2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I don't think this will buff out.

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/14, 07:50 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Marilyn would be a nice upgrade for sure!

I was only going ~40mph when passing (guy in front was going slow... Sunday driving). You got it right I was passing on the left and someone pulled out from my left. I hit the brakes and dodged back toward my lane but I think he never saw me and kept coming out. From where the axle hit the ground (divet in the pavement) I was about 18" from getting back over. Darn.

Looking at the damage, its mostly skin deep on the door/fender - then it caught the rear tire and ripped the wheel/axle out. The inner axle was still attached to the wheel and the outer axle popped out of the pumpkin. It looks much worse than it really is - but the damage at the door pillar is what is the concern. If it buckled then its all over.
Old 7/23/14, 05:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by skramblr
Marilyn would be a nice upgrade for sure! I was only going ~40mph when passing (guy in front was going slow... Sunday driving). You got it right I was passing on the left and someone pulled out from my left. I hit the brakes and dodged back toward my lane but I think he never saw me and kept coming out. From where the axle hit the ground (divet in the pavement) I was about 18" from getting back over. Darn. Looking at the damage, its mostly skin deep on the door/fender - then it caught the rear tire and ripped the wheel/axle out. The inner axle was still attached to the wheel and the outer axle popped out of the pumpkin. It looks much worse than it really is - but the damage at the door pillar is what is the concern. If it buckled then its all over.
Definitely his fault not yours.
Old 7/23/14, 07:48 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Let the man grieve for a little bit will ya? You're already in here trying to swoop him to contact you to buy MORE parts to put on his car? How exactly will you "help" him? By selling stuff to him?
You guys are ridiculous. Another reason why you'll never get my business. And you mask it by offering him consolation? .... You're always "first" to solicit business, yet somehow, once you hook em in, your "service" ends there. It's really pathetic.
Hey-Sorry about the misunderstanding here but I was going to have the OP's wheels replaced for him on good faith if he were to have issues with insurance. At this rate it's looking like he isn't going to have any problem there! We're always here to help out where we can and we're not commission based either! Let me know if you have any questions about this or if there was something that I can help you with, shoot me a PM and I'm here to bend over backwards for you.

Alex

Last edited by AMAlexLazarus; 7/23/14 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 7/23/14, 08:34 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey-Sorry about the misunderstanding here but I was going to have the OP's wheels replaced for him on good faith if he were to have issues with insurance. At this rate it's looking like he isn't going to have any problem there! We're always here to help out where we can and we're not commission based either! Let me know if you have any questions about this or if there was something that I can help you with, shoot me a PM and I'm here to bend over backwards for you.

Alex
Thanks Alex, I'll send you a PM if something comes up and I need your help. Insurance is paying for the repairs (still waiting on a quote). One AM wheel, an LCA and the GT 500 exhaust are the aftermarket parts (<6 mo old) that are definitely toast. But I think insurance will cover it all.
Old 7/23/14, 08:45 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks Alex, I'll send you a PM if something comes up and I need your help. Insurance is paying for the repairs (still waiting on a quote). One AM wheel, an LCA and the GT 500 exhaust are the aftermarket parts (<6 mo old) that are definitely toast. But I think insurance will cover it all.
You could always accept Alex's goodwill and then pocket the ins money. I don't think there is technically anything wrong about that, legally speaking.
Old 7/23/14, 08:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus

Alex
Alex,
You and AM have always been great to deal with, provided good discounts to forum members, and have a great and more than fair return policy. What "From Z to 5" said IMHO was not something that should of been said in this thread. You have and will continue to have my business & respect.

Skrambler,
I am very sorry that this happened however I am very glad that you are OK. Your Mustang can be replaced or maybe fixed, however being able to walk away from an accident without serious injury is the most important thing.

Take care gentlemen,
Phil
Old 7/23/14, 07:28 PM
CBJ
V6 Member

Is it a crazy idea to take money toward a 13/14 and swap the hood and front with your 12.
Old 7/23/14, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Totaled? Let us know.
Old 7/24/14, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor

You're very welcome sir. Keep me in the loop if anything. I've been in the position before and from top to bottom it's a nuisance of a headache between phone calls, paper work, finding rides. Small bump in the road and it'll pass soon!

