Search this Thread

Old 5/21/10, 07:31 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got some more pics

Old 5/21/10, 07:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ouch, hurts, get well ASAP. Took a beating, but i'm sure that fender just needs a little polishing and you'll be good to go. It should be totalled, frame damage, complete front end, fenders, re-align all panels, airbags, etc. Good for parts.
Old 5/21/10, 07:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dang .. that thing looks totalled! If you have a 3.73 ... lets swap rears before they junk it!! And door panels too!
Old 5/21/10, 08:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
Dang .. that thing looks totalled! If you have a 3.73 ... lets swap rears before they junk it!! And door panels too!
And shift ****/boot? Jeez, feel like we're picking off a fallen soldier!
Old 5/21/10, 08:33 PM
Cobra R Member

How bad was the other guy's car?!??!? Holy cr@p this looks totaled. Start adding up the cost of parts and this should put it over the top.
Old 5/21/10, 08:42 PM
GT Member

You know the phrase "...you should see the other guy", hes probably saying that about me. I didn't get a good look but looked like only his front bumper got tore off and maybe damage to his head lights, nowhere near the damage that my car took.
Old 5/21/10, 08:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Geeze, what was the other guy driving? A heavy duty pick up?
Old 5/21/10, 08:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by lp9820
You know the phrase "...you should see the other guy", hes probably saying that about me. I didn't get a good look but looked like only his front bumper got tore off and maybe damage to his head lights, nowhere near the damage that my car took.
That really sucks. But you're OK and the car can be fixed/replaced. It really was a sweet looking car.
Old 5/21/10, 09:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
Geeze, what was the other guy driving? A heavy duty pick up?
Early to mid 90s Honda civic hatchback. My hatred for those cars has only intensified due to this wreck.
Old 5/21/10, 10:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

That doesn't make much sense to me but I'm no expert. All I can say is what the NHTSA crash ratings say and the 2010 Mustang coupe got 5 star ratings all around. A 1995 civic got a 3 and 4 star mix, but they never tested a side impact, I'm only guess that that's what it was for it.

But eh, maybe I over analyze. I'm sure someone more qualified will figure it out. Glad you're alright nonetheless and in the end that's what a car is meant to do in a collision.
Old 5/22/10, 12:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
nonetheless and in the end that's what a car is meant to do in a collision.
exactly. the car crumples and folds so it absorbs as much of the impact as possible, so that you in this case can walk away..
Old 5/22/10, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by pony racer
exactly. the car crumples and folds so it absorbs as much of the impact as possible, so that you in this case can walk away..
I was definitely happy to have mine crumple a couple of years ago on me, while the mid 80's caddy almost crushed the idiot that nailed me. At least I got a Cobra out of the deal.

Last edited by jevans.900; 5/22/10 at 01:25 AM.
Old 5/22/10, 09:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I went through the same thing almost exactly a year ago. I would be shocked if it is not totaled. Now...on your neck. Be careful. As I type this I am still in a quite a bit of pain. I didn't think I was going to be too bad off, but I am probably looking at neck surgery due to disc issues at c5-c6 from my wreck. Symptoms may go away, or get worse and will change. Keep a close eye on it. If it comes and goes, or you have any problems with pain or numbness going down your arm or fingers, you will want an MRI. Getting one of those is wise before physical therapy too. I am not trying to get you worried, but you don't want to think you are fine and have problems later. Most of us hate to complain about pain, or go to a doctor, but look at your car....your body went through that same impact.

I thought I was going to get by, without surgery....but now...maybe not.
Old 5/22/10, 10:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by ttbit
I went through the same thing almost exactly a year ago. I would be shocked if it is not totaled. Now...on your neck. Be careful. As I type this I am still in a quite a bit of pain. I didn't think I was going to be too bad off, but I am probably looking at neck surgery due to disc issues at c5-c6 from my wreck. Symptoms may go away, or get worse and will change. Keep a close eye on it. If it comes and goes, or you have any problems with pain or numbness going down your arm or fingers, you will want an MRI. Getting one of those is wise before physical therapy too. I am not trying to get you worried, but you don't want to think you are fine and have problems later. Most of us hate to complain about pain, or go to a doctor, but look at your car....your body went through that same impact.

That is a very wise advice. I would do it too.
Old 5/23/10, 12:26 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ttbit

Dang now you got me worried, I have had both my left and right arm/hand(at different times) go numb at times, hopefully that will turn out to be nothing though.
Old 5/23/10, 07:12 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
I got rear-ended a little over three years ago. A couple fingers on my left hand went numb. Many X-rays showed nothing but a M.R.I. showed 3 disk were bad in my neck. I had the surgery done, i now have a metal plate with 8 screws and 6 staples in my neck. I got an out of court settlement of 6 figures but it took right at 3 years to get it. The day after i got my settlement i ordered my 2011 Mustang that come in on May 11th.

I don't know the laws of your state but you need to talk to a lawyer.
Old 5/23/10, 11:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by lp9820
Dang now you got me worried, I have had both my left and right arm/hand(at different times) go numb at times, hopefully that will turn out to be nothing though.
Numb is NEVER nothing.
Old 5/23/10, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hows the insurance going? I remember my dad go rear ended and it took forever for the other persons insurance to pay for the car repairs.

Any plans on replacing the stang?
Old 5/23/10, 07:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by trane
Numb is NEVER nothing.
Well that sucks, guess I'll go to the hospital later in the week to get that checked out when I have a day off from work.

Originally Posted by SynisterGT
Hows the insurance going? I remember my dad go rear ended and it took forever for the other persons insurance to pay for the car repairs.

Any plans on replacing the stang?
Haven't heard much from the insurance company, we got the rental car Friday and supposedly the other person hasn't met with his agent yet. I'm hoping to hear some thing tomorrow. If the car gets totaled and insurance pays what I owe on the vehicle I may replace it with an 11 but I may just hold off and see what the 2012 302 boss will be.
Old 5/23/10, 10:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get better fast man, thats a shame. Beautiful car. That can be addressed, work on healing up. Thats the tough part.

Quick Reply: Just Wrecked