Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ford's new SYNC 3...

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/14, 04:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by msqr
Seems like a defective unit more than an issue with the design - the screen clearly says there is no GPS signal so it's basing it off your speed and compass. Probably a defective GPS receiver?
I think my feelings/experience with the MFT system are pretty well known, so I won't rehash. His complaint at this point is about the dealer refusing to fix it and having been in the shop 11 times for the same thing. Design issues aside, this kind of non-service is why Ford is losing customers.
Old 1/2/15, 07:35 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not defending Ford. I think it's pretty Shameful for Ford to announce in 2014 that before the end of the year, 3.4M vehicles in market would get AppLink. It's now 2015 and clearly they didn't deliver their promise to add AppLink to my 2011 Mustang. Then again, I've expressed my doubts publicly on this since the start, since even with all the bugs, I still have yet to see a single update to my system. Which, circling back, and taking into account the MFT feedback, means, I am really doubtful SYNC gen3 will be any better.
Old 1/4/15, 06:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
I'm not defending Ford. I think it's pretty Shameful for Ford to announce in 2014 that before the end of the year, 3.4M vehicles in market would get AppLink. It's now 2015 and clearly they didn't deliver their promise to add AppLink to my 2011 Mustang. Then again, I've expressed my doubts publicly on this since the start, since even with all the bugs, I still have yet to see a single update to my system. Which, circling back, and taking into account the MFT feedback, means, I am really doubtful SYNC gen3 will be any better.
Yep. Definitely disappointing, not sure why they bothered to tell us it was coming if they weren't going to make it happen. Hell, I'd pay $20 for that upgrade.
Old 1/4/15, 09:41 AM
GT Member

Try Googling tsb12-08-19 to see at least one update for your Sync. It won't fix all the bugs, but it addresses a few. There have been a few Sync updates to the Gen1 cars, but they've just been "dealer only" installs and not on Syncmyride.

Last edited by skramblr; 1/4/15 at 09:42 AM.
Old 1/5/15, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford is still going the wrong way with this stuff

Get on board with Android for the car and get it over with. All we need is a terminal, let our smartphones do the work.
Old 1/5/15, 03:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rando

Get on board with Android for the car and get it over with. All we need is a terminal, let our smartphones do the work.
they're going with nxt blackberry because its flawless and ultra responsive, and requires less updates.. android keeps coming up with weird candy names, i dont think its professional for cars to drive around with sugary names
Old 1/6/15, 08:28 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Rando

Let's see. Go with Android auto, a new an unproven technology that is not widely adopted or in use - or - Go with QNX, a product that is used in many vehicles for many years and has a proven track record. I think they made the right choice. They got a big enough black-eye with MFT (another unproven technology).

That said, Android Auto is being developed in a way that it can be an add-on (like app link apps). This would be a nice addition.
Old 1/6/15, 02:07 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HizliBullet
android keeps coming up with weird candy names, i dont think its professional for cars to drive around with sugary names

Wish they would call one update Sugar Momma.

"I just upgraded sugar momma today"

"Ive got sugar momma in my phone."

"Ive got sugar momma in my stang.."

..... All kinds of fun.

Much better that Kit Kat , Jelly bean , ice cream sandwich or lolipop....
Old 1/7/15, 07:58 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New video of Sync3 at CES