Sponsored By:

got my first door ding grrr

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/10, 08:19 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MadGT
Ha, funny...what I do is...I drop off my wife at the entrance of whatever and I park a mile away...

my GF demands I drop her off. "you can drop me here" sometimes I say "no no you should walk with me, dont you love me".
Old 10/17/10, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I plan on going to the dealer to pick up my car with a ball peen hammer in hand. As soon as I sign the car over, I'm gonna whack the driver's side door panel with the hammer. Just to get it out of the way. You spend days, weeks or even months freaking out about that first ding... and then after that it just doesn't really matter much. I figure if I get my first ding out of the way quick, I won't worry so much.

Plus, I'll know which son of a ***** did it, too.
Old 10/17/10, 06:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack
have used with pretty good results...

-touch up paint (but dont use little brush...do as below)
-degrease area of chip
-cut a toothpick in half,and put a small amount of paint on end and slowly tap over chip
-then before dry,use a clean dry cotton q-tip and roll over area with side of cotton (helps blend in)
Yeah, but I don't like the q-tip cotton either, I usually use microfiber cloth.
The other thing I do is multiple small applications of paint so I don't overdo the thickness.
Old 10/20/10, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cut toothpick method works! When I got my paint from www.touchuppaintonline.com, that's what the guy told me to do and it works really well. if you get the clearcoat, do the same thing with a new toothpick. i did this on at least 3 paint chips on my hood and you can't tell they were ever there.
Old 10/21/10, 05:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

I used this stuff with success probably the same thing as doctor color chip.

http://www.autogeek.net/langka-paint...epair-kit.html

I also park miles away from everyone else because I have extreme ping/dent/scratch phobia to a point where I start getting nervous when my car is parked in public too long. Yes I have issues so I bought a car as my therapy instead of paying a shrink. As for dents the dealership has a company come in a few days a week for painless dent removal which I have had done several times on my dally driver it cost 125.00 a pop for each dent well worth it you cannot tell the difference after they are done.
Old 10/21/10, 11:22 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
I plan on going to the dealer to pick up my car with a ball peen hammer in hand. As soon as I sign the car over, I'm gonna whack the driver's side door panel with the hammer. Just to get it out of the way. You spend days, weeks or even months freaking out about that first ding... and then after that it just doesn't really matter much. I figure if I get my first ding out of the way quick, I won't worry so much.

Plus, I'll know which son of a ***** did it, too.
This is the right attitude. Don't sweat the small stuff. It's going to happen.

Cheers.