2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Incentive confusion and upcoming incentives?

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/14, 10:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incentive confusion and upcoming incentives?

Looking at some GT Premiums here, looks like according to most local dealers there is a $2000 cash back and another $1000 bonus cash incentive, and these expire on 3/31/14.

However, looking at inventory at www.grapevineford.com, they list $3000 in rebates for base GTs, and $4000 in rebates for all GT Premiums, and these rebates expire 2/26/14. Not plugging the dealer, just looking at their inventory since they are one of the largest and carry way more than any dealer up here in the north ever does, let alone in winter.

1) So, what are the real rebates available currently on a GT Premium?

2) Are we expecting rebates to get better or stay the same in Feb/March?
Old 1/13/14, 10:37 PM
GT Member

Take a look at Ford.com, they list it under incentives and offers. I my area either the GT or V6 is the same 1K cash back and 0% for 48 months or 3k cash back. May be different under your zip code.
Old 1/14/14, 10:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Rebates vary by location, so that one dealer could have different rebate offers from Ford. I'd call them

I would guess the rebates would get better as we get closer to 2015 production, especially after all the discussion this week with the Detroit show. But that's just my guess
Old 1/14/14, 12:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks guys, yeah the dealer in Texas is definitely not in my region (I'm in MN). You'd think in winter in the north, there would be better incentives than in the south since it's nearly impossible to move a Mustang in the north during winter (and even summer).
Old 1/14/14, 02:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
Thanks guys, yeah the dealer in Texas is definitely not in my region (I'm in MN). You'd think in winter in the north, there would be better incentives than in the south since it's nearly impossible to move a Mustang in the north during winter (and even summer).
Hey bud, if you can post your ZIP, I can run the incentives for your region.
Old 1/14/14, 03:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Bought my GT/CS beginning of Dec., the rebates offered were:
$4000 cash with 4.5% financing,
$3500 cash with 2%,
$2500 cash with 0%.
I took the 0%, ran the numbers and this was the best option.
Old 1/14/14, 03:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey bud, if you can post your ZIP, I can run the incentives for your region.
Can you help me? I'm going this weekend to the dealership. 46037

Thanks !!!
Old 1/14/14, 04:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So far with my $750 coupon my total rebates are up to $3,750...I hope they go up again before my car comes in...I will keep requesting a new $750 coupon up until my car comes in.....
Old 1/14/14, 04:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Request the catalog for a couple people in your family (at your address). I didn't get a $750 in my name, but my brother's catalog (addressed to him at my address) came with $750. Since it was one coupon per address, I was able to use his for my car since it was the same address.
Old 1/14/14, 05:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks guys, appreciate the posts. I did request a couple brochures the other night so hopefully one has the $750 coupon. Looks like the rebates here are $3k currently. If I do buy a Mustang I hopefully should be able to lock in current incentives and get better incentives at time of delivery if available.
Old 1/14/14, 05:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Can you help me? I'm going this weekend to the dealership. 46037

Thanks !!!
Sure thing Patrick. Glad to help. Shoot me a PM and I can look it up in the AM when we open back up (boss is turning out the lights as I type, lol). I'll be glad to see what you got available to you.

Jeff
Old 1/17/14, 10:50 AM

May I ask- how do you get the $750 coupon?
Old 1/17/14, 12:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Tri-J
May I ask- how do you get the $750 coupon?
Hey bud, you go on Fordvehicles.com & request a brochure. Sometimes they have a $750 coupon attached.
Old 1/17/14, 01:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JCStang
So far with my $750 coupon my total rebates are up to $3,750...I hope they go up again before my car comes in...I will keep requesting a new $750 coupon up until my car comes in.....
They don't "lock in" rebates on ordered cars. The rebates could be 0 when your car arrives. That's why I didn't order a 14' just recently. Dealers use this tactic to sell inventory on vehicles they already have and not have to always special order cars.
Old 1/17/14, 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2012GT
They don't "lock in" rebates on ordered cars. The rebates could be 0 when your car arrives. That's why I didn't order a 14' just recently. Dealers use this tactic to sell inventory on vehicles they already have and not have to always special order cars.
I beg to differ, Jeff in this thread locks in the better of the rebates, be it at time of order or time of delivery, as does the salesman I am working with. If the rebates go down, you get what the rebates were at the time of order, but if the rebates go up, you get the rebates at the time of delivery.

