Sponsored By:

Electronics Package outside the US

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/10, 11:06 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electronics Package outside the US

Hey all,

I am gonna order myself a 2012 GT Premium here in the next few months to meet me at my next station in Italy. I was tempted by the BOSS, but decided to stick with the GT as, as much as I love the thought of a BOSS, it will be scary enough driving a GT around Italy, much less a beast like the BOSS. Anyway, I had always planned on getting it completely loaded, Brembo, HID, Security, Glass Roof, 3.73, and Electronics Package. I knew the nav system didn't work outside the US, but now I found out Sat Radio may not either. So I am curious if I am just wasting 2 Grand on the electronics package I wont ever be able to use. Any opinions on this? Anyone have the package outside the US?

Thanks!
Old 12/9/10, 11:31 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would figure that there should be a software update that could be downloaded to make the Nav work.

Satellite is a bust because the satellite orbits above the U.S. only.
Old 12/9/10, 11:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LostGeographer
Hey all,

I am gonna order myself a 2012 GT Premium here in the next few months to meet me at my next station in Italy. I was tempted by the BOSS, but decided to stick with the GT as, as much as I love the thought of a BOSS, it will be scary enough driving a GT around Italy, much less a beast like the BOSS. Anyway, I had always planned on getting it completely loaded, Brembo, HID, Security, Glass Roof, 3.73, and Electronics Package. I knew the nav system didn't work outside the US, but now I found out Sat Radio may not either. So I am curious if I am just wasting 2 Grand on the electronics package I wont ever be able to use. Any opinions on this? Anyone have the package outside the US?

Thanks!
I am assuming you are ordering a US model. Sat Radio does not come with the electronics package, at least in the US. It is standard with the GT Premium. I am not an expert on this, but HD radio does seem to be included in the Electronics package, but again, I am unsure of what use HD radio is in Europe. At least you should get dual zone air conditioning as part of the package. On another note, the Boss is not for everyone. I personally would not even think of giving up leather seating or some of the many other very nice things that come in the GT Premium that do not come in the Boss. Aftermarket parts add more horses than are available in the Boss anyway.
Old 12/10/10, 09:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
I would figure that there should be a software update that could be downloaded to make the Nav work.

Satellite is a bust because the satellite orbits above the U.S. only.

If by Satellite you mean Sirius, then yes, that's US only, but the GPS will work anywhere.
Old 12/10/10, 09:20 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See here https://themustangsource.com/f803/up...en-nav-480911/
Old 12/12/10, 09:02 PM
V6 Member

Thanks! I will keep an eye on that thread!
Old 12/12/10, 10:17 PM
V6 Member

I let my Sirius subscription lapse because the audio quality is terrible. I’d rather have a few CD-quality channels than over 100 channels that sound like crap. Unless you buy it for the sports or talk programming, I don’t think you’re missing anything.
Old 12/14/10, 05:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
If by Satellite you mean Sirius, then yes, that's US only, but the GPS will work anywhere.
I'm sorry but the NAV will not work outside the USA, although a forum member has solved or almost solved that problem. Check in the interior mods area.
Old 12/14/10, 05:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
I am assuming you are ordering a US model. Sat Radio does not come with the electronics package, at least in the US.
I have the Electronics Package and SAT Radio on my US model Mustang GT. Maybe mine is "special".
Old 12/14/10, 06:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by LostGeographer
Hey all,

I am gonna order myself a 2012 GT Premium here in the next few months to meet me at my next station in Italy. I knew the nav system didn't work outside the US, but now I found out Sat Radio may not either. So I am curious if I am just wasting 2 Grand on the electronics package I wont ever be able to use. Any opinions on this? Anyone have the package outside the US?
Thanks!
I have it and it's pretty much useless at the moment, but it works great it the US. Unless you planning to be in Italy forever I'd get the NAV. I'm happy I got it and can't wait to get home and start using it again.
Old 12/14/10, 06:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Poppa
I have the Electronics Package and SAT Radio on my US model Mustang GT. Maybe mine is "special".
I think what he meant is that satellite radio doesn't come as part of the electronics package - it's already there as part of the premium package. A premium V6 or GT in the US comes with satellite radio regardless of whether it has the electronics package.