Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

If I sit in a 2010 gt premium and a 2010 gt base will it be....

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/10, 01:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The_F5_Assassin
See... I am kinda leaning the same way. It seems like most of the premium stuff is all stuff I could change later anyway and actually have some fun picking the stuff out and putting it on. I am kinda leaning towards base and picking my own steering wheel, shifter ****, door insert, dash panel, etc out at a later date.
Drive both cars before making your decision. All the goodies are well worth the premium price, and it'll help with resale value. My friend's GT is a base interior and it feels like driving an entirely different vehicle. I guess I don't see any reason to skimp on the interior when it's where you sit 100% of the time you're driving.
Old 4/17/10, 03:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam2004
Drive both cars before making your decision. All the goodies are well worth the premium price, and it'll help with resale value. My friend's GT is a base interior and it feels like driving an entirely different vehicle. I guess I don't see any reason to skimp on the interior when it's where you sit 100% of the time you're driving.
If you like gizmos, sure. Most of this stuff I looked at once or twice and have not used since. Just wait until the power seat needs replacement, you wish you had the manual seat.

Resale value... not the $3K you spend on the Premium package.

My 2c.
Old 4/17/10, 05:38 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 825LTRGT
If you like gizmos, sure. Most of this stuff I looked at once or twice and have not used since. Just wait until the power seat needs replacement, you wish you had the manual seat.

Resale value... not the $3K you spend on the Premium package.

My 2c.
im not knocking you for wanting a base over a premium, but "wait till the power seat needs replacement"? lol C'mon thats a stretch, my current car is 11 years old and the seat motor is still going strong
Old 4/17/10, 08:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
im not knocking you for wanting a base over a premium, but "wait till the power seat needs replacement"? lol C'mon thats a stretch, my current car is 11 years old and the seat motor is still going strong
If I could have ordered one with manual windows, I would. I have replaced a few window motors in the past and it wasn't fun. Maybe these will hold up longer.

I just don't see the need for power this and that that gets used once or twice a month. Honestly, how often do you adjust your seat? And do you really need power to do it?

Some people like this sort of stuff and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not one of them. Ford did not give me the option on my '08.
Old 4/17/10, 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

If I could have ordered one with manual windows, I would. I have replaced a few window motors in the past and it wasn't fun. Maybe these will hold up longer.

I just don't see the need for power this and that that gets used once or twice a month. Honestly, how often do you adjust your seat? And do you really need power to do it?

Some people like this sort of stuff and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not one of them. Ford did not give me the option on my '08.
yeah im with you on power seats. we dont use them much. but power windows are a luxury i have to have in a stang. espeically since it will be a vert(top goes up and down a lot, so will windows) . but im with you on getting way too compliated. i personally dont see the need with radio controls on the steering wheel either.

if you guys like it thats cool too. i guess in the end there are ppl that want/need all that stuff and there are ppl like us happy with the base model.
Old 4/18/10, 04:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Has anybody made a non-power seat that you could adjust the height on?
Old 4/18/10, 04:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wannabe
Isn't the base Mustang GT manual seat height adjustable? I was under the impression it was, but I'm not positive. Ford says it is 4-way adjustable, I thought one of the adjustments was for height.
Old 4/18/10, 05:57 PM
GT Member

I know the 2010 base V6 seat is height adjustable, so I'd be surprised if the GT wasn't.
Old 4/19/10, 06:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I noticed the local dealer has a couple new 2010s on the lot... one loaded up GT manual and a base V6 auto. I may have to go look at and see how they do the seat on the V6. I like the other little trim niceties that came with the preimium package, but I considered powered seats a must have. If I can get past that, it might save me some bucks next time.
Old 4/30/10, 01:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

power seats are about as useful as a power clove compartment door! I adjusted my seat once or twice the week I got my car and haven't touched it since..

The ones with memory are useful though if it gets moved, too bad that's not an option at all, that would be worth it.

Originally Posted by wannabe
btw: all '05+ driver side seats are height adjustable

Last edited by cinque35; 4/30/10 at 01:04 PM.
Old 4/30/10, 01:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cinque35
power seats are about as useful as a power clove compartment door! I adjusted my seat once or twice the week I got my car and haven't touched it since..

The ones with memory are useful though if it gets moved, too bad that's not an option at all, that would be worth it.
My wife and I share cars, so the seats get adjusted almost daily. The real winner feature, not on the Mustang seats unfortunately, is seat memory. Had a Cadillac with that once, where my wife and I just pressed a button (different button for each of us) and the seat returned to our previously set positions. That was pretty cool.
Old 5/1/10, 03:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

If your dealer can find a way to get it done on a retail car (Its supposed to be a fleet option)....
18R Driver Ornamentation Package is the Leather Steering Wheel and Shift **** from the Premium for $195 MSRP.

Base Cloth Seats - 2007 GT Deluxe
Driver Side - Power Slide / Power Tilt / Manual Recline
Passenger Side - Manual Slide / Manual Recline
I think the 2010/2011 is the same way but I would confirm.

Last edited by Gene K; 5/1/10 at 04:01 PM.
Old 5/1/10, 05:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Gene K
If your dealer can find a way to get it done on a retail car (Its supposed to be a fleet option)....
18R Driver Ornamentation Package is the Leather Steering Wheel and Shift **** from the Premium for $195 MSRP.

Base Cloth Seats - 2007 GT Deluxe
Driver Side - Power Slide / Power Tilt / Manual Recline
Passenger Side - Manual Slide / Manual Recline
I think the 2010/2011 is the same way but I would confirm.
Actually I think they went to a manual drivers side seat when they switched from the "deluxe" to the "base" trim levels for the entry level Mustang GT, which happened in 2009 or 2010.
Old 5/1/10, 07:02 PM
GT Member

When I ordered my GT, I asked the Fleet Mgr if I could get the 18R and he said no. He also said that even if I did, it would delay my order since they only do fleet orders at certain times of the year. Not sure if true or not?