Alex
Old 7/24/14, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by typesredline
You could always accept Alex's goodwill and then pocket the ins money. I don't think there is technically anything wrong about that, legally speaking.
Oh, Yeah! :-), I think just the one would be fine though!

Originally Posted by Phil_R
Alex,
You and AM have always been great to deal with, provided good discounts to forum members, and have a great and more than fair return policy. What "From Z to 5" said IMHO was not something that should of been said in this thread. You have and will continue to have my business & respect.
Take care gentlemen,
Phil
Hey Phil,

Thank you very much for the kind comments-I've been with AM for over 3 years and we're all car people here-We hate to see and hear about problems with our cars like this and if we can help, we will! This is just a kind gesture on my end and I think I may have just come off wrong. Thanks again for the feedback I really appreciate it!

Alex
Old 7/24/14, 12:07 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You guys...

Let the man grieve for a little bit will ya? You're already in here trying to swoop him to contact you to buy MORE parts to put on his car? How exactly will you "help" him? By selling stuff to him?

Way to jump the gun...
Old 7/24/14, 12:07 PM
GT Member

Got the high level estimate filed with State farm. Came in at $19.7k. With the axle coming apart, there was some extra damage under the card (need bottom pan replaced).
Old 7/24/14, 12:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Got the high level estimate filed with State farm. Came in at $19.7k. With the axle coming apart, there was some extra damage under the card (need bottom pan replaced).
Not totaled?
Old 7/24/14, 12:37 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
Way to jump the gun...
Sorry Pete... no jumping the gun here. I stand by my claims. I've seen this "damage control" far too many times, including to me. For the sake of the OP, I won't comment further. But let's just say, I've seen this crap WAY too many times from them. When called out, they change their tune. Ask me how I know. I'll pm you sometime. I know other folks that see right through their B.S. If anything, the OP got his "free" wheel replacement for a "reason". Let's leave it at that.
Old 7/24/14, 01:14 PM
Cobra Member

Good lord! That's like over 90% of what it's worth. Why no total?
Old 7/24/14, 01:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Way to jump the gun...
Pete, I agree with Burton. I actually pointed him to the original post by AM because I thought it was a joke. It came across so smug. Whether or not it was intended to, I don't know, but it doesn't matter. I, and many other on TMS, have their own reservations regarding AM, and many will defend them to the death. Sorry, I choose to spend my money at other vendors, supporting vendors, who (in my opinion) do things better.
Old 7/24/14, 01:20 PM
Cobra Member

Sorry Pete... no jumping the gun here. I stand by my claims. I've seen this "damage control" far too many times, including to me. For the sake of the OP, I won't comment further. But let's just say, I've seen this crap WAY too many times from them. When called out, they change their tune. Ask me how I know. I'll pm you sometime. I know other folks that see right through their B.S. If anything, the OP got his "free" wheel replacement for a "reason". Let's leave it at that.
I'm with him Pete. I don't buy that the wheel was his original reason for posting. But when he was called out, it turned into the whole, "What guys? I'm just trying to offer a free wheel."

I've seen AM do this before as well. They make overly eager, time insensitive posts and then play it off like they are offering free stuff.
Old 7/24/14, 01:31 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
This **** got old a long time ago. Why don't y'all just let it go...if you don't like AM , then block them. Problem solved.
Old 7/24/14, 01:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
This **** got old a long time ago. Why don't y'all just let it go...if you don't like AM , then block them. Problem solved.
I don't need to respond to every thread they post in...like I said, I vote with my money. But this time, it just made me shake my head.
Old 7/24/14, 01:37 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
**** people are too sensitive nowadays

He's a salesman. He offered help. We all know what that means. Get off the sensitivity crap. ****ing ! Don't be candy asses. Be civil. But be men for ****s sake.

This is why I wanna quit TMS and just lurk like I did back in the day.

Quick Reply: I don't think this will buff out.