Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Installed the new UPR 4 chamber catch can.

Search this Thread

Old 10/14/15, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
In those pictures, I don't see it either. I've seen some of his youtube videos where he empties his catch can so I know he sometimes runs one. Maybe for this photo spread, he took it off.

Wayne
Old 10/14/15, 10:41 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,750 Posts
Originally Posted by TheReaper
Neither do I
Old 11/5/15, 05:40 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Wayne and company... Check it out.

Received my Bob's Ultimate Hose upgrade kit for my Air Oil Separator. Finally can get rid of those ugly cheap hoses and clamps, replacing them with quality AN fittings and braided hoses.

Any advice on how to mount in to the firewall? I'll be doing it tonight or this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Installed the new UPR 4 chamber catch can.-photo427.jpg  
Old 11/7/15, 11:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I just saw your post as I have been out of town on vacation with no computer. I believe you are supposed to drill holes in your firewall to mount the bracket that holds the can.

I like the look of the upgraded kit.

Wayne
Old 11/8/15, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Wayne and company... Check it out.

Received my Bob's Ultimate Hose upgrade kit for my Air Oil Separator. Finally can get rid of those ugly cheap hoses and clamps, replacing them with quality AN fittings and braided hoses.

Any advice on how to mount in to the firewall? I'll be doing it tonight or this weekend.
If you don't want to drill holes in your firewall, just don't use the bracket that came with your upgrade kit..

Use the bracket that came with your standard kit and mount to the existing firewall mounting tabs located right next to the plastic cowl cover just as I did or you can also mount your can behind the strut tower on your driver's side..

Although I still have the standard kit, you'll see how my Bob's can is mounted to the firewall without having to drill holes.. Here's a couple of pics to illustrate..

Old 11/9/15, 11:32 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 70monte
I just saw your post as I have been out of town on vacation with no computer. I believe you are supposed to drill holes in your firewall to mount the bracket that holds the can.

I like the look of the upgraded kit.

Wayne
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
If you don't want to drill holes in your firewall, just don't use the bracket that came with your upgrade kit..

Use the bracket that came with your standard kit and mount to the existing firewall mounting tabs located right next to the plastic cowl cover just as I did or you can also mount your can behind the strut tower on your driver's side..

Although I still have the standard kit, you'll see how my Bob's can is mounted to the firewall without having to drill holes.. Here's a couple of pics to illustrate..

Thanks so much guys! But I went ahead and drilled the holes in the firewall. Oh well, they're hidden anyways... plus I'll never be moving that, so it will be a permanent staple. Install went good. I love the new look. I should have done this sooner.

Before:

After:

Received, installed, and tested my new Ultimate Hose Upgrade kit for my Bob's separator. AN Fittings, braided hoses, and heat shrink clamps to go along with my firewall mount.

Much cleaner bay.

Old 11/9/15, 04:43 PM

Hey Burton ! Glad the install went well, as those braided hoses look great and give your engine bay a much cleaner look
Old 11/10/15, 07:39 AM
I Have No Life

Thanks Rocky!!! I still ask myself why I waited this long, or why I bothered getting the standard kit in the first place. Ugh. Stupid. I should have done it right the first time. I'm debating getting the driver side too, some time in the future...despite having virtually no oil collected there.
Old 11/10/15, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Thanks Rocky!!! I still ask myself why I waited this long, or why I bothered getting the standard kit in the first place. Ugh. Stupid. I should have done it right the first time. I'm debating getting the driver side too, some time in the future...despite having virtually no oil collected there.
Burton ! I really wouldn't bother getting a second can for the driver's side, as just as you mentioned, your virtually not collecting any oil there anyhow..

The only way your going to notice oil from the driver's side, is when the PCV valve closes vacuum at the intake manifold when running at WOT which will then cause increase crankcase pressure and re-rout blow by gases through the driver's side..

The solution is to run a pressure relief valve which will vent the crankcase pressure while running under WOT..

Which is why I went with the CFM performance billet valve cover breather kit for that very reason.. As it replaces the oil filler cap which also includes an integrated one way check valve that is fully compatible with the factory PCV system and is designed to stay completely closed during normal driving conditions while under vacuum but will then open during WOT in order to relieve any unwanted crankcase pressure, however the valve does not allow any airflow back into the crankcase at all..

I've been running the CFM kit along with my Bob's can and have not been disappointed at all..

In the meantime, here's some of my pics with the CFM unit and Bob's catch can installed with included links

http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepart...m#.VkJ6bByrSCU

http://www.svtperformance.com/2014/0...ine-breathers/

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/10/15 at 04:17 PM.