Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Buzzing noise coming from the shifter knob

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/11, 02:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buzzing noise coming from the shifter ****

hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if this is normal or not. I have a 2012 mustang gt stick with 600 miles on it. When I'm in 1st gear and accelerating there is a small buzz noise coming from the shifter ****. When the car is idling I can hear the buzz noise when I put my ear to the shifter ****. Is the shifter **** normally suppose to make this noise? It's not loud but I can hear it when I'm in 1st gear. In the other gears I don't think I can hear it but maybe because the engine and muffler overcomes the noise. I wouldn't call it a whine noise and it does NOT get louder the higher the rpm goes up. The shifter **** vibrates a little while idling but I guess that's normal. Everything is stock I just have a window tint. Has anyone experienced this buzz noise from the shifter ****?
Old 5/29/11, 03:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
normal....get your ear off the ****......
Old 5/29/11, 03:24 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 600 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by AzPete

Old 5/29/11, 03:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AzPete
when I'm in first gear and accelerate to 3k rpm I can hear the buzz noise from the shift ****. I was wondering if something was loose inside the shift **** and if I should take it to the dealer tomorrow to have them take a look. Maybe an aftermarket shifter **** will get rid of the noise i don't know. Anyone else hear this buzz noise from the shift ****?
Old 5/29/11, 03:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
No buzz or other noise from the stock shifter or the Grabber Pony replacement. All is good.
Old 5/31/11, 08:57 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Will3212
hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if this is normal or not. I have a 2012 mustang gt stick with 600 miles on it. When I'm in 1st gear and accelerating there is a small buzz noise coming from the shifter ****. When the car is idling I can hear the buzz noise when I put my ear to the shifter ****. Is the shifter **** normally suppose to make this noise? It's not loud but I can hear it when I'm in 1st gear. In the other gears I don't think I can hear it but maybe because the engine and muffler overcomes the noise. I wouldn't call it a whine noise and it does NOT get louder the higher the rpm goes up. The shifter **** vibrates a little while idling but I guess that's normal. Everything is stock I just have a window tint. Has anyone experienced this buzz noise from the shifter ****?
Hi Will3212,

This is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I recommend you bring it to your
Ford dealer and get it diagnosed to make sure it’s nothing wrong and that it is normal. You can also message me with your mileage, VIN, dealer, and contact info if you need further assistance.

Deysha