Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I'm torn, Opinions please!

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/13, 09:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get the white so sexy with a black roof and possibly a hood and trunk

you see those sexy blue cars on the forum and thats because we are the rare keep it clean people.

if you don't have a spare car go white for sure

Last edited by jdub2k5; 3/31/13 at 09:20 PM.
Old 3/31/13, 09:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
We went through the same dilemma when buying our car. I wanted black but already own a black Mustang. My wife really liked the candy red & DIB. At least, as long as it was in the bright sunshine. The candy red turned to dark, plain maroon in the shade or overcast. The DIB was the same. While it is an outstanding color in the bright sunlight, in the shade or overcast, it looses its zazzle.

I explained to my wife that the other bad thing about these nice metal flake colors is that when the car gets rock chips, it is hard to touch up and look good. I showed her the touchup on her metal flake Honda & she saw how hard it is to do a good touchup job.

So we ordered the white for our car.

However, the bumper color doesn't match the color of the metal panels. It seems more noticeable in the white since there is no metal flake to distract you.

So there are some things to consider. Also, there are a lot of DIB cars out there. For us, we wanted our car to be special. I'm betting that there are less than 10 cars produced in the color combination & option packages that we chose.

If you like, I could post a pic or you can check some of my posts for pics of a 2013 PW car.

Good luck making your decision; like you said, you'll have to live with it for a while.
Old 3/31/13, 09:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 551 Likes on 357 Posts
Originally Posted by Dhawk1313
So I'm purchasing a brand new 2014 Mustang V6 on Monday. I know what options I want. Just gonna go with the Performance Package, Illuminated Door Sills, and a Pedestal Spoiler. Pretty simple and that's all I can afford so it works :P. I have a HUGE problem though. I'm torn on the color. I'm gonna have the car for probably close to 6 years, so this is really difficult. I can't decide between Oxford White and Deep Impact Blue. Is there any reason I should get one over the other? Is one harder then the other to maintain? I know this greatly depends on what I personally like more, but I'd love to hear some opinions. I've looked at TONS of cars on here of each color and still can't decide. Any fellow members have any input or preference? Thank you!
Out of the 2, DIB, and it is now Oxford White. Also if you are getting a Base model the Door sill lights are dealer installed as well as the Pedestal Spoiler.

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Sorry, blue doesn't make purple without red.
But Blue with Lavender in it shows Purple under the right light conditions, True Blue, Charcoal Blue, Kona Blue and DIB all have Lavender added to it when it is mixed. Those are just the ones that I have looked at the recipe.
You would not believe what colors are added together to make a color, UA Black is actually shows Green on the sides of the mixing cup and has a lot of yellow in it.
Old 3/31/13, 09:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
If you want to see PW cars, go to
this thread: