2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I can't believe this! My new car...

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/11 | 03:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Re-thinking my earlier post! It is a new car, should be perfect!! As soon S I bought mine, I went to mechanics & put it on the rack. Saw those resonators, just figured they were like that for some reason. Sorry it took so long to get this to sink in what you said! I hope you can get it all lined out.

But, please post pics of it!!!
Old 5/10/11 | 03:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Silverback
They have to give you a free loaner at least!
Only if you have the extended warranty. Otherwise they don't have to give you a loaner. As a courtesy most dealers will give you a loaner if you purchased the vehicle from them, but it's not a dealer obligation.

Last edited by Adam; 5/10/11 at 06:29 PM.
Old 5/10/11 | 05:31 PM
GT Member

I picked up my car new with 9 km. For the first 100 or so KM I smelled burnt oil too, at one point really bad inside my car too.. It went away after that and hasn't come back since so I'm guessing I really had the "new car smell", the real one!
Old 5/10/11 | 05:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey guys. Just back from work. Ok, the general manager from the dealership called me first thing this morning (I left a message last night) and was very apologetic and said he'd get a rollback up here right away.

I snapped the pic while I had the car in the driveway waiting on the tow. The sun was shining directly on it and it looks kind of washed out. I'll have to experiment with the lighting when I get it back because I read on here this color is hard to photograph accurately and it's true! But when the rollback showed up, both the tow guys commented on what a beautiful color it is.

A little after that the service manager called me and confirmed that it's definitely trans fluid. I was starting to think maybe it could be coolant because they're using a red colored coolant now instead of the gold color that was in my '05. She thinks it could be something like a burr on the torque converter that damaged the seal, but whatever it is they're going to have to drop the trans.

She also said no one thought it was the same car that they just sold yesterday because when the tech started it up they heard it has aftermarket exhaust on it. I replied that the new 5.0 is a sweet motor and it needs to be heard. She laughed and said I must have had a visit from the muffler fairy.

So, I'm getting a ride in tomorrow morning to pickup the loaner. Hopefully they'll get it fixed up because I am absolutely dieing to drive it and hear how the Hushpowers sound. Moving the car from the garage to the driveway really doesn't cut it.
Old 5/10/11 | 06:31 PM
Cobra R Member

GB is difficult to photograph from my experience.
Old 5/10/11 | 10:56 PM
Cobra R Member

It is a sweet looking car!! Can't wait to see more of it fixed up.
Old 5/11/11 | 07:26 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Beautiful!!! You'll never be able to get the true GB color in a picture. For the bolts on the transmission pan to be so loose is a very bad QC mistake. Let us know how it goes.
Old 5/13/11 | 07:46 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by Keystone
OK, so I cut out of work early to pickup the Grabber Blue 2012. The dealer did a beautiful job prepping it. It was clean, shiny, and read to go. When I was looking it over I noticed that some knuckle head at the factory put a big scratch in the door jam when installing the detent piece and just let it go that way.

No big deal. The dealer offered to have their body shop take care of it, but I accepted a tube of touch up paint instead because I was anxious to get out of there with the new car.

On the drive home I had the windows down and more than once noticed a burning smell, kind of like oil. I figured it was just the manufacturing oils on the exhaust burning off and didn't think anything of it.

So I get it home and immediately jack up the back to put the Hushpowers on. Passenger side is a piece of cake but the drivers side didn't want to line up right. While I'm working on getting the tips lined up, I look forward and notice that the driver's side resonator is bashed in.

** EDIT: I've been informed the next two pics are normal. Sorry for thinking this was a problem. **

Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe it was damaged in transit so I start looking around underneath to see if anything else and messed up, and that's when I notice it's leaking trans fluid!

I'm not even angry about this. Just so, so disappointed. I traded my '05 that was a super reliable car and also traded an equally reliable 2005 F-150 work truck. At least the weather is going to be nice so I can take the motorcycle into work the rest of the week. Anyway, just had to vent. Hopefully everything gets taken care of.
Hi Keystone,

This is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I’m glad to hear you are working closely with your dealer. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to message me with your contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealer.

Deysha
Old 5/13/11 | 10:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That sucks bud. Hope they fix it up right. I test drove a 12 Focus the other day. What is with the new red coolant?? Why do they change it every few years?? We have a 98 F150, my 00 V6 Mustang, 03 Focus and 08 Fusion. We have to keep the green and gold coolant around, and we may pick up a 12 Focus or Fiesta soon...which both have red! It's really annoying to have to keep 3 different coolants on hand!
Old 5/14/11 | 06:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi Keystone,

This is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I’m glad to hear you are working closely with your dealer. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to message me with your contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealer.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha. The dealer has been great. Just talked to the service manager yesterday afternoon and the only issue now is finding a new torque converter. Apparently they're a little scarce.

She said they could just replace the seal, but their concern is that if there is some defect on the converter that caused the seal to become damaged, it would just start leaking all over again.

I think the reason they didn't pick up on the leak initially is because in the roughly 20 miles that were on it, what little fluid leaked, just accumulated in the bellhousing of the trans. I put about 20 more miles on driving home, then when I jacked the back up to put the new mufflers on, what was in the bellhousing came running out.
Old 5/15/11 | 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by ZXMustang
Scratches all over the radio display, very bad.
I have that as well.
Old 5/16/11 | 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Keystone
Thanks Deysha. The dealer has been great. Just talked to the service manager yesterday afternoon and the only issue now is finding a new torque converter. Apparently they're a little scarce.

She said they could just replace the seal, but their concern is that if there is some defect on the converter that caused the seal to become damaged, it would just start leaking all over again.

I think the reason they didn't pick up on the leak initially is because in the roughly 20 miles that were on it, what little fluid leaked, just accumulated in the bellhousing of the trans. I put about 20 more miles on driving home, then when I jacked the back up to put the new mufflers on, what was in the bellhousing came running out.
Glad to hear they are working with you Keystone. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to message me.

Deysha
Old 5/16/11 | 06:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Glad to hear they are working with you Keystone. If you need any help, please do not hesitate to message me.

Deysha
That's KEITH. STONE.
Attached Images  
Old 5/16/11 | 07:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Old 5/17/11 | 09:20 AM

LOL!! You guys are so bad!! lol!!

Deysha
Old 5/18/11 | 12:26 PM
Cobra R Member

How's the car?
Old 7/15/11 | 09:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Me too!!

My tranny is leaking in the same area. It's going in next week for the trans leak and for the paint related problems I've had since I picked the car up from dealer.
It really stinks to have a new car and it is leaking fluid all over my garage. The ford service rep for my dealer is coming in next week and hopefully I'll get all of this stuff rectified in one visit. I do love the car though and the roush axle backs are awesome. If i get these things fixed Ill be a happy camper.
Old 7/16/11 | 07:44 AM
Cobra R Member

Thanks to this thread & others on TMS my direction to the salesman for pre-delivery inspection was to make SURE the tranny wasn't leaking anything. Then before I drove it away I checked the oil level to make sure I wasn't shorted there.

My passenger side dashboard airbag panel was slighrtly dented & mis-aligned, requiring the dealer to order a new part. Looks to me like those proud men & women of UAW who built the car need to be a little more careful on the assembly line.
Old 7/16/11 | 10:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Looks to me like those proud men & women of UAW who built the car need to be a little more careful on the assembly line.
Glad you got your car back...

Sorry about the continued "issues"... Maybe Ford borrowed some of the Chrysler UAW workers who were partying in the parking lot during lunch with booze 'n' a blunt....

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...during-lunch/1

Last edited by jimmbbo; 7/16/11 at 10:48 AM.