Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dealer tells me he cant order me a 12 GT?? this

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/11, 09:36 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012 Black 5.0

U r fortunate....I ordered a 5.0 with most options including nav back in January. Put deposit down Jan. 22, order was actually input to their system Jan 26. Due to all the delays and BS I canceled my order and got my deposit back, but the dealership left my order in to sell the car off their lot. I've stayed in touch so that I could come back and see the car I was supposed to get whenever it finally got delivered. Anyways, here it is May 20 and the stupid thing still does not have a scheduled build date. 4 months and zero progress. Absolutely ridiculous!!! Will never order a new car from ford again.
I'm calling BS on you. 1. How long did you give them before canceling your order. 2. You CANCEL on the dealer and "I've stayed in touch" The dealer should kick your @ss to the curb for canceling. A man is only as good as his word, boy.
Old 5/21/11, 09:40 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012 Black 5.0

Hmmmm......drop 40+ grand on a car and I can't get what I want, when I want it, and on my terms. I could see if I was getting a screaming deal and getting a $40,000 car for say $20,000. Then I'll sit there and deal with the extra BS. But when I have friends and family members that have bought special order Mini's, Mitsubishi's, and even a custom one of a kind Lotus, and not one of those cars took more than 4 months from time of deposit to time of delivery and these cars are coming from over seas. There is no excuse for a car that is built less than an hour away from me to take more than 4 months to get a build date.

(And to the person who said the order was changed to stock, I think it is still retail. I was in contact with a person at Flat Rock who had been checking on my order for me. I still call them for updates and I figure they might have asked why the order was changed to stock if it had been changed. I ask about priority and such each time I talk to them and they confirm everything always looks good and they see no reason for a delay.)

Back to venting about Ford.....there was a lot more to the story for why I canceled my order than just wait alone. I was told the process for getting the mustang took 6-8 weeks. After 1 week, I was told things were moving quicker than usual and my car would show up in 6 weeks. So I lowered the selling price on my previous car to ensure that I sold it within 4-5 weeks so that I would have money for my down payment. I think I lost about 2 grand on that car in order to sell it quicker. Also, the dealer promised $1,500 in rebates, but later said those rebates were only good for a 2011, not a 12. The only reason I order before the end of January was because they were telling me they could only guarantee the $1500 if I put a deposit down before the end of January. Later they said current offers were only $500 so I was losing another $1,000 on the price of the car. On top of all that, the dealership seemed to never answer their phone and at one point claimed they told me up front that the rebates were only good on the 2011's. If that was the case I wouldn't have ordered the car.

At the end of it all, I did NOT abandon the car I wanted. I bought a used 2010 GT500. Sorry I'm not willing to buy a car from a company that I don't think does good business and has abandon their responsibility to their customers to provide a quality service alongside a quality product. I stand by my original statement that I will NEVER again buy a new car from Ford......or at least not until they improve their customer service.
"when I want it" go buy a chevy, you have the whiney personality for it.
Old 5/21/11, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad you got your GT500 and are happy, but it sounds more like your dealer was running you around in circles than Ford itself. The dealer wouldn't answer your calls, they gave you screwed up rebate info, and told you that production was ahead of schedule. I don't think they were ever ahead of schedule on these cars. Add to that the parts shortages for multiple different reasons. Either way you ended up with a car you are happy with, but as far as I can tell if you want to buy new special order again go to a different dealer.

Oh well, that was completely off topic. It sucks how low production numbers are at the moment, but sh*t happens and not much else we can do but wait.
Old 5/21/11, 04:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well i got the call today.. They can sell me a 12..

The story goes dealer can not bring in any cars on lot unless special ordered for someone..whatever i guess.. now i found out that sterling gray is not offered brick red? WT_ waiting for a call back on monday see what can be done.. offered on 11 but not 12
Old 5/21/11, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FCMalie
I'm glad you got your GT500 and are happy, but it sounds more like your dealer was running you around in circles than Ford itself. The dealer wouldn't answer your calls, they gave you screwed up rebate info, and told you that production was ahead of schedule. I don't think they were ever ahead of schedule on these cars. Add to that the parts shortages for multiple different reasons. Either way you ended up with a car you are happy with, but as far as I can tell if you want to buy new special order again go to a different dealer.

Oh well, that was completely off topic. It sucks how low production numbers are at the moment, but sh*t happens and not much else we can do but wait.
100% this. That was a poor dealer experience, not Ford. I previously had two terrible experiences with the local Ford dealer so I shopped around a bit for a dealer before I ordered this car. They have been pretty good.

