2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Flat Rock idle next week

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/11, 09:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just doesn't make any sense that with all of these people waiting on cars that they would shut down for a week??
Old 4/1/11, 09:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Maybe they filled stock orders first

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Old 4/1/11, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know there is next to none in my area. 11s or 12s have to wait and see I guess.

By the way I enjoy your ever-changing sig lines.
Old 4/1/11, 10:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Thank you

I like it
Old 4/2/11, 07:44 AM
V6 Member

honest so far? did they tell you about incentive protection?
Old 4/2/11, 09:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the info. It's nice that someone cares enough about it's customers to let us know what is going on. It certainly isn't Ford. Why would the schedule all the stock orders before customer orders, only to stop production before they even get to the customer orders because they have too much dealer stock on hand?!?!
That kind of idiotic decision making is what costs business profits and discourages customers. I call it a complete bonehead call on their part. The part shortages are ridiculous and a problem that would need to be resolved in any company where they cared
about customers and had any thought that ,"No, they'll just keep waiting. Once they finally get the car, they'll be so happy, they'll forget all about the extra month we delayed everything because we couldn't get our $#!+ together."
This is my longest post on this board, because I'm so ticked and discouraged by all this. It's just poor, poor planning and customer care. Not the customer service people's fault. It's their job to help fix the company's screw ups. It's too bad they are busy.
Old 4/2/11, 10:13 AM
GT Member

This is insulting.

Fine, so there is a surplus of Mustang stock on the lots.

Here's a genius idea: Stop building Mustangs for dealer stock for a month or two and fill our retail orders instead!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this crap is still happening. I have done lots of research and followed lots of forums over the years, and Ford's order-delivery process for the Mustang is probably the most herky-jerky one out there.

They had better get this resolved. I know a lot of you have been waiting longer than I have. I'm going to be patient for a few more weeks, but if it looks like it will take longer than late May/early June to get my car, I will be reconsidering my options for sure!
Old 4/2/11, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree that it stinks they built about 60% more supply than they usually keep, especially since that 60% could have been customer's orders that are basically guaranteed sales for them (pending satisfactory delivery). But, a week or two delay isn't going to keep me from getting this car, I love this car. And on the bright side, now that they have sooooo much stock, hopefully they will start filling a lot more customer orders
Old 4/2/11, 12:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
I agree its crazy that Ford couldn't figure a way to build special orders before shutting down instead of pumping out excess lot fillers.

I'm not standing up for Ford, but am curious what exactly kept them from doing that. I wonder if some of it has to do with batching certain combinations. I mean, for example I'm sure they need to paint a bunch or reds at the same time rather than switching colors for each car. Same for some options. If so, does that maybe explain why some orders before this shut down took longer than others to be built? It doesn't seem that all the stories can be explained by dealer allocations and priorities.
Old 4/2/11, 01:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I agree its crazy that Ford couldn't figure a way to build special orders before shutting down instead of pumping out excess lot fillers.

I'm not standing up for Ford, but am curious what exactly kept them from doing that. I wonder if some of it has to do with batching certain combinations. I mean, for example I'm sure they need to paint a bunch or reds at the same time rather than switching colors for each car. Same for some options. If so, does that maybe explain why some orders before this shut down took longer than others to be built? It doesn't seem that all the stories can be explained by dealer allocations and priorities.
There are forces at work here beyond the comprehension of mere mortals.
Old 4/2/11, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Stang-Par
There are forces at work here beyond the comprehension of mere mortals.
I guess.

I mean its not like it was shortage of parts like with my '78 WS6 T/A. I ordered it with the factory Hurst T-tops instead of the high volume GM tops which were MUCH smaller. They would run out of WS6 parts (actually took orders well before they had some parts at all). And Hurst couldn't make many tops. And between the different shortages, it took 6 months till they had all the parts at the factory at the same time. I (my dealer) just couldn't talk them into setting aside a Hurst-top body shell and tops for the next time they had the WS6 parts!

Hmmmm. It just occurred to me, I might have the only WS6 Hurst top car made. They did keep trying to change the order to substitute the GM tops. Barrett Jackson, here I come!
Old 4/2/11, 04:07 PM
Bullitt Member

I guess.

I mean its not like it was shortage of parts like with my '78 WS6 T/A. I ordered it with the factory Hurst T-tops instead of the high volume GM tops which were MUCH smaller. They would run out of WS6 parts (actually took orders well before they had some parts at all). And Hurst couldn't make many tops. And between the different shortages, it took 6 months till they had all the parts at the factory at the same time. I (my dealer) just couldn't talk them into setting aside a Hurst-top body shell and tops for the next time they had the WS6 parts!

Hmmmm. It just occurred to me, I might have the only WS6 Hurst top car made. They did keep trying to change the order to substitute the GM tops. Barrett Jackson, here I come!
Hey I had a 78 WS6 (no T roofs and an automatic)
Old 4/2/11, 05:57 PM

Hey I had a 78 WS6 (no T roofs and an automatic)
I'm giving mine to my son. ..................... Unless it turns out to be one of one.

26k miles TA 6.6 4 speed and bone stock other than Pioneer AM/FM/8-track/CB head unit; Maybe the power antenna was a mod.

Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 4/2/11 at 05:58 PM.
Old 4/2/11, 08:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I heard this was because of how long it took to achieve the "OK to Buy" now they have a bunch of cookie cutter rapid spec mustangs sitting up there. Why they could not have filled retail orders as soon as the oktb was achieved is beyond me. If this is only 1 week well ok but with all the other delays we have endured, can they not just take care of the customers that are waiting at the door with money to pick up their orders! UFB!!!!!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/02/r...japan-fallout/
Old 4/2/11, 09:27 PM
V6 Member

Mine was suppose to be in the week of April 11, so I guess this will delay the delivery. Funny what they say about their supply, you would be hard pressed to find many 2012s on the local, SW VA, lots The dealer that ordered mine only has 1 2012 and they are a big dealer, they are also running out of 2011s.. As to the paint problem, serves them right for buying non USA. I understand that the MT in the 2011-2012 is made in china, is this true???
Old 4/2/11, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Yes, it's called globalization. The Mustang, Camaro, Challenger as well as many other cars are actually less than 75% made in the US. Funny fact, and I got it from another thread here, the Honda Odyssey is considered a domestically produced car because its more than 3/4 made in the US.
Old 4/3/11, 03:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm thinking that the 116 day supply is what is sitting at the plant waiting on transport not what's already on dealers lots?? Like I have said before there are no dealers in my area with any 2012 stock
Old 4/3/11, 06:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
I'm thinking that the 116 day supply is what is sitting at the plant waiting on transport not what's already on dealers lots?? Like I have said before there are no dealers in my area with any 2012 stock
Same here. Maybe 10 in 60 mile radius. Some with too many options, some with not enough. Mine is just right!
Old 4/3/11, 07:40 AM

Some with too many options, some with not enough. Mine is just right!
I wondered why your vanity plate was GLDYLOX
Old 4/3/11, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

I wondered why your vanity plate was GLDYLOX
**** I wish I thought of that. I already ordered my plates.

Quick Reply: Flat Rock idle next week