2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

JUST INSTALLED ROUSH SIDE SPLITTERS

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/14, 06:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gtstyles2
Subtle yet noticeable mod, it definitely helps the flow of the car when having a front lip

Originally Posted by Last1
Looks great! I have these as well as the rear and they are extremely light. Only issues I have is keeping them clean.
I shall find that out soon enough when I do my spring cleaning.

Originally Posted by Stage_3
I think they look killer.
But then again,...........I may be biased. lol
Cannot imagine why.

Originally Posted by GT50GO
Looks great, I've been back and forth on getting these but every time I see them I'm swaying more towards getting a pair.
Pull the trigger you will not regret it.

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
I think they'd look great on your car.

I'm on the fence about getting them as well.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 2/21/14 at 11:45 AM.
Old 2/20/14, 07:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cristoff
Yeah, I don't do subtle very well at all.

I'm guessing yours is a V6? This would be a great upgrade to your front end and overall look to your theme
"NO" mine is a 2013 GT 5.0 the same Mustang Roush uses to transform them into Roush Cars.

Originally Posted by 14rs3roush
Tony, you may be a little biased but rightfully so...I just installed the side and rear splitters on mine. I like the little extra protection they provide and the look is very nice.

I also installed the Nav-TV backup camera setup...very nice.

Originally Posted by dusman59
It was the second mod I did. I wanted some protection from the sticky Brembo tires that pick up everything. The better looks was a bonus.
true

Originally Posted by featurecar50
Do you have to install these by drilling any holes? Or do they just clip on. I would like some protection from stone chips but really do not want to drill any holes, any suggestions?
As stated by members below, very easy install. Here is the video:

U have to make 5 holes on each side. It wasn't bad it all and I cringe very easily

Originally Posted by Horspla
The holes are drilled into the bottom flange of the plastic rocker and are non-visible if you eveer decide to remove the splitters. No harm, no foul, no downside to adding them.

John

Last edited by B's 5.0; 2/20/14 at 07:12 AM.
Old 2/20/14, 07:37 AM
GT Member

They look quite nice....
Old 2/20/14, 07:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bentnail
They look quite nice....
Old 2/20/14, 11:04 AM
GT Member

They look awesome too me.
Old 2/20/14, 02:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pressman43
They look awesome too me.
Thanks.
Old 2/20/14, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Why make a replica ?
Old 2/21/14, 07:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bocefus
Why make a replica ?
(1). Replica= $44,000.00 including Supercharger
(2). Roush = $68,000.00
(3). Difference of $24,000.00 in my pocket
(4). Because I can.
Old 2/21/14, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by B's 5.0
(1). Replica= $44,000.00 including Supercharger (2). Roush = $68,000.00 (3). Difference of $24,000.00 in my pocket (4). Because I can.
. Fair enough. I was just curious
Old 2/21/14, 11:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bocefus
. Fair enough. I was just curious
Thanks, that is what this forum is about asking questions and getting help and many other good idea's.
Old 2/21/14, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have the roush effects around the bottom of my 5.0 and I couldn't be happier with the look. However I had to reinstall the drivers side one because it wont seem to push towards the back of the car far enough to hug the factory mud flap mold behind the front tire. And it did it again. So there's a noticeable gap under the front of the splitter were its contacting the mold and the tape is visible. I think i got a defective splitter with the holes drilled a little off. Gonna have to take it back off when I have time and modify it to fit.

Anyone else have any issues?
Old 2/21/14, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
I have the roush effects around the bottom of my 5.0 and I couldn't be happier with the look. However I had to reinstall the drivers side one because it wont seem to push towards the back of the car far enough to hug the factory mud flap mold behind the front tire. And it did it again. So there's a noticeable gap under the front of the splitter were its contacting the mold and the tape is visible. I think i got a defective splitter with the holes drilled a little off. Gonna have to take it back off when I have time and modify it to fit.

Anyone else have any issues?
Did you make sure it was lined up correctly? I actually had to cut off about a 1/8" off the rear of mine on both sides because it was pushing on the rubber, but I only had to cut the splitter partially in the back were it cannot be seen, Another words not all the way to the 3M tape. Just behind the Rocker Panel

Last edited by B's 5.0; 2/21/14 at 02:33 PM.
Old 2/21/14, 02:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you make sure it was lined up correctly? I actually had to cut off about a 1/8" off the rear of mine on both sides because it was pushing on the rubber, but I only had to cut the splitter partially in the back were it cannot be seen, Another words not all the way to the 3M tape. Just behind the Rocker Panel
I actually just ripped off those inner "mudflaps" if u wanna call them that. Don't see what type of purpose they served, they were in the way
Old 2/21/14, 03:22 PM
Banned

I actually just ripped off those inner "mudflaps" if u wanna call them that. Don't see what type of purpose they served, they were in the way
Ha! Ha! yeah, either way will work, but what I had to cut off was not very much at all. Just a little bit wider then a tooth pick and shorter, just used a dremel tool.

Last edited by B's 5.0; 2/21/14 at 03:31 PM.
Old 2/22/14, 06:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yup, took off those factory mud flap guards on the back off the rocker panel. Lined it up as perfect as possible but i still believe the roush splitter holes are slightly off. Ill figure it out. Its just a hassle.
Old 2/22/14, 07:39 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Looks great! I was debating them before, but would have to get the full front and rear treatment of I were to get it. Also am happy with her current looks at the moment.
Old 2/22/14, 08:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Looks great! I was debating them before, but would have to get the full front and rear treatment of I were to get it. Also am happy with her current looks at the moment.
That's actually what made me hold off, the 10-12s don't have a side splitter option for the rear. I heard Classic Design Concepts can probably give u that option if u call them direct. It's off of the RTR rear valance and they may be able to sell separate, but it ain't cheap -_-
Old 2/22/14, 09:59 AM
Banned

Yup, took off those factory mud flap guards on the back off the rocker panel. Lined it up as perfect as possible but i still believe the roush splitter holes are slightly off. Ill figure it out. Its just a hassle.
I do not understand that. The Roush splitter has 8 square tips that fit in the 8 square holes in the Rocker Panel. How can it not line up? If so I would send it back where you bought it from and have them send you a new one. Did you check the splitters on the bottom side? they are marked LH and RH.

Originally Posted by FromZto5

That's actually what made me hold off, the 10-12s don't have a side splitter option for the rear. I heard Classic Design Concepts can probably give u that option if u call them direct. It's off of the RTR rear valance and they may be able to sell separate, but it ain't cheap -_-
Old 2/22/14, 12:41 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Exactly, those need to be removed before instal. Sorry just saw this. They will warp the splitters when left on.
Old 2/22/14, 01:36 PM
Banned

I do not understand that. Not saying your wrong. The Roush splitter has 8 square tips that fit in the 8 square holes in the Rocker Panel. How can it not line up? If so I would send it back where you bought it from and have them send you a new one. Did you check the splitters on the bottom side? they are marked LH and RH.

Do they look like this. These are the Roush splitters each one of those 8 tips on each splitter goes up into the Rocker Panel:

Last edited by B's 5.0; 2/23/14 at 07:12 AM.

Quick Reply: JUST INSTALLED ROUSH SIDE SPLITTERS