2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Incentive confusion and upcoming incentives?

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/14, 12:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So my dealer lied to me???!
Old 1/19/14, 12:46 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt

Hey Troy, I hate to tell you, but your dealer was lying to you. Ford changed the incentives on Factory Order units about 3-5 years ago. If you order a car, and the rebates at time of order are "X", and when it comes in, they drop to "Y", you don't lose out. Your guaranteed the rebates you ordered the car with AT MINIMUM. If they get better by the time the car comes in (usually the case lately), then you get more money off your car.

If the dealer told you they couldn't lock in or guarantee your rebates, they lied only to get a car they had in stock off their lot and floorplan. This is why I hate some dealers. The bad ones give the godd ones (my store and Brian's in Washingtons state for example, there are others too) a bad name.

I would NEVER force someone to take a car off my lot if they wanted to order a car. For us, we see it as guaranteed business down the line. I'm sorry you were forced to take something in stock. I hope it was close to what you would have ordered. With a Mustang, its a car that if you have any thoughts about ordering one vs taking out of stock, and don't mind the delay, order it. That way, its YOUR CAR!! No one drives it, it won't have a front-plate holder put on it (as long as you specify with the dealer), no test drive miles, and in the case of a plan sale, your last name on the label!
Thanks for the info!
Old 1/20/14, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Fordvehicles.com and then scroll down. On the bottom, where it says "Shopping tools", under it it says "research". the 2nd choice down, is Brochures and Guides. Click on this. Then your going to go to the vehicle menu. Pick Mustang, then it goes to a screen that shows Brochures, Guides, etc. Clock on "view detals". Then you have the choice of a digital via email or one by mail. Click mail and fill it out.
i followed this and choose email delivery. Recieved the email but no rebate??

Do i have to keep doing it with different emails until it generates a rebate or are they only sent out via "mailed brochures"

ONC AGAIN THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

Old 1/20/14, 07:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey bud, you have to keep trying. Also, select mail brochure too. Just keep doing it and even do it for other lines of models. The coupon is for any car no matter the brochure it comes on.
Old 1/20/14, 07:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012GT
So my dealer lied to me???!
Before I bought my current one... I almost ordered a 2014 GT-TP and all dealers that I talked to here in Houston said they could NOT lock in incentives or price until delivery...
Talked me right out the door.
Old 1/22/14, 10:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Krohn

Before I bought my current one... I almost ordered a 2014 GT-TP and all dealers that I talked to here in Houston said they could NOT lock in incentives or price until delivery...
Talked me right out the door.
Exactly
Old 1/22/14, 07:33 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford emailed me the 750 coupon. Did not even need to bring it with me to the dealer as Ford has a list of all the coupons they send out to potential buyers and the dealers can access the list. Yes just go to ford.com and ask for more info and give them your email address.

And yes the incentives are different for different areas of the country. A friend in Dallas told me their incentives were much higher that the 2,500 plus 750 I got in November.

I flew from NH to Columbia MD to buy mine from a huge dealer that was offering a price well below even the ford employee price. Volume dealers can do things my local dealer cannot. When I told my local salesperson what I was getting he said "must be a very large big city dealer". The MD dealer told me they have over 900 cars in stock! Made it worth the trip plus they had the exact car I was searching for. A base GT with only track pack and tech package in Grey. The final price before registration was only 28,900 on a car with a window sticker of 35,373.

And there are good dealers. Mine charged more that I knew they should have for my NH registration but the deal was so good I was ok. Two months later they sent me a check, without me asking, refunding the difference for the actual registration fees.