Just test drove GT

Search this Thread

Old 6/1/10, 04:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silverbull271
Adam----

I have no clue----you advice me--
I'd stay in sport mode. Plenty of fun and the computer is still there to save you if things get out of control.

I would also recommend reading about the various modes in your manual.
Old 6/1/10, 06:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,528 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam2004
From a stop (foot on brake), press the traction control button twice. I wouldn't disable TC completely.
I need to look at this again on mine too; so far I have not been able to get it into sports mode . . . the two pushes on the button seem to just turn it off and on again
Old 6/1/10, 06:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bert
I need to look at this again on mine too; so far I have not been able to get it into sports mode . . . the two pushes on the button seem to just turn it off and on again
Press it twice ... fast ....
Old 6/1/10, 08:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a limit to how many songs Sync can index. It depends on a few factors but you can figure in the ballpark of about 10,000 songs. That doesn't mean that you couldn't plug in a device with 20 or 30 thousand songs. It's just that once Sync's index is filled up, it won't remember any more track titles. So you could still call up songs by genre or artist, but not by track name.

Ford really should have made it so you could clear Sync's memory by pressing some combination of buttons, but they didn't. You have to pull the fuse for Sync. Wait maybe 30 seconds before reinserting the fuse. The fuse panel can be found behind a door in the front passenger area footwell. Fuse 3 is the one for the Sync system. It is the third from the bottom in the right column of fuses.
Old 6/2/10, 05:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RandyW
There is a limit to how many songs Sync can index. It depends on a few factors but you can figure in the ballpark of about 10,000 songs. That doesn't mean that you couldn't plug in a device with 20 or 30 thousand songs. It's just that once Sync's index is filled up, it won't remember any more track titles. So you could still call up songs by genre or artist, but not by track name.

Ford really should have made it so you could clear Sync's memory by pressing some combination of buttons, but they didn't. You have to pull the fuse for Sync. Wait maybe 30 seconds before reinserting the fuse. The fuse panel can be found behind a door in the front passenger area footwell. Fuse 3 is the one for the Sync system. It is the third from the bottom in the right column of fuses.
Thats sounds like a "good ole fashined" pain in the ***!
Old 6/2/10, 05:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RandyW

can the "un-indexed" songs be pulled up in the menu system thru dash as opposed to the voice feature (voice feature doesnt work wellwith a verts top down)
Old 6/2/10, 10:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by silverbull271
can the "un-indexed" songs be pulled up in the menu system thru dash as opposed to the voice feature (voice feature doesnt work wellwith a verts top down)
My guess is Yes, although if you've got over 10,000 tracks that's a whole lot of scrolling! If you want to hear a particular track and it's outside the first 10,000 or so that got fully indexed, here's how I'd do it. Let's say you wanted to hear Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top and it's track title is not indexed. The simplest way to hear it would be to say "Play Artist ZZ Top", then when it starts playing whatever is the first song you have by them, hit the >>| button on the steering wheel until you get to Sharp Dressed Man. It should display the names on the screen so you don't have to wait until you hear the song to tell what it is.

And pulling the fuse shouldn't be that big of a deal since you won't be doing it on a regular basis. You do it once to clear the memory and you should be good for a long time.
Old 6/7/10, 04:40 PM
V6 Member

i gotta agree with the OP

I have a 2011 CS, manual, Ingot Silver, with 3.73 on order. Today, the dealer had the same car except in black that they let me take for a spin. I gotta tell you, I was also expecting more on the low end. It almost felt like it had a turbo charger that didn't kick in until 4500'ish. Once you hit that 4500, it shoots like a rocket up to red line. I only got to get it up to 65mph or so and we didn't go that far, but I got at least 3 good launches with it.

I've ridden in some of my friends street hotrods and maybe was unreasonably expecting the same. It seems like their 1/4 times were similar so maybe I was expecting the same throw me back in the seat feeling. Maybe I've built up too high of expectations since I've been waiting since February also.