I'm thinking if the current rebates expire on 3/31, if you were to order today there's probably an 80% chance you will get the car before then and take the current rebates; therefore I would personally wait until next month to order, that pretty much guarantees that your car won't show until after 3/31, when a new rebate program is out. Basically if you can get the better of two rebates (time of order or time of delivery), it's best to time your order such that the time of order and time of delivery straddle two different rebate periods IMO. If I were to order today and my car came in at the end of March, I'd get $3k in rebates, but if I wait a few weeks and it comes in in April and rebates go up, I'll get those. If the rebates go down, no harm no foul I'd still get the rebates of today and be good either way.

The trick here is ordering before they quit taking orders for '14s, or before options start to balance out (become discontinued, such as Grabber Blue paint).

EDIT: I know rebates in my area are $3k currently, but I also know that other parts of the country currently have $4k rebates...I would wager that come April 1st, the rest of the country might get the $4k rebate. I don't know what happened last year, but I'm kind of expecting another $1k in rebates come April. That + if I can get a $750 coupon would put the car I was offered at **** near $7400 off MSRP (Invoice - $4k rebates - $750 coupon). That would be one hell of a deal for a special ordered car.

Last edited by puma1552; 1/17/14 at 03:05 PM.
Old 1/17/14, 06:31 PM

Where on the Ford site do you request a brochure? Thanks.
Old 1/17/14, 06:38 PM
Banned

They do. They did. Mine were.
Old 1/17/14, 07:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle

They do. They did. Mine were.
Same here. They lock you in for current rebates an if they are higher when you car arrives you get that but they are never lower than what they were when you ordered. If your dealer tries to tell you different, go elsewhere!
Old 1/18/14, 07:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Troy, I hate to tell you, but your dealer was lying to you. Ford changed the incentives on Factory Order units about 3-5 years ago. If you order a car, and the rebates at time of order are "X", and when it comes in, they drop to "Y", you don't lose out. Your guaranteed the rebates you ordered the car with AT MINIMUM. If they get better by the time the car comes in (usually the case lately), then you get more money off your car.

If the dealer told you they couldn't lock in or guarantee your rebates, they lied only to get a car they had in stock off their lot and floorplan. This is why I hate some dealers. The bad ones give the godd ones (my store and Brian's in Washingtons state for example, there are others too) a bad name.

I would NEVER force someone to take a car off my lot if they wanted to order a car. For us, we see it as guaranteed business down the line. I'm sorry you were forced to take something in stock. I hope it was close to what you would have ordered. With a Mustang, its a car that if you have any thoughts about ordering one vs taking out of stock, and don't mind the delay, order it. That way, its YOUR CAR!! No one drives it, it won't have a front-plate holder put on it (as long as you specify with the dealer), no test drive miles, and in the case of a plan sale, your last name on the label!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 1/18/14 at 07:41 AM.
Old 1/18/14, 07:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by kbmag1
Where on the Ford site do you request a brochure? Thanks.
Fordvehicles.com and then scroll down. On the bottom, where it says "Shopping tools", under it it says "research". the 2nd choice down, is Brochures and Guides. Click on this. Then your going to go to the vehicle menu. Pick Mustang, then it goes to a screen that shows Brochures, Guides, etc. Clock on "view detals". Then you have the choice of a digital via email or one by mail. Click mail and fill it out.

Quick Reply: Incentive confusion and upcoming incentives?