Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Hell Yeah!

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/10, 12:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airforcedefender
Here's a shot of my daughter and I along with the new GT500!
Awesome! Is she as excited about the car as you are?
Old 5/23/10, 08:42 AM
V6 Member

I debated for a couple days over whether to get the GT500 or not. When I decided to pull the trigger, I went to pick my daughter up at school. The first thing she said was, "Daddy, are you gonna get the Shelby?" When I said yes, she literally jumped up in the air and screamed, "YES!" Then when we got to the dealership, she was asking the salesman all sorts of questions about the car while I was in the finance office. It was as if she was going to drive it home! By the time I was done, she was showing me how to take the top down, operate the nav system, and explaining to me how the GT500 has an extra gear for her to shift which, in her words, was "way cool!"

All in all, Friday was one of the coolest days ever. Weather was awesome--we rode all the way back to Cheyenne with the top down jamming to Haley's favorite band, Def Leppard. Yep, that's right. A
9-year old girl who love Mustangs and rock and roll music. She's going to make someone a great wife in 30 or 40 years!

By the way, she says she wants a Mustang when she turns 16. I told her she could get a 2011 when she turns 16, so when all you 2011 buyers are ready for a new 'Stang in about seven years, I'll be calling you up to find a well-cared for 2011 with good miles...
Old 5/23/10, 09:16 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weather was awesome--we rode all the way back to Cheyenne with the top down jamming to Haley's favorite band, Def Leppard. Yep, that's right. A
9-year old girl who love Mustangs and rock and roll music. She's going to make someone a great wife in 30 or 40 years!

By the way, she says she wants a Mustang when she turns 16. I told her she could get a 2011 when she turns 16, so when all you 2011 buyers are ready for a new 'Stang in about seven years, I'll be calling you up to find a well-cared for 2011 with good miles...

Oh man, 30 or 40 years! I almost fell out of my chair over that. Bud, you are going to be in trouble in 5 or 6 years, you'll be fighting the boys off with a stick!
Old 5/24/10, 10:59 AM
GT Member

That Shelby will make her a great graduation present.
Old 5/24/10, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

I debated for a couple days over whether to get the GT500 or not. When I decided to pull the trigger, I went to pick my daughter up at school. The first thing she said was, "Daddy, are you gonna get the Shelby?" When I said yes, she literally jumped up in the air and screamed, "YES!" Then when we got to the dealership, she was asking the salesman all sorts of questions about the car while I was in the finance office. It was as if she was going to drive it home! By the time I was done, she was showing me how to take the top down, operate the nav system, and explaining to me how the GT500 has an extra gear for her to shift which, in her words, was "way cool!"

All in all, Friday was one of the coolest days ever. Weather was awesome--we rode all the way back to Cheyenne with the top down jamming to Haley's favorite band, Def Leppard. Yep, that's right. A

LOL @ 30-40 years. Good luck with that! Does she like younger guys? I have a 3.5 year old she should meet!
Old 5/24/10, 11:30 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by coffeejolts
LOL @ 30-40 years. Good luck with that! Does she like younger guys? I have a 3.5 year old she should meet!

THAT is funny! You never know--by the time she's dating, your son will be in his mid to late 20's!
Old 5/24/10, 11:48 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Oh man, 30 or 40 years! I almost fell out of my chair over that. Bud, you are going to be in trouble in 5 or 6 years, you'll be fighting the boys off with a stick!
That's exactly what I thought! Reminds me of when my parents told me I wouldn't be dating until I at least had a degree and a business. So at 23 years of age i've got the business, almost have the degree and will be celebrating my 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend next month. That worked out well.

Its great to see you enjoying this so much with your daughter. I would have enjoyed having something fun like that with my dad when I was a kid. Don't be surprised when she's begging to drive it as soon as she gets her learners permit! It'll be great learning experiences for her since you can teach her how to change a tire, do an oil change and other little things. Fair warning though, it makes women more attractive to men.