2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Just Wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/10, 11:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Try not to worry. Glad you are getting it checked out. It could be that you still have some swelling that will get better. Xrays and ER docs can only go so far.
Old 5/29/10, 11:05 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little update. Went to the doctor's again this past Thursday after waking up with some pretty bad neck and lower back pain and to inform him of the numbness and tingling in fingers. We took some x-rays($300 spent real quick) and I was told they looked good and if I still have any pain or numbness after 2-3 more weeks to come back, was also moved from muscle relaxers to an anti inflammatory. It sucks still going to work every day knowing I am only one battery installation away from aggravating my back. Also after talking to insurance we believe that they are going to total out the car but nothing is set yet, they wanted a copy of my invoice, what the car's sticker was, as well as how many miles were on the car when I bought it(250) and how many were on it when it was wrecked(650).
Old 5/30/10, 06:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Make sure to keep some kind of log when you go to the doctor, talk to the insurance companies, etc. You would hope the process would go smoothly, but now a days you never know. Every doctor visit, prescription, phone call about your health or car, write it down or make copies of invoices, paperwork. If this lasts a few years, you will be glad you have the records. I hope all goes well and your health concerns and issues are temporary.
Old 5/30/10, 06:39 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GET-A-GOOD-LAWYER-

ASAP!
Old 5/30/10, 09:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jglnaz
Make sure to keep some kind of log when you go to the doctor, talk to the insurance companies, etc. You would hope the process would go smoothly, but now a days you never know. Every doctor visit, prescription, phone call about your health or car, write it down or make copies of invoices, paperwork. If this lasts a few years, you will be glad you have the records. I hope all goes well and your health concerns and issues are temporary.
Again, a very wise advice. Insurance cie's will go very far as not to financially compensate an individual for an accident or injuries that have may resulted from a car accident or such. Gotta back yourself up here, really important.
Old 5/30/10, 11:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Trust me. HOUND the other insurance for your check. Hound them for more for your emotional pain and suffering. Tell them that this was your dream car and that it's irreplaceable, etc etc etc. The more you b!tch and moan, the more you will get.
Old 5/30/10, 11:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Trust me. HOUND the other insurance for your check. Hound them for more for your emotional pain and suffering. Tell them that this was your dream car and that it's irreplaceable, etc etc etc. The more you b!tch and moan, the more you will get.
Now this is my first experience with dealing with an insurance company, but I do know that the medical reimbursement and "pain and suffering" settlement will be on the same check. Which I won't be any where near that point until my doctor signs a medical release right? Also with out partnering up with a lawyer how could I or any one for that matter put a price on "pain and suffering". We are keeping up with all of my medical bills, which at this point isn't very much but depending how long this is drawn out this could change.
Old 5/30/10, 11:56 AM
Bullitt Member

A lawyer will be able to gauge pain and suffering, as that's their job. Of course, they also take 40% of the proceeds. I wish you good luck and a fast recovery.
Old 5/30/10, 01:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I was in an accident last summer in my 2000 V6. It had around 95k miles on it. I got broadsided on my right front but it scraped the whole right side from front bumper to back bumper, knocking the sidescoop off, peeling the doorskin away, etc. Total damage was about $4500. I was wishing they would just total it, as Laser Red does NOT age well over 10 years and 100k miles. They repainted a 1/4 of my car. I had back pain and went to the doctor once, but the accident was 2 weeks before my college graduation and I lived 2 hours away from school so I couldn't deal with all that crap at the same time as making sure I pass my finals to graduate and prepare for graduation. It took about a month to get the car fixed and the checks were separate. One went to the body shop and they gave me a separate one for my $15 doctor visit and "emotional stress." When I finally talked to their agent (we have State Farm, they had AAA) I said I wanted more than the $400 they were offering me. She said I didn't seem like it affected me much since that was the first time she heard from me. Even though we played phone tag for weeks (when I found time to call her). They ended up giving me $450. If I had the time and had known I would have called that biotch every day pissed off. But we have an F150 that we hardly ever use so I had the car towed home and just drove that for my last two weeks of school, and my dad limped it down the street to the body shop our Ford dealer uses, two blocks away from my house. Pissed me off to no end since the car was barely worth that much. I wish it was just totalled. I would have been happier if they repainted the whole car though, which I think if I hounded their insurance agent, I may have gotten.
Old 5/30/10, 04:21 PM
GT Member

This is in direct violation of the Mustang owners approved modifications!!

Seriously man, Glad you're ok and could walk away from it. That's what counts.
Old 5/30/10, 04:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lp9820
Yeah all the air bags went off including the side impact... too bad it ruined the seats. I hope it is deemed as totaled, I will fight the insurance company on that if they don't see it as such. Yeah Red Jay you were the first to comment on my topic last week.

Hard not to total one when it hits hard enough to pop the bags....hell the bags alone are going to be over 5g
Old 5/30/10, 09:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don't settle for anything until you know exactly what is up. Your symptoms sound like mine. Your body gets defensive and if your head is in a different posture due to protecting something, it will hurt your back. It takes very little to tweak your whole system.

I am scheduled for surgery on Friday. I am fortunate to have good insurance as MRIs and good physical therapy both pointed to the same problem with me. In your case, if you can get a good picture of what is going on, you might be able to work through it. Mine was just too bad off as we tried for a year to correct without surgery. I just found that out last Monday. ;( The thing they seem to be concerned with is my lack of some reflex and the tingling, so keep an eye on that.

Again, don't panic, as maybe you can work through it with PT and some time to heal, but you want to get some good pictures of your neck as soon as you can get them.

Also, wth....I had the status of my car within a few days.

