2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Flat Rock idle next week

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/11, 02:32 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Our dealer emailed us yesterday and said our order "in line to be pulled this week". I asked him what this meant, and he responded it meant a "VIN and build date would be assigned".

I know Flat Rock is idle this week. Can orders still be processed as our dealer has stated, even if the plant is idle?
Old 4/6/11, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilPeppard
Our dealer emailed us yesterday and said our order "in line to be pulled this week". I asked him what this meant, and he responded it meant a "VIN and build date would be assigned".

I know Flat Rock is idle this week. Can orders still be processed as our dealer has stated, even if the plant is idle?

Yes they can. Scheduling not done at the plant. It is done through a different area at the corporation.
Old 4/6/11, 04:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This plant shut down is just ridiculous. My dealer searched the inventory of 1200 dealers to see if he could find a car like mine, and can't.

So where is that backlog of cars? You'd think Ford would want to build the retail orders because it's easy money in their pocket.

9 weeks at this point. So EXTREMELY tired of waiting. Ford's ordering system is out of control. My dealer told me its 200 days for raptors to be delivered currently.
Old 4/6/11, 05:06 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by joelstang
hey guys i posted on another thread i ordered 3-19 and my dealer is telling me an early june build is that an abnormal length of time with the current delays? can anyone give me any info?
That's better than what I am facing. I ordered Feb 1 and was finally told I might get a vin this week.
Old 4/6/11, 05:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by joelstang
hey guys i posted on another thread i ordered 3-19 and my dealer is telling me an early june build is that an abnormal length of time with the current delays? can anyone give me any info?
8 weeks. That pretty good all things considered.
Old 4/7/11, 06:31 AM

Might give up the wait.

Been on order since the first week of Feb. Dealer says build date in April but no VIN yet. Will give it a few more weeks but if I do not get something tangible soon will consider cancelling my order. Hate to do it but Ford is not treating potential customers in a business friendly manner. Wanted to be a Ford guy and have my first Mustang since my '66 back in '67. Will give them a little more time but if nothing happens in a few weeks will cancel my order and look at a C-6. Hate to do it but if Ford does not care about us even when we have money down, what will it be like after we have bought.
Old 4/7/11, 08:19 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stang-Par
Yes they can. Scheduling not done at the plant. It is done through a different area at the corporation.
Thanks. Once I get more info, I will gladly share.
Old 4/7/11, 08:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

with the small difference between the '11 and '12 they might be counting '11 stock as well trying to burn those off without huge discounts before fully ramping up the '12s
Old 4/7/11, 10:15 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hello all,

I know we are all anxious about getting your Mustangs. This delay is all due to parts/supplier issues. I hope all of this blows over soon, in the mean time, work with me on your PM’s. Thank you all for your support!

Deysha
Old 4/7/11, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hello all,

I know we are all anxious about getting your Mustangs. This delay is all due to parts/supplier issues. I hope all of this blows over soon, in the mean time, work with me on your PM’s. Thank you all for your support!

Deysha
Parts shortage? Why is Ford telling the news outlets that the shutdown is due to a supply of dealer stock then?

Sounds like ford didn't want to admit it's having yet again another shortage so someone came up with the overstock excuse.
Old 4/7/11, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hello all,

This delay is all due to parts/supplier issues. I hope all of this blows over soon,

Deysha
I thought this was just a one-week plant shutdown. According to this, it sounds like Ford is not sure when they will start building Mustangs again.
Old 4/7/11, 11:31 AM
GT Member

Mustang production = soup sandwich

This is getting ridiculous, Ford clearly does not have the situation under control. I would LOVE to know which particular parts/suppliers are holding us up...
Old 4/7/11, 11:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by EvilPeppard

I hope so because my dealer told me the same thing.
Old 4/7/11, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I would say the supplier issues they are speaking of will be resolved after this week. They can't just keep building cars when they can't fully complete them. I had said before the regardless of when you ordered your car, the dealer doesn't always have allocation available to complete the order so all dealer orders with allocation will take priority. This isn't a ford problem it's a you and your dealer problem. If you noticed those that are on the fast track to getting there car built they are working with dealers with allocation available or orders already entered but not yet scheduled. It's not rocket science and the problem IMO goes back to the dealer level not the factory.
Old 4/7/11, 12:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stang-Par
UPDATE!!!! :

Just got our VIN and build week from our dealer. See this post: https://themustangsource.com/f726/vi...5/#post6047594

Old 4/7/11, 02:45 PM
GT Member

Just got my vin and build week as well. Ordered Feb 1, build week April 25. From order to build will be approximately 13 weeks. Hopefully there are no more shutdowns or shortages and I get this bad boy by early May. I never thought I would be waiting 15-16 weeks to receive this car.
Old 4/13/11, 08:22 AM

I see you received my PM RaceRed12. We should see them move right along now.

Deysha
Old 4/13/11, 09:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Old Chuck
Been on order since the first week of Feb. Dealer says build date in April but no VIN yet. Will give it a few more weeks but if I do not get something tangible soon will consider cancelling my order. Hate to do it but Ford is not treating potential customers in a business friendly manner. Wanted to be a Ford guy and have my first Mustang since my '66 back in '67. Will give them a little more time but if nothing happens in a few weeks will cancel my order and look at a C-6. Hate to do it but if Ford does not care about us even when we have money down, what will it be like after we have bought.
Well, I can tell you that if there is anything wrong with your car, the first response will be denial.

I don't know what a C-6 is, but I would give it first consideration.
Old 4/13/11, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Parts shortage? Why is Ford telling the news outlets that the shutdown is due to a supply of dealer stock then?

Sounds like ford didn't want to admit it's having yet again another shortage so someone came up with the overstock excuse.
Hi Lewis26,

The down week was to adjust production with consumer demand. The plant is up and running this week.

Deysha
Old 4/13/11, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by catcher5
I thought this was just a one-week plant shutdown. According to this, it sounds like Ford is not sure when they will start building Mustangs again.
Hi catcher5,

The plant is up and running this week again.

Deysha

Quick Reply: Flat Rock idle next week