Sponsored By:

do y'all think she totaled

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/15, 04:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

what do y'all think? car hit me today
Attached Thumbnails do y'all think she totaled-img_1258.jpg   do y'all think she totaled-img_1256.jpg   do y'all think she totaled-img_1255.jpg  
Old 6/17/15, 05:03 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
****! I feel for ya. I really dont know, theres a lot of bodywork to do and you dont know what might have happened underneath.
Old 6/17/15, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

It sucks it took me a while to find a GHIG the way I wanted it plus if they do fix it I won't want it anymore good thing I have a dash cam one guy told the cop I was showing out sideways in the road and I was going straight lol
Old 6/17/15, 07:08 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by YepItsGreen
what do y'all think? car hit me today
No, you're not totaled. The left quarter appears repairable. Not so the r/s quarter. You have some structural damage in as much as a welded panel that requires replacement is considered to be structural, but it's nothing that can't be corrected. Most auto damage these days involve some level of structural damage, but based on area of the impact it's typical and not severe. I'm not sure if the Mustang has both an outer wheelhouse and an inner quarter panel, but if so you might need at least a new outer wheelhouse...and certainly a door. You'll need a new lock pillar but that might be part of the new quarter assembly. The r/s fender appears minor as does the right rear wheel.

I wouldn't be fearful about a repair....it's relatively straight forward. Even the paint might not be as much as a problem as you might think. There'll be some blending involved no doubt. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Our Mustangs have some very sharp and defined body contours. Most of the painting will be on the sides. Much of the blending will be on the tops of panels. Paint appears different in sunlight on different angles anyway, so a good painter will use that to his advantage when blending into the same panels and even adjacent panels.

Just based on the photos you provided, it looks worse than it really is. A quarter replacement is a very common repair.

Good luck and keep us in the loop.
Old 6/17/15, 09:48 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
OUCH!! I feel for you brotha! Glad you walked away from it unhurt (??) except for the pony pride. Hope they don't take forever to figure it out and git er done.

Good luck
Old 6/18/15, 02:23 AM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Don't forget diminished value in your claim.
Old 6/18/15, 02:42 AM
Bullitt Member

^dont think Alabama has that will double check tho
Old 6/18/15, 02:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Just looked it up it is not covered if it isn't a collision looks like I will get to claim it if it isn't totaled anybody have a guess as to what diminished value will be?
Old 6/18/15, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Dropped it off at ford today will know something tomorrow
Old 6/18/15, 06:40 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Sorry bro. That's a total out
Old 6/18/15, 08:09 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I doubt it's going to be totalled.
Old 6/18/15, 08:44 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Ultimately it's an insurance company's decision on whether a car should be repaired or totaled. Each company has it's own parameters, but generally speaking a safe assumption would be 80% to value, i.e when damages approach, reach, or exceed 80% of the vehicle's value, a car will be declared a total loss. But every case is based on it's own merits. I've made decisions to total cars at 60%, and sometimes I've totaled a car at 95%.

Not knowing any of the factors that would impact YepItsGreen's GT...is it a 2013 or 2014...GT Base or Premium...mileage/options...let's just assume that the value of this car is at least $25,000. Also let's play it close to the vest and also assume that it's his insurance company's policy to total a car at 75%. That means there'd have to be almost $19,000 in damage to the car.

It's not possible to estimate his damages without physically inspecting the car, but I certainly don't see anywhere close to $19K. Based just on the photos he provided, it appears to be a very repairable impact. It's been a while since I had access to crash estimating tools and parts prices (I'm retired), nor do I know what the labor rates are in his state, but if I had to throw a dart at a board I'd say this might be in the $8K range in damages. That's just a guess though.

Last edited by TripleBlack14; 6/18/15 at 08:46 PM.
Old 6/19/15, 03:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Sad I hope you get a different car. My guess is that it is not totaled
Old 6/19/15, 05:14 AM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
That really sucks. Hoping for the best. I would guess not totaled.
Old 6/19/15, 07:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
my wife brand new car was hit from side by a driver who ran a red signal. she did following paperwork for the diminished value claim after she got her car completely fixed.

Paper work
1. Vehicle Sales Contract (documents from the date of purchase)
2. Tax Receipt
3. Odometer Statement (pic of odometer attached with your statement)
4. Vehicle MSRP/Spec Sheet (sticker that was on your car when you purchased)
5.Original Receipt copy of all mods (Mods that were subjected to damage)
6.Final bill from Collision center (listing all the repairs done to the car)
7.Kelly book (you can log in to KBB.com and build this)
8. Carmax Appraisal Offer (after repair you will need to take your car and get it appraised as you are selling the car.)
9. Diminished Value Report (see example attached - http://freediminishedvaluecalculator.com; there is paid version which is more effective but i dont think you need that for less than 10K cliam)

with all this paperwork she filed a claim, i laughing at her when she was doing all this but two weeks later after few phone calls she got $10K check from the insurance company.

her car had only 550 miles on it and was only 10 days old. so dont get excited about the 10K but still you are entitled to the difference between the car value before and after the accident.

Last edited by CiniZter; 6/19/15 at 07:45 AM.
Old 6/19/15, 08:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Subscribed. Good luck with it, it will be interesting to find out with the insurance company does.
Old 6/19/15, 11:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Just got a call from ford already up to 5k he hasn't tore it down yet or put it on lift he said the rearend is bent will know more in a few hours
Old 6/19/15, 11:17 AM
Bullitt Member

my wife brand new car was hit from side by a driver who ran a red signal. she did following paperwork for the diminished value claim after she got her car completely fixed.

Paper work
1. Vehicle Sales Contract (documents from the date of purchase)
2. Tax Receipt
3. Odometer Statement (pic of odometer attached with your statement)
4. Vehicle MSRP/Spec Sheet (sticker that was on your car when you purchased)
5.Original Receipt copy of all mods (Mods that were subjected to damage)
6.Final bill from Collision center (listing all the repairs done to the car)
7.Kelly book (you can log in to KBB.com and build this)
8. Carmax Appraisal Offer (after repair you will need to take your car and get it appraised as you are selling the car.)
9. Diminished Value Report (see example attached - http://freediminishedvaluecalculator.com; there is paid version which is more effective but i dont think you need that for less than 10K cliam)

with all this paperwork she filed a claim, i laughing at her when she was doing all this but two weeks later after few phone calls she got $10K check from the insurance company.

her car had only 550 miles on it and was only 10 days old. so dont get excited about the 10K but still you are entitled to the difference between the car value before and after the accident.

Thanks will check that out
Old 6/19/15, 11:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Hey btw, there is a way to quote messages if you just click the red quote button the bottom right corner of each post. I read that post and got a little confused at first lol
Old 6/19/15, 11:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Didn't see anything lol I'm using my iPhone

Quick Reply: do y'all think she totaled