I would never return to the local dealer. A bunch of thieves and liars from the top on down and it shows to anyone with 1/2 a brain that goes there.
Old 5/21/11, 06:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by elvism
The story goes dealer can not bring in any cars on lot unless special ordered for someone..whatever i guess.. now i found out that sterling gray is not offered brick red? WT_ waiting for a call back on monday see what can be done.. offered on 11 but not 12
That sucks! I was second guessing Lava when I heard that SG was coming for Job 2 but no brick would have been a deal breaker for me.
Old 5/21/11, 08:15 PM

Could it be a parts shortage for an item that is made in Japan. I am starting to see a few issues in the computer field that I am in.
Old 5/21/11, 09:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

I'm calling BS on you. 1. How long did you give them before canceling your order. 2. You CANCEL on the dealer and "I've stayed in touch" The dealer should kick your @ss to the curb for canceling. A man is only as good as his word, boy.
I gave them until they took away the rebate they promised. So, speaking of being only as good as their word, ......perhaps u should go tell that to the dealer I was dealing with. That was the straw that broke the camels back for me. And why would the dealership kick me to the curb??? I have a 2010 ford that will require maintenance and warranty work. I'm pretty sure they'd like that business. Maybe that's why the dealer manager asked me to stop by and check the mustang out that I ordered once it comes in.....oh, and at the same time gave me a business card to the service dept.

Since u were so kind to give me some advice, here's some for u.....next time think about what u write before u post it so u don't make urself look like an idiot, again.

To everyone else, I agree this is 100% off topic and I'm sorry. But u r right, it is the dealership and not ford, BUT since the dealership carries the ford name, I wrote to the company to let them know how one of the dealers that represents them operates. Still no word back from ford.
Old 5/29/11, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Straight from Ford's May 19th ordering info for Mustangs....

Paint Update
At this time estimates show all paints, including Kona Blue (L6), are available for May 19 Scheduling.

Navigation System Update
Only Mustang retail orders with a navigation system (58N) will be eligible to schedule (No stock orders with a Navigation system will be selected.)

Further, please note the following with respect to Mustang orders and a Navigation System:

Mustang V6 Premium orders with Rapid Spec 200A, 201A, 202A or 203A and the Electronics Package (58N) will not be selected for scheduling.

Mustang GT Premium orders with Rapid Spec 400A, 401A or 402A and the Electronics Package (58N) will not be selected for scheduling.

Allocated/Controlled Commodities:
None

It is recommended that you only be concerned with the following Plant & Labor or Supplier constraints
if they are showing on your preview reports as a reason for non-selection:

5.0 GT Engine – OBDVZ – (99F)

AM/FM Str/Cd/Clk/Navig System – IBAED – (58N)

Bodyside Accent Stripe – CJRAB – (46B)

Kona Blue – PN3J9 – (L6)

Lighting Package Level A - JBWAC – (standard on P8A or P8E w/200A, 201A, 202A & 203A; P8C or P8F w/400A, 401A or 402A)

P215/65R17 BSW - D3KBE – (T3B)

Seat-Recaro-DRV/PASS – FS - N – (MW) – (available on P8C w/ 500A and 501A)

Shelby Over the Top Tape Stripe – OBCYJ – (Must use 46D [paint stripe delete] and 6X interior)

Total Paint Stripe (non-OTT) - OBC14 – Bodyside Accent Stripe (46B) Standard on 201A & 101A.

SVT Racing Stripes (46S) Standard on 820A.

Paint Stripe Appliques (46N) Standard 202A.

RS Accent Stripe (46R) Standard on 402A.

Sport B/S Accent Stripe (46E) Included in SVT Performance Package (67F).

V6 3.7L MTX Trans – OBC4T – (99M w/ 44X)
Five Oh,

Where are you able to get the ordering info from! A dealer?
I'm trying to get access to the actual reports rather than 2d hand rewording from the dealer and I'm googled out!
Old 5/29/11, 08:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by musselmang

Five Oh,

I'm trying to get access to the actual reports rather than 2d hand rewording from the dealer and I'm googled out!
Yeah, he works for a Ford dealership in Washington state.
Old 5/29/11, 11:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

I got my Vin for my MCA 203A with nav Friday. No build date yet.
Old 5/30/11, 09:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by musselmang
Five Oh,

I'm a dealer and the report I referenced is straight from Ford. We get this report every week (as do all Ford dealers), but not all dealers read it.
Old 5/30/11, 10:01 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Paint Update
At this time estimates show that Kona Blue (L6) & Lava Red (UZ) are available but may become exhausted during May 26 Scheduling.