Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Just a heads-up to anyone that is buying through X-plan

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/10, 04:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a heads-up to anyone that is buying through X-plan

SHOP AROUND! I was going to take my X-plan deal and walk out the door with no questions asked. Ended up going to another dealer to view the MCA package they had on the lot, and they told me they would beat X-plan if I worked with them instead of the other dealer. This dealer just sent me a quote for SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS BELOW INVOICE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am literally floored at the price. I heard jokerstars talking a lot about dealers going lower than X-plan, but I really didn't feel like going to 5 different places. This dealership basically just offered it to get the biz - no haggling involved! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

SHOP AROUND - you never know how much better a deal the guy down the road can get you
Old 5/7/10, 04:11 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AusTXMCA
SHOP AROUND! I was going to take my X-plan deal and walk out the door with no questions asked. Ended up going to another dealer to view the MCA package they had on the lot, and they told me they would beat X-plan if I worked with them instead of the other dealer. This dealer just sent me a quote for SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS BELOW INVOICE!!!!!!!!!!!

I am literally floored at the price. I heard jokerstars talking a lot about dealers going lower than X-plan, but I really didn't feel like going to 5 different places. This dealership basically just offered it to get the biz - no haggling involved! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

SHOP AROUND - you never know how much better a deal the guy down the road can get you
Yeah, been a number of similar reports on here.

Just goes to show the uninformed that "Invoice" is not what a dealer pays for the cars. If it was then that dealer that made you the deal would be losing money and I guarantee they won't do anything like that, they are there to MAKE money.
Old 5/7/10, 05:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Just make sure they don't turn around and charge you a $599 doc fee. That happens like MAD here in NoVA. Even motorcycles are getting out of hand with the doc fees. I don't know why they just don't call it "actual documentatoin costs plus extra profit".
Old 5/7/10, 05:14 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
They can sell cars for a small lose on the front end and make it up on the back end.
Old 5/7/10, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

You are the thunder and I am the lightning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_YR4dKArgo
Old 5/7/10, 05:23 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

[QUOTE=jokerstars;5864079]You are the thunder and I am the lightning...

Travis: Hey, remember your friend, Mr. Thunder? How 'bout his buddy, Mr. Lightning? Ooh, I know you know him. You know him real well, don't ya?
Old 5/7/10, 05:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
You are the thunder and I am the lightning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_YR4dKArgo
WTF? Stop drinking.

She's hot and all . . . but I'm at a loss what this has to do with anything unless you have the hots for ... um... someone here that's not me.
Old 5/7/10, 05:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

It was my love ode to AusTXMCA. He did mention me in his initial post. And what else am I going to do? Drive around in my 1994 Accord?
Old 5/7/10, 05:25 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

come on! I got a quote form a 2003 movie up and posted in like 1.5 mins

Last edited by Flagstang; 5/7/10 at 05:28 PM.
Old 5/7/10, 05:28 PM
V6 Member

AusTXMCA, so how much did that end up saving you? Around what, $500 or so?
Just trying to get an idea of the difference, if I can't find someone that can beat the X-plan in Houston (would be odd if I couldn't), then a trip to Austin would not be bad at all, some great places to drive up there!
Old 5/7/10, 06:00 PM

I'm going to a few dealers tomorrow to see about ordering one. Do you mind telling me which dealer is giving you the best deal, so I could try there first. Planned on going to Covert, Leif Johnson, and Maxwell. Thank You
Old 5/7/10, 06:06 PM

Were you going to get the $500 rebate on top of the price you paid? Remember the current set of mustangs come with $500 rebate until 06/01. I have gotten (true invoice + holdback) - $200 plus any rebate on top of it... hope that ford continues the $500 rebate
Old 5/7/10, 06:28 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Just make sure they don't turn around and charge you a $599 doc fee. That happens like MAD here in NoVA. Even motorcycles are getting out of hand with the doc fees. I don't know why they just don't call it "actual documentatoin costs plus extra profit".
I don't think that the law in Texas allows for those kind of doc fees, been so long since I bought a new car though that I don't recall. I'm thinking that it is like $75 here.
Old 5/7/10, 06:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
I don't think that the law in Texas allows for those kind of doc fees, been so long since I bought a new car though that I don't recall. I'm thinking that it is like $75 here.
God bless TX! Home of the Cowboys and $75 Cowboys Stadium parking. (And I'm a fan of the 'boys.)
Old 5/7/10, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
That's what I've read also. According to Edmunds, $50 is the max you can be charged for doc fees in Texas.
Old 5/7/10, 06:46 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
God bless TX! Home of the Cowboys and $75 Cowboys Stadium parking. (And I'm a fan of the 'boys.)
My brother-in-law works part-time for the company that provides event services for the new stadium so he doesn't have to pay to park.
Old 5/7/10, 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Make sure YOU see the paper with the a z d x plan and invoice prices on it. I also ask full price before I agree and always PREAPROVED at the bank ahead of time. Most time they use the same bank. Simple money transfer that way.............

I use X plan when there is rebates, i got $4K off X plan when we bought our 19yrld son the GT/CS.

They TRIED to add crap to the bill, said NO TO ALL.
Old 5/8/10, 12:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by twohitta
That's what I've read also. According to Edmunds, $50 is the max you can be charged for doc fees in Texas.
Maybe with X plan... but not a regular sale. I just purchased new from two different dealers that charged different doc fees, both more than $50. In fact, I just walked outside and verified that I paid Bluebonnet (New Braunfels) $150 on the Mustang. I'm pretty sure Jordan (San Antonio) charged $180, and a buddy that just bought a used Camry paid an odd amount like $107 in San Antonio.

Last edited by wannabe; 5/8/10 at 12:42 AM.
Old 5/8/10, 01:19 AM
Bullitt Member

what dealer was that if i may ask. i live north of austin by about 75 miles
Old 5/8/10, 07:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by treygil
AusTXMCA, so how much did that end up saving you? Around what, $500 or so?
Just trying to get an idea of the difference, if I can't find someone that can beat the X-plan in Houston (would be odd if I couldn't), then a trip to Austin would not be bad at all, some great places to drive up there!
It was more than $500 under invoice! I told them I was working through Mac Haik, and that was it - he said "we'll beat x-plan to get your business". I thought he was all lip service until I got the quote - gotta tell you - I was very impressed! PM me if you are interested in getting my sales guy's contact info

Quick Reply: Just a heads-up to anyone that is buying through X-plan