... TAKEN OUT?
I think he may have been overwhelmed by people who ordered 3 days ago asking about their status.

Or he was taken out. . .

The last message I got from him was "All your Mustangs are belong to us."
Old 6/2/10, 06:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

You can't count the time you waited before the car was even in production lol. If thats the case I've been waiting 23 years for my 5.0 lolz

so you put a down payment down 23 years ago?

again missing the point of the over all thread.
Old 6/2/10, 06:50 PM
GT Member

So I don't get to count the 6 weeks since I ordered the car without getting a VIN?

It's gotten so bad that my dealer has already agreed to simply refund my deposit because they have no idea what is going on.

Zero information. On a $40,000 plus vehicle. No matter how you spin it, that's bad.
Old 6/2/10, 06:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
My last update from him was on Thursday. I really didn't expect to hear anything from him on Friday since the plant is closed and I didn't expect anything on Memorial day. Not hearing anything today does kind of concern me that we may have lost our only source due to overwhelming requests. We'll see.
Old 6/2/10, 06:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by fritzOSU03
My last update from him was on Thursday. I really didn't expect to hear anything from him on Friday since the plant is closed and I didn't expect anything on Memorial day. Not hearing anything today does kind of concern me that we may have lost our only source due to overwhelming requests. We'll see.
same here.. and i dont think it was cause of the holiday weekend..

either someone told him to stop or

Quick Reply: Latest reason for the hold on GT's/Rumours on the Holds/Update on the Holds/Holds