2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Current Life Cycle Ends in 2011?

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/09, 03:31 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Oh and by in 2011..makes sense.
2012s will be manufactured in that year...
... and the 2013s will probably have modifications to keep it fresh.
Doesn't mean its a flat out redo..
Old 10/28/09, 03:34 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MARZ
EDIT: Maybe I missed something, but who or what is "the Q?"
Reduced the dumb diaper, added the tunnel affect.

https://themustangsource.com/showthr...ghlight=steeda

"If the rear isn't "fixed" I still wouldn't buy it... "
Old 10/28/09, 03:45 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Clino
I am sure I am going to ruffle some feathers with this comment, and I realize that there are always exceptions to every generalization, but I would argue that most of those who have been the most passionate about their criticisms of the 2010 design are people who have only recently jumped on the Mustang bandwagon with the success of the S197.

I would say that more long term Mustang owners and those that have owned more than one design have learnt to appreciate all of the various iterations of the car over the years (both good and not so good). I think there are some people who are a bit too faithful to the 05/09 design because it is all they are familiar with rather than others who have owned and had time to become appreciative of a number of different years/designs.

If you want to see some bad tail lights, try the 71-73, the 74-78 or the 87-93 GT "cheesegrater" designs! They all make the rear of the 2010 look like a piece of fine art!
Well it is true that I'm biased because the 08 Bullitt in Dark Highland Green is well... the best Mustang ever!

But due to my roots in high school in a '65 2+2, I let all those oddball, jimmy square box, un-mustang looking Mustangs go by me all those years until the S197 finally came along to recapture the magic - shark nose, hockey stick, quarter windows, etc.

The Mustang styling has its own uniqueness but the '10 designers added too much of the Japa Euro Camaro morph - and that Honda rear end.

No offense to anyone. IMO

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/28/09 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10/28/09, 03:54 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

Oh, gotcha!
Old 10/28/09, 04:01 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Well it is true that I'm biased because the 08 Bullitt in Dark Highland Green is well... the best Mustang ever!

But due to my roots in high school in a '65 2+2, I let all those oddball, jimmy square box, un-mustang looking Mustangs go by me all those years until the S197 finally came along to recapture the magic - shark nose, hockey stick, quarter windows, etc.

The Mustang styling has its own uniqueness but the '10 designers added too much of the Japa Euro Camaro morph - and that Honda rear end.

No offense to anyone. IMO
So, if you were Ford, you would have just left the 2005-2009 styling indefinitely?? You have to go somewhere, and you can't do full-on retro forever! It's been said before, but I think the new 'Stang definitely appeals to a younger demographic which, IMO, isn't a bad thing.
Old 10/28/09, 04:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 10/28/09, 04:21 PM
Post *****

So, if you were Ford, you would have just left the 2005-2009 styling indefinitely?? You have to go somewhere, and you can't do full-on retro forever! It's been said before, but I think the new 'Stang definitely appeals to a younger demographic which, IMO, isn't a bad thing.
I understand Ford wants/needs to refreshen every so many years. I just don't agree with some of what they did with the '10.
But that's me. Each to his own. I put my money where I wanted it and I wish the best to the 10 owners.

PS: Then there's the current post crash threads:

05-09 Rocks!! Disappointed in 2010
https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?p=5754412#post5754412
Old 10/28/09, 04:39 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

I understand Ford wants/needs to refreshen every so many years. I just don't agree with some of what they did with the '10.
But that's me. Each to his own. I put my money where I wanted it and I wish the best to the 10 owners.

PS: Then there's the current post crash threads:

05-09 Rocks!! Disappointed in 2010
https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?p=5754412#post5754412
I implore you to read some of those posts, as there are several who really like the car. Just because said folk don't inundate these forums with post after post, thread after thread with "love," doesn't really prove anything, IMO, let alone that the 2010 as a whole is an utter failure.

Again, IMO, just because you're the loudest and complain the most, it doesn't mean you're in the majority... or right.
Old 10/28/09, 04:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know that the 2010 Stang appeals to any new demographic in particular, and I personally don't believe that the styling has much if anything to do with the sales slump unlike what a great deal of the folks here seem to believe. IMO the general slump in car sales, the introduction of newer and better competition on all fronts, and the whole 'Mustang is finally back to what it should be' craze wearing off conspire to have a great deal more to do with the downturn than anything else. In particular, I think the base model engine has really worn thin by this point, with rough NVH characteristics and fairly poor fuel economy conspiring to make the V6 a tough sell unless you just have to have something with the Mustang name on it.

For me, the interior of the 2005 did more to keep me out of the early S197 Mustang than anything else, and with the massive improvement on this front for 2010 I suddenly started taking a much closer look. Still, knowing that better engines are coming in the 2011 model year I wont seriously start thinking about buying before then.

