Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

THE HOLD/DELAY THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/09, 12:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THE HOLD/DELAY THREAD

I had placed my order in the system for a 2010 Mustang GT June 8th and was told 6-7 weeks for delivery. It's now been 14. And have been given 3 dates, all of which were further and further... Now they told me "for sure"... Sept. 21st. Making for a 15 week (4+ month however you want to look at it) delivery time. I've been told back orders on the 19 inch machined rims, HID lights, and tho not on mine, the track pack was apparently causing issues...

So I figured that 'b to-the itching' to the dealer wasn't going to help any bit (both for me and them...) and have been pretty cool about the whole ordeal - for it's FORD'S issues... but of course I'm frustrated.

So anyone else who has experienced or is experiencing something of the like, may also wish to share or relay info that's relative so everyone can know what's up and how prevalent it is.
Old 9/21/09, 06:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Shocking!!!
It didn't come today...
But, "probably sometime this week tho"...

Get it together ford.
16 weeks isn't cool.
Old 9/21/09, 07:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 2005 Mustang GT, ordered on 10/20/04 and drove it home 12/28/04, so this December the car will be 5 years old. The wait for car to arrive seemed to take forever, but once it arrives and you drive it off the lot it will be well worth the wait.
I was told 6 to 8 weeks for my car, and I went thru delays as well waiting for the car to arrive.

I'm sorry that it's coming up on 4 months waiting for your car, but be happy that you were not one of the 1st placing orders for the 05 (starting in May of 04). The 05's started rolling off the assembly line in August of 04,and the cars didn't start arriving until (if I remember correctly) September or October)...so that's around a 6 month wait for some people.

My suggestion, drive to the dealer and see if someone can help you find out where the car is (or you can call Ford Customer Care and talk to them).

Hopfully you can get some answers from someone (build/ship/estimated arrival date).
Good Luck!
Old 9/21/09, 07:24 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What a change from last year. I place my order thru the Dealer 12.6.07 and the car was built 1.09 and delivered 2.06 - 8 weeks.

Must be the domino's of layoffs & banko's at suppliers and such causing delay.
Old 9/21/09, 09:13 PM

I ordered mine on July 23rd and just found out about a week ago that the delivery date is now the first week in October. I am looking at 10-11 weeks after the dealer told me it would be 6-8. Although it is not 15 weeks I know how frustrating it can be especially with winter coming fast. Hopefully they both find there way to the dealer soon. Good luck.
Old 9/21/09, 10:31 PM
Post *****

Well just keep remembering... it's going to be soooo worth it when it arrives!

Heck, there was so much snow where I live, when my Bullitt was delivered, I couldn't bring it home for 3 months. I had to garage it an hour away down in the valley. I would have to take a drive to take a drive. LOL
Old 9/25/09, 06:09 PM
V6 Member

ordered mine on 8/03/09 and dont even have a build date yet! I'm thinking about cancelling now and just waiting for an '11 (unless I change my mind and go for something else). No point in waiting forever for a sports car to come in just before winter. Especially one that'll be obsolete 6 months later (5.0 engine). I'm gonna give em 1 more week to at least give me a build date. that will make 2 months, no reason why it should take this long for a car thats been in production for a while now.

Best part is I have a lease that is up 10/02/09. Thanks Ford!

* ordered machined alum rims and also the prem 401a int, glass roof, nav/electronics, 3.73 rear axle. Not sure if some of these other options are what is causing the delay

Last edited by ttiguy; 9/25/09 at 06:12 PM.
Old 9/25/09, 06:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
5 months almost seems right should be soon and just before you want a 2011 to
Old 9/25/09, 06:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
Man they can build a house in 4 months. Thats just to sad and way to long of a wait. On the other hand at least it won't break down on the first burn out. Does any one know how many are on the lots out there? Have you guys checked around for something on the lots? Its worth a couple hundred mile drive to get one.
Old 9/25/09, 07:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

our lots hereare like friaking empty theey even moved all the used cars up front and made up a sale name , so i think Ford is slow production or something.
Old 9/25/09, 07:36 PM
Post *****

