Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I don't think this will buff out.

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/14, 01:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
This **** got old a long time ago. Why don't y'all just let it go...if you don't like AM , then block them. Problem solved.
Agreed. I used to come to this forum a lot, but it has degraded to the facebook of forums.
Old 7/24/14, 01:44 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Pete, I agree with Burton. I actually pointed him to the original post by AM because I thought it was a joke. It came across so smug. Whether or not it was intended to, I don't know, but it doesn't matter. I, and many other on TMS, have their own reservations regarding AM, and many will defend them to the death. Sorry, I choose to spend my money at other vendors, supporting vendors, who (in my opinion) do things better.
Originally Posted by typesredline
I'm with him Pete. I don't buy that the wheel was his original reason for posting. But when he was called out, it turned into the whole, "What guys? I'm just trying to offer a free wheel." I've seen AM do this before as well. They make overly eager, time insensitive posts and then play it off like they are offering free stuff.
Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate you speaking up. I know there's a lot of you that have had the same experience as me, and it's left a VERY sour taste in our mouths. So just like you called out that guy in the catch can, I feel I have the right to help out other unsuspecting forum members. And don't worry, I have nothing to sell (unlike that catch can guy) except "good faith".
Old 7/24/14, 01:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
**** people are too sensitive nowadays He's a salesman. He offered help. We all know what that means. Get off the sensitivity crap. ****ing ! Don't be candy asses. Be civil. But be men for ****s sake. This is why I wanna quit TMS and just lurk like I did back in the day.
I thought asses was blocked by the filter?

Old 7/24/14, 02:15 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not totaled?
Waiting on insurance to reply. Quote just uploaded last night.
Old 7/24/14, 02:22 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
So it's not totaled? Thank GOD, since this is the car you like the most!

I don't know what I would do if I totaled my 2014. I'd weep. That's for sure. But if my only other choices were to get a 2015 Mustang, or a Camaro..... I'd go with a used Corvette.
Old 7/24/14, 02:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
And don't worry, I have nothing to sell (unlike that catch can guy) except "good faith".
I see what you did there....lol!
Old 7/24/14, 02:42 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by skramblr
Waiting on insurance to reply. Quote just uploaded last night.
Ooooohhhh. I see it now. You got the highest quote and sent it to them and are waiting for them to total or not based on your quote. I'm used to the ins co sending out its own adjuster to determine this. State Farm doesn't do that?

Last edited by typesredline; 7/24/14 at 02:45 PM.
Old 7/24/14, 02:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by typesredline
Ooooohhhh. I see it now. You got the highest quote and sent it to them and are waiting for them to total or not. I'm used to the ins co sending out its own adjuster. State Farm doesn't do that?
I have SF and that's what they did when my 00 V6 got hit. Maybe both cars were covered by SF this time, so they wanted a 3rd party to do the quotes to remain impartial?
Old 7/24/14, 02:46 PM
Cobra Member

I have SF and that's what they did when my 00 V6 got hit. Maybe both cars were covered by SF this time, so they wanted a 3rd party to do the quotes to remain impartial?
That makes sense. Or maybe the other guys grandma is still waiting in the phone que?
Old 7/25/14, 06:37 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
**** people are too sensitive nowadays

He's a salesman. He offered help. We all know what that means. Get off the sensitivity crap. ****ing ! Don't be candy asses. Be civil. But be men for ****s sake.
Just trying to help out where I can-For the record we're not commission based here nor do I get a "pat on the back" for doing good deeds! Just offering help where I can as I've done this before and I've been in the position and it's not fun. We are here to bend over backwards for customers so if there's ever something that I can help out with please don't hesitate to contact me here. I'm a PM away.

Alex
Old 7/25/14, 08:27 PM
GT Member

And the settlement came today. Car is totaled and they gave me $30k. Looking to add $10-15K more and get new.

Now time to go shopping, but sure is tough finding a new fully optioned 2014. 90% of what is left out there are V6, Base GT, or premiums without many options.

Seaeching online for a Steeda or Roush Stage 2 is also very difficult to find one with options installed.