In fact, I think the 2011 model year cars appear likely to be much more competitive overall and I look for sales to rise by a meaningful margin when that model debuts.
Old 10/28/09, 05:06 PM
Post *****

I implore you to read some of those posts, as there are several who really like the car. Just because said folk don't inundate these forums with post after post, thread after thread with "love," doesn't really prove anything, IMO, let alone that the 2010 as a whole is an utter failure.

Again, IMO, just because you're the loudest and complain the most, it doesn't mean you're in the majority... or right.
Fair enough.

btw, Sorry about misquoting the Q. The Steeda Q hasn't shown its butt yet. I confused it with the Saleen. But I saw you picked up on the Saleen S281 with the modified rear end.... I like it better than the stock 10.

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/28/09 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10/28/09, 05:19 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Fair enough.

btw, worry about misquoting the Q. The Steeda Q hasn't shown its butt yet. I confused it with the Saleen. But I saw you picked up on the Saleen S281 with the modified rear end.... I like it better than the stock 10.
I do, too!
Old 10/28/09, 09:03 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Fair enough.

btw, Sorry about misquoting the Q. The Steeda Q hasn't shown its butt yet. I confused it with the Saleen. But I saw you picked up on the Saleen S281 with the modified rear end.... I like it better than the stock 10.
I'll take the Saleen lower rear facsia with the Roush nose and GT500 19" wheels in kona blue powered by a 6.3L DOHC VVT V10 based off the coyote backed up by an M6 and 3.73 cogged rear along with whatever the Ford guys did to make the Boss 351 V10 mule sound so bad ****! <--- btw, does anybody have a good sound clip of that car anymore?

Last edited by bob; 10/28/09 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10/28/09, 10:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

[QUOTE=cdynaco;5754445]Well it is true that I'm biased because the 08 Bullitt in Dark Highland Green is well... the best Mustang ever!

Except the '09 is just a little better.
Originally Posted by Clino
I also disagree. I think the 2010 has been very well received outside of a few very "vocal" individuals who don't like the rear (although I think most have learnt to love it).

I am sure I am going to ruffle some feathers with this comment, and I realize that there are always exceptions to every generalization, but I would argue that most of those who have been the most passionate about their criticisms of the 2010 design are people who have only recently jumped on the Mustang bandwagon with the success of the S197.

I would say that more long term Mustang owners and those that have owned more than one design have learnt to appreciate all of the various iterations of the car over the years (both good and not so good). I think there are some people who are a bit too faithful to the 05/09 design because it is all they are familiar with rather than others who have owned and had time to become appreciative of a number of different years/designs.

If you want to see some bad tail lights, try the 71-73, the 74-78 or the 87-93 GT "cheesegrater" designs! They all make the rear of the 2010 look like a piece of fine art!
This '09 is my 9th mustang, so obviously I've liked a few along the way. I could have ordered a '10 in April when I got the bullitt, but the money I saved bought the supercharger and I'd wanted one of those for about 15 years. I really like the looks of the new car, but I think I'm finally ready to settle down with the bullitt. When I tell my wife this, she just rolls her eyes cause she's heard it before. Can't blame her really, cause the boss has always been my favorite.
Old 10/29/09, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

No offense Charlie, but you sound like the New Edgers who wander into the 05-09 S197 forum on occassion. Sputtering about how Ford's gonna lose it all because they dared change perfection. (says the proud owner of a near-perfect Alloy '08)

As for the unions, well, unions will always vote and lobby and fight for higher pay at the expense of fewer jobs. This is definitely the wrong day and age to choose fewer jobs over higher wages though. An adage about feet and shooting comes to mind.
Old 10/29/09, 12:59 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Dixie_Flatline
No offense Charlie,
None taken. I am very confident in my choice.
Old 10/29/09, 01:02 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by smitty
Except the '09 is just a little better.
I don't know man... that special Bullitt assembly line - machines & union boys - has a lot more wear and tear at 6000+ units compared to the first thousand...
Old 10/29/09, 01:58 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

looks real good, Ford should strive for something akin to that
Old 10/29/09, 05:23 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by MBK
looks real good, Ford should strive for something akin to that
Naw, that's what the aftermarket is for. Much like the popular GT500 front end conversion for the 2005-2009 V6 and GT's too-vertical front end, rear end swaps may be popular for this generation Mustang.
Old 10/29/09, 05:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by SVTJayC
Enjoy unemployment you zilches. Nobody feels sorry for you. They just make it so difficult to buy American. I won't buy GM/Chrysler because of the bailouts/bond holder railroading/gov't ownership, and now it looks like I'll be passing on Ford due to good old fashioned American greed.

Good call don't use your bank either cause they got Obama money too.
Old 10/29/09, 09:43 PM
eci
Banned

Those who "hate" the 10 are owners of the now LATE MODEL 05 - 09 for the most part. Sorry, your car is an old model. No one cares about your opinion in the 2010 forum.

Quick Reply: Current Life Cycle Ends in 2011?