Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Just a heads-up to anyone that is buying through X-plan

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/10, 04:55 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I know buddy. I'm just saying in general that dealerships shouldn't give up the farm on a brand-new hot car. When dealers do this around me, it makes my job harder, and not as much fun.
And price is not the only thing in this world. I'd rather pay a few more bucks to know I'm working with decent people, who will treat me well down the line . . .
Old 5/8/10, 05:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniocal
"A fair deal by any of the online sites, is a few hundred over invoice. For dealers to sell a brand-new product for several hundred under invoice is silly, IMO. I have sold 10 cars at $300 over invoice and no one on here has complained at all."

$300 or $400 over invoice seems incredibly fair. I hope I can find a deal similar to what Jeff is offering next month out here in SoCal.
I could not agree more ... that is fair considering a brand new model, and I was really surprised my dealer went along with the usual "$100 over invoice" deal that I have gotten in the past.

However, part of this particular dealer's logo is "home of the 1% rule" ... meaning every deal is 1% over invoice which in my case would have been $270.14 over. As my car was an order out, he saw no problem with giving me an additional $170.14 discount. Their Service Fee is only $129, which also sounds reasonable compared to others mentioned.

Doug

Last edited by orange3.9stang; 5/8/10 at 05:29 PM.
Old 5/8/10, 09:32 PM
GT Member

That clears up X-Plan pricing. So what about A-Plan pricing? On average, how much can I expect to pay below invoice for A-Plan and is A-Plan pricing as good as it get's? Thanks!
Old 5/9/10, 06:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A, Z & D Plan pricing appear to be all the same.

On my invoice is shows it $1,210.95 under invoice w/holdback (96.14%) and $31 over invoice w/o holdback.

Not sure what the exact formula is for A, Z & D but this gives you an idea.

Doug
Old 5/9/10, 06:38 AM
GT Member

Doesnt it go this way?

A Plan = Ford Employee

D Plan = Dealership Employees

Z Plan = Ford Retirees

X Plan = Preferred (Also certain Business customers so find out! Verizon, Coca-Cola, etc) You may work for a business which you can get the X-plan so just ASK!!!) I got an X-plan Pin cause of Verizon. If I didn't ask, I would of never known, and probably paid between $200 to $500 over invoice with holdback price, and the dealership fees $599- so it would of come out a little bit more than X-plan

What's funny about all this stuff is, there's probably going to be some great incentives, rebates, and discounts once the dealers lots fill up- anyways.

I'm going to also try and get that $500 rebate ( take a new car before June 1st deal) on top of it. I told the dealer that I'd like to get that $500 off, and I think I'm going to try and hold it to them anyways... regardless of the date. Make sure you print that Coupon out from the Internet and put it with the "deal" when you pre-order folks!

A-plan is the best price I've seen yet- however, there's got to be a benefit to working for Ford for their employees, which I understand.

If you wait till about the end of Summer/Fall/Winter of next year, you probably can save even more $ when they try to move their cars for the 2012's.. and save even more!!

Last edited by ipodintampa; 5/9/10 at 06:39 AM.