Bottom line is that I don't have that gotta have it now feeling anymore after the test drive. I'm now thinking I could probably wait another 12-18 months and pick up one used and save some $$$. I've been enjoying driving my wife's Fusion on some of our weekend trips and think that it might be able to get me by in the meantime. My primary is an '05 5.4L F150 so anything is peppier than it.
Old 6/7/10, 04:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by desertMustang
I have a 2011 CS, manual, Ingot Silver, with 3.73 on order. Today, the dealer had the same car except in black that they let me take for a spin. I gotta tell you, I was also expecting more on the low end. It almost felt like it had a turbo charger that didn't kick in until 4500'ish. Once you hit that 4500, it shoots like a rocket up to red line. I only got to get it up to 65mph or so and we didn't go that far, but I got at least 3 good launches with it.

I've ridden in some of my friends street hotrods and maybe was unreasonably expecting the same. It seems like their 1/4 times were similar so maybe I was expecting the same throw me back in the seat feeling. Maybe I've built up too high of expectations since I've been waiting since February also.

Bottom line is that I don't have that gotta have it now feeling anymore after the test drive. I'm now thinking I could probably wait another 12-18 months and pick up one used and save some $$$. I've been enjoying driving my wife's Fusion on some of our weekend trips and think that it might be able to get me by in the meantime. My primary is an '05 5.4L F150 so anything is peppier than it.
Camaro
Old 6/7/10, 04:47 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Camaro
Ugghh! To fugly. I don't care if it could fly me to work over traffic, I still wouldn't want one.
Old 6/7/10, 04:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by desertMustang
Ugghh! To fugly. I don't care if it could fly me to work over traffic, I still wouldn't want one.
Hehehehe!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 6/7/10, 04:54 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Hehehehe!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
LOL!
Old 6/7/10, 05:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

A lot of these dealers have 87 in the cars. You need to drive one with 91 in it. It makes a huge difference and most will tell you the car just gets stronger with more miles you put on it.
Old 6/7/10, 06:16 PM
Cobra Member

I'm not worried about it. If the choice is between a big block with lots of torque down low and a 5000 rpm redline or a smaller engine that loves and needs to be revved up, I'll take the smaller one. I enjoy winding an engine out, that's why I got a manual transmission.
Old 6/7/10, 06:17 PM
GT Member

Personally....and this is only me....I don't care what the car feels like under 4500 rpm - when racing, it will never be that low, with the exception of launching on hard compound street tires, at which point I don't want tons of power down low.

But again...that's just me. So far, the performance numbers we are seeing speak for themselves, and certainly seem to back up this old saying: The seat of the pants is the world's biggest liar".

To each their own, of course.
Old 6/7/10, 06:19 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD
Personally....and this is only me....I don't care what the car feels like under 4500 rpm - when racing, it will never be that low, with the exception of launching on hard compound street tires, at which point I don't want tons of power down low.

But again...that's just me. So far, the performance numbers we are seeing speak for themselves, and certainly seem to back up this old saying: The seat of the pants is the world's biggest liar".

To each their own, of course.
This.

Like I said before the times don't lie.

I really won't even juge my own 5.0 until its fully broken in and running on 91
Old 6/7/10, 07:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I pulls clean from below 1000 rpm in 6th. What more do you want?

If you want it to feel like a 6.2L LS3 in a 3200 lb Vette it aint gonna happen.

720 lb per liter vs 516 lb per liter.
Old 6/7/10, 10:48 PM
GT Member

Good thing for me I have no prior expectations.. I ordered it without test driving a 2011. I just went off magazine articles!
Old 6/8/10, 05:51 AM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by Gene K

720 lb per liter vs 516 lb per liter.
Exactly. I test drove a (I think) 3.31-geared, 6-speed manual GT a couple weeks ago, and it felt plenty quick and powerful throughout its entire RPM range, from off-idle to its redline, theoretically (this was a test drive and I didn't rev it that high).

If you want diesel-like torque, might I suggest a new BMW 335d. Or a new Powerstroke.
Old 6/8/10, 07:49 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Gene K

I'm coming from a 133-lb-ft-of-torque Ford Focus.

I think 305 hp and 280 lb-ft are gonna be just fine for me.

Quick Reply: Just test drove GT