Old 6/23/14, 09:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That looks soooooo much better!!!
Old 6/23/14, 09:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by scottmoyer
It is considerably louder now. I thought the factory GT exhaust had a good tone to it. These have a deep growl, but is definitely louder than before. I think it sounds good, but I wonder if it's too loud for my son to drive. A 16 year old in a red performance car with tinted windows and loud exhaust may make him a target. The sound is not obnoxious. It sounds very good.

First off I think there is way to much power in these cars for a 16 year old to drive. My son is almost 16 and he will not drive this till he can handle it.

For younger drivers that is the reason Ford came up with My Key. Program it and he can only go so fast and play the radio so loud. I love it...
Old 6/24/14, 06:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I have been teaching my son to drive. I've taken him out in the rain with front wheel drive so he gets the feel of torque steering. I've been teaching him how to "drift" or slide the car so that he knows how to recover from an accidental slide in bad weather. I've also had him read the Florida statutes on driving laws so he knows what is legal and what isn't. I also plan on sending him to advanced driving schools that teach vehicle control, like Bondurant or something similar. I don't want him being like the majority of other young drivers that have no clue what the laws are or how to drive.

This car will be his car so he will need to know how to drive it!!!
Old 6/24/14, 05:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I have been teaching my son to drive. I've taken him out in the rain with front wheel drive so he gets the feel of torque steering. I've been teaching him how to "drift" or slide the car so that he knows how to recover from an accidental slide in bad weather. I've also had him read the Florida statutes on driving laws so he knows what is legal and what isn't. I also plan on sending him to advanced driving schools that teach vehicle control, like Bondurant or something similar. I don't want him being like the majority of other young drivers that have no clue what the laws are or how to drive.

This car will be his car so he will need to know how to drive it!!!
I agree with all of that. I grew up with performance race cars. My first car was an Oldsmobile 442. But I drive about 40K miles a year for work. I see to many accidents now because of distractions. Yup the cell phone. It is terrible. My 2 older girls read the florida books went to drivers school. My insurance company give you a very big discount if you have a 3.0 grad3e average. That will be the only way for my son to drive. Because of No Fault his insurance will be around $225.00 a month with a 3.0 if not it will be around $400.00 . That is very high. Girls are much less..

Most kids these days think driving is like a video game it is very scarey.
Good Luck Ive been to through young girls driving already getting ready for the third.

If you find a good school in Florida let me know.
Old 6/24/14, 08:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I got the valance and GT500 mufflers on. It's sounds great! It took about three hours to do because I was teaching my son how to work on the car. I also took the tires off for easier accessibility. The only parts I needed to get were the two outside bottom bolts. Everything else gets reused. Cutting the bumper up was easier than I thought. I used a jig saw! It cut quickly and cleanly.
This looks fantastic, makes me kind of wish I went with the quads and the valence instead of the singles with the stock valence…I'm also jealous of how much easier waxing the rear bumper is for you now, lol…the stock valence has so many details and compound angles to wax that I dread it every time, lol.

Post pics of the whole car, show us that ruby red gem.
Old 6/25/14, 06:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
This is a shot from April, but it shows some of the car details now. I have the Brembo wheels, 30% tint and Roush splitters on the sides and rear. I need to get a pic of the car as it sits today.
Attached Thumbnails Gt 500 Rear Valance-20140419.jpg  
Old 6/25/14, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looks sharp, not enough Ruby Red cars around. You should grab a pic with the IROC so we can see how the colors compare.

As for teaching him to drive, make sure to teach him that looking in the rearview is equally as important as looking forwards at all times and teach him to profile the idiots behind him at all times and get himself out of a position of being in front of anyone who looks like an idiot or is distracted...god knows I'm pretty sure half the reason I've never had an accident is because I don't allow certain people to drive behind me whenever possible and am constantly looking in the rearview at who's behind me.
Old 6/25/14, 04:22 PM
GT Member

This is a shot from April, but it shows some of the car details now. I have the Brembo wheels, 30% tint and Roush splitters on the sides and rear. I need to get a pic of the car as it sits today.
Almost exactly my car haha! I'm stuck between going square Roush axleback with the Roush valance, or the gt500 quad tip with the matching gt500 valance.

Ruby red is definitely under represented! It caught my eye and I had to own it, I think it's one of the best colors on the 13-14 mustangs!

On the focus st forums, I had the most popular/least rate color in tuxedo black. It looked awesome, but it was annoying knowing that 1/3 STs looked like mine. I was shocked to look through the "by color" threads on here and saw that Ruby Red had the least!! Ingot silver and race red were the more rare ST colors... I just love dark colors, and Ruby Red looked like an instant classic to me. I've had nothing but compliments on the GT since I got it 2 weeks ago
Old 6/25/14, 05:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I saw a Race Red ST on the way to work! Really caught my eye because it looked almost Competition Orange. I love love love Ruby Red, but my last two Mustangs were Laser Red and Redfire...I wanted something different.