Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I knew I messed up mine yest!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/11, 10:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I knew I messed up mine yest!!

I took my grandma to eat @ my fav Chinese spot Fri. Habit to stop @ a 7/11 1st to get a drink. I of course back in. I was backing in & I thought of how I use mirrors more with 11 than any other car I've had. No excuses, I backed right into a bent large pole of a thing. Like mini St. Louis arch? I hit it hard!!

So hard I dropped couple of f bombs, which I never say in front of her. I so didn't want to go back & look @ it. I just did after maybe 3 minutes?

Not even a scratch!! With my brain injury I see what I want to see. I had her look to make sure. That back bumper did better than I thought it would have!! Go Ford!!!
Old 7/16/11, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phew, you had me worried man! I love your car. The Shaker looks amazing!!! If mine wasn't GB with white striped I'd rock the exact same setup!
Old 7/16/11, 11:07 PM
V6 Member

Good **** I know that feeling when in the car,you know you have to get out and face the fact at some point lol built ford tough
Old 7/17/11, 12:27 AM
Cobra R Member

Thing is I'm usually so careful with parking. My traumatic brain injury has made me very **** & OCD. I have to park with same spacing between the lines! I can be inside eating, look out @ car, always park & sit so I can see it. If it's a tiny bit off, I re-park it. When I hear you guys say you're kind of OCD, really?

I now can't & don't try & do 2 things @ once. No excuse, I just had too much going on. Had to to park in new area. Yes, that matters in my head.

There's no way that didn't hurt it. I can't say how fast I was going. Was @ a faster coast? I can't really remember it, prob better here.
Old 7/17/11, 12:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Genot, that may look not bad? Can you PS it on there? One thing going for you I think. It takes work to make stuff look bad on our cars. Sure it's been done. I know you too take much pride in your car, hard to mess that type up. Just my 2 cents. I'd @ least try it.
Old 7/17/11, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by eliyarbrough
Genot, that may look not bad? Can you PS it on there? One thing going for you I think. It takes work to make stuff look bad on our cars. Sure it's been done. I know you too take much pride in your car, hard to mess that type up. Just my 2 cents. I'd @ least try it.
I'm thinking about it now Eli. Especially after seeing yours. I just think the Grabber plus dual over the top white stripes, plus black shaker might be over load. It might also be the best combo ever also. I can't quite decide. If it didn't involve cutting the hood I'd have done it a long time ago.

Glad to hear built Ford tough isn't just a slogan any more. My 2000 F150 pranged a drainage ditch early on and was supported by the differential only and it hung there for a long while and never leaked. My 68 Mustang when I was a new driver tore a chunk out of a Chevy pickup when I was back out of a dark alley. Enough to make you curse loudly, but when you see it, eh that did nothing.

Oh yeah, 23K on my MT82 (since these Debby downer threads are popping up like crazy). Best transmission I've ever rowed and smoother shifting than a G37S. Yes its tuned.

More than anything, glad that car is OK man!
Old 7/17/11, 01:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Thanks! Mine's an auto, for health reasons. Coming back from Walmart today I got the 5% oil life message. It has like 9,800 miles? I don't drive it that much or far when I do. Just mainly to Post Office & back.

I didn't much like Fords, really. I just loved Mustangs. After driving my 5.0, how can I not love them? This car has rewrote how I think.

I'd @ least PhotoShop the Shaker on yours. What's the worst than can happen? Just think of what if it looks OK? I'm the glass 1/2 full type, think correct on our Stangs!!

Sorry, I don't have that or I would for you. I have many pics & I can retake @ certain angles if you need me to.
Old 7/17/11, 06:28 AM
Cobra R Member

I tried to add the back-up cam to my non-nav car 5 days after ordering it and was told it was already too late to change my order. "No biggie", I thought, but now that I have my 2012 coupe I can say I REALLY wished I'd gotten that back-up cam! It is more difficult to see out of when in reverse than was my '11 'vert (even with top up!). Not a huge difference, but I never missed the back-up cam as much when I had my 'vert.

When I get my GT500 rear spoiler I guess that'll make up for it.

Last edited by Double-EDad; 7/17/11 at 01:09 PM.
Old 7/17/11, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, I got bumped in the rear by an older guy in a small suv while in a toll plaza returning from Florida. Small scratch and that's it. I was surprised! 5mph bumper FTW!
Old 7/17/11, 09:55 AM
Cobra R Member

I don't know anything about them. In my situation, don't think that would have helped? I just kinda spaced out!!
Old 7/17/11, 01:08 PM
Bullitt Member

I would take it into a body shop ASAP there is almost definitely damage. I have had 2 cars rear ended while at a stand still for traffic lights. No visable damage at all. Took it to be looked at and one was 750 and the other 900 in damage. The bumper cover can hide damage. It can also be dangerous and the damage can make a rear impact worse due to beina lready compromised.
Old 7/17/11, 04:50 PM
Cobra R Member

My cousin/best friend is a body guy. He teaches this @ a Vo-Tech school. I told him this 1st. He said like I was lucky & that was all. I just asked him if I should have it looked @? I might have said it was worse/harder than it really was? For my new car, it was.

& not calling you a liar, too!! Thanks! I never thought of this.