Do you think Ford is stalling a bit to clear out 09's?
Old 9/25/09, 08:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Why not
Old 9/26/09, 08:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ttiguy
ordered mine on 8/03/09 and dont even have a build date yet! I'm thinking about cancelling now and just waiting for an '11 (unless I change my mind and go for something else). No point in waiting forever for a sports car to come in just before winter. Especially one that'll be obsolete 6 months later (5.0 engine). I'm gonna give em 1 more week to at least give me a build date. that will make 2 months, no reason why it should take this long for a car thats been in production for a while now.

Best part is I have a lease that is up 10/02/09. Thanks Ford!

* ordered machined alum rims and also the prem 401a int, glass roof, nav/electronics, 3.73 rear axle. Not sure if some of these other options are what is causing the delay
I ordered my 2005 Mustang on 10/20/04 and didn't get a build date until week of 12/14/04.
Once the car was built it took exactly two weeks to take delivery.
Dealer told me six to eight weeks when I ordered the car, and it arrived in nine weeks.

I know what you're going through right now waiting for your car to arrive, as I went through the same thing waiting for mine.
In my case it was a long nine weeks, but once I drove off the lot for the first time it was well worth the wait.
Old 9/28/09, 06:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

They all say 6 to 8 weeks and in a lot that's true but there are and can be things that take place and each dealer gets a weekly update of said inventory, so being kinda chummy with the sales person can help, and the best part like for me a member here seen my car on a truck heading in so I call nope not yet , but it did they tucked it inside for it's PDI no less so on the day you do get that call , it would be nice to book off to be aquainted with the new member ! makes it worth the wait & some. Honest,.
Old 9/28/09, 06:36 PM
V6 Member

Well, my salesman who is my brother has a brother-in-law (his wifes bro) that works at the Flat Rock plant and says he's gonna get in contact with him sometime this week and find out what is causing the delays. He (my bro) doesn't understand whats going on since his dealership isn't getting any new Mustangs in and they aren't selling any either. They are a decent sized dealer and usually have a good sized selection in stock. But, he says they have had the same 2 GT's in stock for a while. He thinks there is something that is causing a delay on most ALL of the GT's since there are so few out there on any dealer lots right now.
Old 9/29/09, 02:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by ttiguy
Well, my salesman who is my brother has a brother-in-law (his wifes bro) that works at the Flat Rock plant and says he's gonna get in contact with him sometime this week and find out what is causing the delays. He (my bro) doesn't understand whats going on since his dealership isn't getting any new Mustangs in and they aren't selling any either. They are a decent sized dealer and usually have a good sized selection in stock. But, he says they have had the same 2 GT's in stock for a while. He thinks there is something that is causing a delay on most ALL of the GT's since there are so few out there on any dealer lots right now.
I read somewhere that there is a slowdown in building the 4.6s at the Romeo plant as they transition to the 5.0s . FWIW I ordered my '10 GT on 9/26 from a large-volume dealer and was told to expect a 6-week delivery. My car has very few options, so I hope that is the case.
Old 9/29/09, 04:47 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by IWantMyNewGT
I read somewhere that there is a slowdown in building the 4.6s at the Romeo plant as they transition to the 5.0s . FWIW I ordered my '10 GT on 9/26 from a large-volume dealer and was told to expect a 6-week delivery. My car has very few options, so I hope that is the case.
Found out today that it's supposed to be built on Oct 5 and should be at the dealer by Oct 12 possibly sooner. If they can stick to this it will wind up being 10 weeks total which isn't as good as the 6 I hoped for but a lot better than some who had to wait 16 weeks. I'll take it i guess.
Old 9/29/09, 05:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

As stated by a previous poster, this does bring back memories with the 05. I ordered mine on 11/4/04 and it came mid February. Then, some of the delays were due to supplier issues like the IUP, rear spoiler and a legal issue with My Color. Reading the various posts, I either missed or couldn't see anyone knowing exactly what the problem is.