Last edited by skramblr; 7/25/14 at 08:28 PM.
Old 7/25/14, 08:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

And the settlement came today. Car is totaled and they gave me $30k. Looking to add $10-15K more and get new. Now time to go shopping, but sure is tough finding a new fully optioned 2014. 90% of what is left out there are V6, Base GT, or premiums without many options. Seaeching online for a Steeda or Roush Stage 2 is also very difficult to find one with options installed.
Omg man hit up Brian in Bowen Scarff Ford! They have multiple colors identical to my 2014 and they're just up in Kent, Washington! Amazing deals too! Recaros, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav and Backup Cam! Last I checked, they had SGM, White and DIB!!
Old 7/25/14, 09:56 PM
Cobra Member

And the settlement came today. Car is totaled and they gave me $30k. Looking to add $10-15K more and get new. Now time to go shopping, but sure is tough finding a new fully optioned 2014. 90% of what is left out there are V6, Base GT, or premiums without many options. Seaeching online for a Steeda or Roush Stage 2 is also very difficult to find one with options installed.
Bitter sweet news. That's a lot of dough. Was the car paid off aka is the entire $30k yours?

If so, you could get a fully loaded 15MY cash. Or 2014 GT500?

Last edited by typesredline; 7/25/14 at 09:57 PM.
Old 7/26/14, 12:52 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 596 Likes on 429 Posts
And the settlement came today. Car is totaled and they gave me $30k. Looking to add $10-15K more and get new.

Now time to go shopping, but sure is tough finding a new fully optioned 2014. 90% of what is left out there are V6, Base GT, or premiums without many options.

Seaeching online for a Steeda or Roush Stage 2 is also very difficult to find one with options installed.
Thank God. I know you loved that car/color/body style. etc. but I wouldn't have touched that thing with a 10 foot pole. I would have been praying every night that it was totaled. I would have been sick if they would have wanted to fix it for me. You couldn't have given that ****er away a couple years down the road if you decided to sell it.
Old 7/26/14, 06:07 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Find a good used 2012 in Kona!

Who has one that would see theirs?

Hmmmm

Thinking...

Who has a really hot looking kona that would sell it...

Hmmmmm

Nope.

Can't think of any

Old 7/26/14, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait, do you still have to pay 15k off of the loan? If not, I would shoot for a slightly used 2013 GT500 or a Boss.
Old 7/26/14, 08:11 AM
GT Member

Loan only had 5k on it, so I've got $40k to play with for a replacement.

@laserred38 - thanks for the tip about Bowen Scarff Ford. The recaros will be a deal breaker for my wife. They have 6 cars with the electronics package, but only 1 without recaros and it's black. Not a fan of black (had one before), but something to think about.
Old 7/26/14, 08:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Loan only had 5k on it, so I've got $40k to play with for a replacement. @laserred38 - thanks for the tip about Bowen Scarff Ford. The recaros will be a deal breaker for my wife. They have 6 cars with the electronics package, but only 1 without recaros and it's black. Not a fan of black (had one before), but something to think about.
Ah I see. You want the Comfort Package eh? I have the Recaros and I'm thinking about adding the heated seat elements to them, but my fiancée says she's fine with the seats as is - and she's *always* cold. I got the Electronics Pack though, which includes dual zone climate control, so she's always got the temp 5-10* higher than me - that pretty much kept her satisfied with not having heated seats...
Old 7/26/14, 02:29 PM
Cobra Member

Loan only had 5k on it, so I've got $40k to play with for a replacement. @laserred38 - thanks for the tip about Bowen Scarff Ford. The recaros will be a deal breaker for my wife. They have 6 cars with the electronics package, but only 1 without recaros and it's black. Not a fan of black (had one before), but something to think about.
Wow that sucks. Granted in not a recaro fan either (too fat). But for a good deal. I mean you'd be talking about not having a car loan.
Old 7/26/14, 02:35 PM
Cobra Member

Ah I see. You want the Comfort Package eh? I have the Recaros and I'm thinking about adding the heated seat elements to them, but my fiancée says she's fine with the seats as is - and she's *always* cold. I got the Electronics Pack though, which includes dual zone climate control, so she's always got the temp 5-10* higher than me - that pretty much kept her satisfied with not having heated seats...
Just got home from a July autoX. Good lord! I have never considered the 2015 GT more than today, just for the seat coolers. My shorts looked like I jumped in a pool.

Quick Reply: I don't think this will buff out.