2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

First run in with camaro

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/10, 09:00 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First run in with camaro

Coming home had a red 2010 camaro clinging onto my bumper most the way, when we got to a redlight, I stopped normal, and noticed mullet had a chickie poo with him, as the lights start to change I pull away normal and I notice he gives it a little spirit with his right foot, and then i hear him floor it, so I rolled my foot into it, he then shifts and pulls hard right up to where his nose is even with my left shoulder. So at this point I know where both going wot, then my car shifts and breaks a good chirp, and I pull back a little more. I stayed about a car length ahead of him the entire time, until I deicided to let off "at a safe limit of 65 ahem" He decided to keep going well past 100 im sure just because he felt like a douche and had to in his mind, feel like he won, or he was so embarassed he didnt wanna see me smiling at him.
Score us 1
Them 0

These news engines and certainly new autos are no joke, dam was it fun
Old 6/27/10, 09:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are street racing stories allowed? we all know street racing is dumb
Old 6/27/10, 09:25 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Fazm
are street racing stories allowed? we all know street racing is dumb
I know they were definitely not allowed in the past as to not show a promotion of such activities or even a fostering of them on this site. I guess it depends on the new ownership and their instructions.

Old 6/27/10, 09:27 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Praetorian730
Coming home had a red 2010 camaro clinging onto my bumper most the way, when we got to a redlight, I stopped normal, and noticed mullet had a chickie poo with him, as the lights start to change I pull away normal and I notice he gives it a little spirit with his right foot, and then i hear him floor it, so I rolled my foot into it, he then shifts and pulls hard right up to where his nose is even with my left shoulder. So at this point I know where both going wot, then my car shifts and breaks a good chirp, and I pull back a little more. I stayed about a car length ahead of him the entire time, until I deicided to let off "at a safe limit of 65 ahem" He decided to keep going well past 100 im sure just because he felt like a douche and had to in his mind, feel like he won, or he was so embarassed he didnt wanna see me smiling at him.
Score us 1
Them 0

These news engines and certainly new autos are no joke, dam was it fun
I had one do that to me, though there's no way my '02 GT could beat one anyways...
Old 6/27/10, 10:30 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haven't run into a new camaro yet. Ran into a many of car guys including some chevy boys at auto zone. They all loved the car.

Only problem I've had was a douche in an F150. He was put into his place easily
Old 6/27/10, 10:37 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Regardless if a forum "allows" them, they are going to occassionally happen. Its better that they don't but... I have certainly made sure my B is safe in the 'over limit zone' to make sure I know it well in the 'limit zone'.

However, I think I should have a sign made for the window for certain dweebs "go ahead and lose your license mullet brain".

I don't mind certain conduct by myself in certain rural situations, but I would never want to carry the burden of taking someone else's life...
Old 6/27/10, 10:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I had one do that to me, though there's no way my '02 GT could beat one anyways...
strap a blower on it j/k
Old 6/27/10, 11:00 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Jay
strap a blower on it j/k
As it is.
Old 6/28/10, 07:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Red Jay
strap a blower on it j/k

unless the 2011 is full bolt on, then lights out.
Old 6/28/10, 07:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What is "full bolt on"? It sounds strangely reminiscent of "freshening" your engine or a "3/4 race cam"? What exactly does the term "full bolt on" mean to those of you that use it?

I hear the term thrown around like it equals something tangible like a supercharger or a lower gear ratio. But some of the things I believe some people call bolt ons like headers or a throttle body change on an otherwise stock Mustang don't necessarily add any power improvement?

So what exactly is/are full bolt on(s)?
Old 6/28/10, 07:59 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Only problem I've had was a douche in an F150. He was put into his place easily
Try that with my F150...
Old 6/28/10, 08:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,573 Likes on 1,078 Posts
Originally Posted by Black GT500
. . . So what exactly is/are full bolt on(s)?
good question, I have often pondered that as well . . .

I think it means all the basic bolt-ons like intake, headers, exhaust . . . . but definitely a little fuzzy; like is a tune a "bolt-on" ?

Old 6/28/10, 08:22 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bert
good question, I have often pondered that as well . . .

I think it means all the basic bolt-ons like intake, headers, exhaust . . . . but definitely a little fuzzy; like is a tune a "bolt-on" ?

Generally a tune is implied when refering to a "full bolt on" car as it probably wouldnt run that well without one. Most bolton cars have intake, full exhaust, throttle body, under drive pullies, shifter, stall, valve body (auto), larger maf and a tune just to name a few. Most bolton cars also dont have any internal motor work done and have never had the heads taken off to perform upgrades. Then there is always weight reduction that can net you quite a bit of extra performance that people often neglect to mention because its not technically a mod.
Old 6/28/10, 09:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by chrisheltra
Then there is always weight reduction that can net you quite a bit of extra performance that people often neglect to mention because its not technically a mod.
That's not bolt on! That's bolt off!
Old 6/28/10, 09:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black GT500
What is "full bolt on"? It sounds strangely reminiscent of "freshening" your engine or a "3/4 race cam"? What exactly does the term "full bolt on" mean to those of you that use it?

I hear the term thrown around like it equals something tangible like a supercharger or a lower gear ratio. But some of the things I believe some people call bolt ons like headers or a throttle body change on an otherwise stock Mustang don't necessarily add any power improvement?

So what exactly is/are full bolt on(s)?
only external power adders. cai, headers, exhaust, pullies, tune.
Old 6/28/10, 09:37 AM
GT Member

A blower/turbo/N2O is an external power adder that is "bolted on", correct?

The term "power adder" typically refers to blowers/turbos/N20, but aren't generally considered a "bolt-on" in the same sense as CAI, exhaust mods, pullies, tune, etc., thus I wouldn't use the term "bolt-on" and "power adder" together.

Just a thought....