Little update. Went to the doctor's again this past Thursday after waking up with some pretty bad neck and lower back pain and to inform him of the numbness and tingling in fingers. We took some x-rays($300 spent real quick) and I was told they looked good and if I still have any pain or numbness after 2-3 more weeks to come back, was also moved from muscle relaxers to an anti inflammatory. It sucks still going to work every day knowing I am only one battery installation away from aggravating my back. Also after talking to insurance we believe that they are going to total out the car but nothing is set yet, they wanted a copy of my invoice, what the car's sticker was, as well as how many miles were on the car when I bought it(250) and how many were on it when it was wrecked(650).
Old 5/30/10, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
Glad your doc said there is nothing major wrong with you. Definitely follow up with him if you are still hurting next week. If he doesn't mention it, you might want to ask about physical therapy. It helped with my neck pain after I was rear-ended several years ago in my '06.
Did you see an M.D and were xrays taken of your neck? I'm not specifically picking on Chiropractors, but see an Orthopedic if your doc did not take xrays or recommend physical therapy. I'm a medical claims examiner, I pay claims like this, daily. Also remember a Chiropractor is NOT a Medical Doctor. There is a difference and most people think Doctor of Chiropractic is the same as an M.D..fyi

We would typically send you an injury questionnaire asking for info. If we determine there is a Third Party Liability, we would request Subrogation documents to be signed. That allows us to pay all your related medical bills while you wait for settlement, then you can not be rushed/pressured to "settle" just to get the auto insurance <Bodily Injury Claim> to pay the bills. We'd would be reimbursed at time of settlement and that can take years in most cases.

Car looks nasty, so sorry to read all this. Feel better soon and hope everything works out for you and it was mentioned.....you may need an attorney to look out for your best interests. The other guys auto will not be cooperative, they are out to pay the least they can.

Last edited by Mustangshar; 5/30/10 at 09:57 PM.
Old 5/31/10, 03:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Mustangshar
Did you see an M.D and were xrays taken of your neck? I'm not specifically picking on Chiropractors, but see an Orthopedic if your doc did not take xrays or recommend physical therapy. I'm a medical claims examiner, I pay claims like this, daily. Also remember a Chiropractor is NOT a Medical Doctor. There is a difference and most people think Doctor of Chiropractic is the same as an M.D..fyi...
Good advice. If you do see an ortho doc and he/she recommends surgery (I don't want to scare you here), I would advise a second opinion with a neurologist as well before operating. Not that either one is better than the other, they just have differing viewpoints. FYI my neurologist didn't advise physical therapy until most of my inflammation was gone, which took a couple months as I recall. So don't rush into PT right away unless your doc advises it.

And if it does look like your injuries are greater than first thought, DO hire a lawyer. I tried settling once without one and the insurance adjuster of the lady that hit me tried to hose me. Didn't even want to cover all of my medical bills and said I could have found someone cheaper!
Old 6/1/10, 02:51 PM
GT Member

Just heard from insurance today, the car is totaled and they will be giving me the value of the car minus $150 for mileage, so I'll be getting about $3700 more than the pay off. $1000 off the top will go back to my parents for giving $1K as a down payment the rest will go either to a new 2010 or 2011 depending on what kind of deals start tomorrow.
Old 6/1/10, 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

That's great news financially! But terrible to hear of the car.
Old 6/1/10, 04:21 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just heard from insurance today, the car is totaled and they will be giving me the value of the car minus $150 for mileage, so I'll be getting about $3700 more than the pay off. $1000 off the top will go back to my parents for giving $1K as a down payment the rest will go either to a new 2010 or 2011 depending on what kind of deals start tomorrow.
get a 5.0! unless you can fnd an unbeatable deal on a '10
Old 6/1/10, 07:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
get a 5.0! unless you can fnd an unbeatable deal on a '10
Really the way things have gone today really points to a 2011GT, I hear about my car today and find out I am basically getting the rebates I had on the 10 in cash, I got my 86GT back today after having to let my brother use it since I purchased the 2010 since his Honda crapped out, and I got my 2011 brochure today with the $750 coupon. next thing I know everything is going to start pointing to or adding up to 50...
Old 6/1/10, 07:52 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really the way things have gone today really points to a 2011GT, I hear about my car today and find out I am basically getting the rebates I had on the 10 in cash, I got my 86GT back today after having to let my brother use it since I purchased the 2010 since his Honda crapped out, and I got my 2011 brochure today with the $750 coupon. next thing I know everything is going to start pointing to or adding up to 50...
that accident could have been a blessing in disguise!
Old 6/1/10, 10:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well if he doesn't have longterm back problems. Which I have never been 'right' since my accident. My STB basically saved the car from being totalled, in my humble accident investigator opinion. And it also caused me and my buddy to absorb more of the impact than we would have. It was a Jeep Commander and we weren't going all of 15-20mph. He was leaving a driveway on my right trying to cut into traffic going the opposite direction of me. I guess he didn't see me on the other side of the car in front/to my right. I hit the brakes, but no ABS and we just slid. The jeep hit us square on the right front fender, breaking the strut and trashing the fender/doorskin. However, I have the Kenny Brown STB. It is a lot beefier than the other Ford/BBK/MM ones, and the struts actually mount to the plate. It really triangulates the strut towers and firewall, so the impact just smacked the car sideways instead of crumpling the right front.

Now, imagine us going forward and all of a sudden being smacked on the right side with the car absorbing none of the impact. Our spines twisted counterclockwise. I didn't realize it back then because I was worried about the stuff going on around me, but my back has never felt 100% healed and it's too late to do anything about it. I'm just trying to help you not make the same mistakes.

Quick Reply: Just Wrecked