2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I don't think this will buff out.

Old 7/21/14, 04:31 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't think this will buff out.

Someone pulled out an hit me when I was passing a car. Doesn't look good for my car. Jury is out until they tear into it.

I don't think this will buff out.-2014-07-20-08.29.34.jpg

I don't think this will buff out.-2014-07-19-15.13.55.jpg
Old 7/21/14, 04:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Wow that sucks buddy. Looks totaled. You want a leftover 14 or new 15?
Old 7/21/14, 04:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Ouch! That really sucks.
Old 7/21/14, 06:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Drag. Where did they pull out from?
Old 7/21/14, 06:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
TWSS
Old 7/21/14, 07:05 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Wow that sucks buddy. Looks totaled.
Inclined to agree. I'm a retired auto insurance adjuster and the majority of damage based on the pic is obvious to me, and will be obvious to the shop and adjuster in person. I don't think there's any need for a teardown. You took a hard hit.

Good luck

Tom
Old 7/21/14, 07:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 587 Likes on 421 Posts
Who's fault was it?
Old 7/21/14, 07:36 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Hopefully they total it and you can get a new one!
Old 7/21/14, 08:35 PM
GT Member

I'm kinda torn on this one. 2012 was my favorite model year and finding another Kona blue GT with all the options (except Brembo and Recaros) and low miles is not going to be easy. Don't want a 2015 (first year of a new model). Don't like the 2013/2014 as much. If I do end up getting a new one, it has to be an upgrade.
Old 7/21/14, 08:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by skramblr
I'm kinda torn on this one. 2012 was my favorite model year and finding another Kona blue GT with all the options (except Brembo and Recaros) and low miles is not going to be easy. Don't want a 2015 (first year of a new model). Don't like the 2013/2014 as much. If I do end up getting a new one, it has to be an upgrade.
I hear ya. I love my 14, but I still love the 11-12 body style. I love my taillights and interior upgrades though! Recaros and HIDs etc.
Old 7/22/14, 07:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Drive way? Business? side road? uncontrolled intersection?
Old 7/22/14, 08:13 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Someone pulled out an hit me when I was passing a car. Doesn't look good for my car. Jury is out until they tear into it.

Attachment 162364

Attachment 162365

Yikes, That's no good and I'm sorry to see that! I'm hoping there were no injuries here and if there's anything I can help out with don't hesitate to shoot me a PM, I'm always here to help.

Alex
Old 7/22/14, 09:14 AM
GT Member

Drive way? Business? side road? uncontrolled intersection?
He pulled out of a side street, but I was starting to pass in a place I shouldn't have. So fault is either shared or all on me. We'll see what they decide.
Old 7/22/14, 09:28 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I know someone with a kona blue and a supercharger in it, maybe he'd sell! He's on this site. From9to5 or something like that

(doesn't look after it very well though)

Seriously though, glad you are ok and sad about the car. I hope you get what you really want for it!
Old 7/22/14, 09:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I know someone with a kona blue and a supercharger in it, maybe he'd sell! He's on this site. From9to5 or something like that (doesn't look after it very well though) Seriously though, glad you are ok and sad about the car. I hope you get what you really want for it!
I know who you're talking about. That poor car is trashed!
Old 7/22/14, 12:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kona Boss? That'd be an upgrade while keeping your year & color preference
Old 7/22/14, 12:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I've seen it also. It's down right filthy and in need of a good detail. That's minor tho.
Old 7/22/14, 12:21 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. Yeah, I always worry about passing like that. I've done it on a few occasions, legal passing zone, clear path. But the side streets, people just pull out. If you were passing before they pull out, and then they do, and hit you, I'd assume it's their fault, and their insurance pays for everything. Judging from the pics, you were passing on the left, some guy pulls out from the perpendicular lane, then hits your driver's side. Ugh... people...

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I know someone with a kona blue and a supercharger in it, maybe he'd sell! He's on this site. From9to5 or something like that

(doesn't look after it very well though)

Seriously though, glad you are ok and sad about the car. I hope you get what you really want for it!
Who IS that guy??? I hear he's a total loser.

p.s. get it right Darren, FromZto5, from9to5??? LOL. What am I, a cubicle prisoner? It's Zto5 because I had a Nissan 370Z. white one. Great car, but after a test drive in a 5.0, well, you know what happened then

Totally trashed... indeed. Looks like crap. And slow. hehe.

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Yikes, That's no good and I'm sorry to see that! I'm hoping there were no injuries here and if there's anything I can help out with don't hesitate to shoot me a PM, I'm always here to help.

Alex
You guys...

Let the man grieve for a little bit will ya? You're already in here trying to swoop him to contact you to buy MORE parts to put on his car? How exactly will you "help" him? By selling stuff to him?

You guys are ridiculous. Another reason why you'll never get my business. And you mask it by offering him consolation? .... You're always "first" to solicit business, yet somehow, once you hook em in, your "service" ends there. It's really pathetic.
Old 7/22/14, 12:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
He pulled out of a side street, but I was starting to pass in a place I shouldn't have. So fault is either shared or all on me. We'll see what they decide.
From the damage and impact it looks like they were going a decent speed. I'm guessing that you were changing lanes left and he was coming across? In that case, he is obligated to stop in the middle and even though you were both "changing direction," you had the right of way.

Last edited by typesredline; 7/22/14 at 12:30 PM.
Old 7/22/14, 12:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Sorry to hear about this. Yeah, I always worry about passing like that. I've done it on a few occasions, legal passing zone, clear path. But the side streets, people just pull out. If you were passing before they pull out, and then they do, and hit you, I'd assume it's their fault, and their insurance pays for everything. Judging from the pics, you were passing on the left, some guy pulls out from the perpendicular lane, then hits your driver's side. Ugh... people... Who IS that guy??? I hear he's a total loser. p.s. get it right Darren, FromZto5, from9to5??? LOL. What am I, a cubicle prisoner? It's Zto5 because I had a Nissan 370Z. white one. Great car, but after a test drive in a 5.0, well, you know what happened then Totally trashed... indeed. Looks like crap. And slow. hehe. You guys... Let the man grieve for a little bit will ya? You're already in here trying to swoop him to contact you to buy MORE parts to put on his car? How exactly will you "help" him? By selling stuff to him? You guys are ridiculous. Another reason why you'll never get my business. And you mask it by offering him consolation? .... You're always "first" to solicit business, yet somehow, once you hook em in, your "service" ends there. It's really pathetic.

And lol from9to5 cracked me up. It's cuz you're always on TMS!

And seriously, I guess if he gets his car totaled and gets a new one, they're there so he can buy new mods when he's already out how much money out of pocket?

Judging from the pics, you were almost done with your pass - he hit you left rear, this should be the other driver's fault.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I don't think this will buff out.