Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro
Jeez, I see the seem and I get all warm and fuzzy that my car is protected. LOL
Exactly. That's what I was thinking too. Great to see that it IS protected
Old 9/7/14, 10:32 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I just talked to the installer. The kit that I got does not come with the top of the bumper. I think it's ridiculous that piece is left off and only available as a custom or full wrap. The crease is another issue. I need to send a picture. I'm calling bull because he had to know he left it there and hoped I wasn't picky enough to care. It's never easy.

Can you guys who've had the partial done tell me if your front bumper is done?
I have a full Xpel Ultimate bra on mine. I went with the full hood, front fenders, front bumper, headlights, roof, A-pillars, mirror caps, and rocker panels.

The crease mark is where the installer let the adhesive tack down onto the paint and then re-lifted it to readjust it. It's a working mark and is pretty much permanent. I had a whole bunch of them on my full hood, bumpers, and fenders and I had my installer redo a lot of the panels under Xpel's warranty. Apparently it is very hard to avoid as the redone pieces still have a stray mark here or there. I love the clear bra though. It cleans up super easy and it is very liberating to not have to worry about chips or scratches. I even took a wire brush to mine to test the self healing capability before I had a section redone. I applied a little bit of warm water to the scratch and it vanished in a few seconds. Amazing stuff!

When I had mine installed I found out there were two different bumper kits available from Xpel. The standard coverage kit covers the grille arch and front bumper but not the top of the bumper. The extended coverage kit includes that missing piece on the top of the bumper, but it is a lot more expensive for some reason. I got my installer to throw it in as part of the package.

Standard coverage Xpel Grille and Bumper Kit

Extended coverage Xpel Grille and Bumper Kit
Old 9/7/14, 11:51 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts
i'm curious what do you do when the chips or scratches appear in the clear bra? How do you deal with that? My old f150 had it on the whole front end/minus the hood, but after 2 years it still looked chipped and scratched. The clear bra isn't invincible is it? I paid 450 for the bumper/grills/mirror package.
Old 9/8/14, 04:24 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
i'm curious what do you do when the chips or scratches appear in the clear bra? How do you deal with that? My old f150 had it on the whole front end/minus the hood, but after 2 years it still looked chipped and scratched. The clear bra isn't invincible is it? I paid 450 for the bumper/grills/mirror package.
That's the thing Darren. This new stuff doesn't chip. It's very elastic and "spongy". That's the whole idea. A lot more forgiving than paint and metal.
Old 9/8/14, 05:40 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by NacsMXer
I have a full Xpel Ultimate bra on mine. I went with the full hood, front fenders, front bumper, headlights, roof, A-pillars, mirror caps, and rocker panels.

The crease mark is where the installer let the adhesive tack down onto the paint and then re-lifted it to readjust it. It's a working mark and is pretty much permanent. I had a whole bunch of them on my full hood, bumpers, and fenders and I had my installer redo a lot of the panels under Xpel's warranty. Apparently it is very hard to avoid as the redone pieces still have a stray mark here or there. I love the clear bra though. It cleans up super easy and it is very liberating to not have to worry about chips or scratches. I even took a wire brush to mine to test the self healing capability before I had a section redone. I applied a little bit of warm water to the scratch and it vanished in a few seconds. Amazing stuff!

When I had mine installed I found out there were two different bumper kits available from Xpel. The standard coverage kit covers the grille arch and front bumper but not the top of the bumper. The extended coverage kit includes that missing piece on the top of the bumper, but it is a lot more expensive for some reason. I got my installer to throw it in as part of the package.

Standard coverage Xpel Grille and Bumper Kit

Extended coverage Xpel Grille and Bumper Kit

Thanks for the info. I'm heading to the installer Thursday morning to see what they can do. I feel like a pain but I can tell this little crease (which catches the eye) is something that could have been avoided.
Old 9/8/14, 08:26 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm heading to the installer Thursday morning to see what they can do. I feel like a pain but I can tell this little crease (which catches the eye) is something that could have been avoided.
They should be able to redo that piece under Xpel's warranty. If you ever have a problem you can contact Xpel directly. They have great customer service and stand behind their product.
Old 9/8/14, 08:39 AM
Legacy Tms Member

I was just on their site. I'm ordering the headlight and A-pillar kits. I can do the small stuff. I put 3M on my 2000 GT and it came or great but the front bumper was a real pain. That's why I opted for the pros to do it.
Old 9/11/14, 04:45 AM
Legacy Tms Member

So I took a ride to the shop that did the clear bra at my dealer's location this morning. He pulled up the clear on the edge where the mark is and it's in the nose. It's difficult to explain but it looks like an indentation in the plastic. The paint is not scratched in any way. The clear accentuates the mark. I'm certain that mark was not there before I brought it in but no one is gonna believe that so it is what it is. I'd prefer a paint chip since I could probably hide it. Bummed.
Old 9/11/14, 12:28 PM
I Have No Life

So I took a ride to the shop that did the clear bra at my dealer's location this morning. He pulled up the clear on the edge where the mark is and it's in the nose. It's difficult to explain but it looks like an indentation in the plastic. The paint is not scratched in any way. The clear accentuates the mark. I'm certain that mark was not there before I brought it in but no one is gonna believe that so it is what it is. I'd prefer a paint chip since I could probably hide it. Bummed.
wait, so the imperfection was actually on your paint? hmmm... yeah that's tough since no way to be sure if it was there before you brought it in or they put it on there. So he peeled the clear then laid it back down? still sits nice and lays flat?
Old 9/11/14, 12:38 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
wait, so the imperfection was actually on your paint? hmmm... yeah that's tough since no way to be sure if it was there before you brought it in or they put it on there. So he peeled the clear then laid it back down? still sits nice and lays flat?

Yup it's impossible to figure out but I'm sure you are the same way as I am and you know when something like that is there or not. I say no but I could be wrong. My buddy thinks it's a factory thing since there is no paint scratch. It's not like I park it anywhere because it's been in my driveway more than being on the road. It's possible I missed it since the clear is really bringing it to light.

Yeah he sprayed and peeled it up and checked sprayed it. Goes back fine. I even did when I got home to see if it was a scuff I could get out. I put it back and you'd never know. Good stuff.
Old 9/11/14, 01:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Yup it's impossible to figure out but I'm sure you are the same way as I am and you know when something like that is there or not. I say no but I could be wrong. My buddy thinks it's a factory thing since there is no paint scratch. It's not like I park it anywhere because it's been in my driveway more than being on the road. It's possible I missed it since the clear is really bringing it to light. Yeah he sprayed and peeled it up and checked sprayed it. Goes back fine. I even did when I got home to see if it was a scuff I could get out. I put it back and you'd never know. Good stuff.
My factory paint has all kinds of imperfections in it...
Old 9/11/14, 02:14 PM
Legacy Tms Member

No doubt. The day I picked up my car I had to buff out a spot on the clear. It took a bit of work but luckily I got it out by hand.

I guess this mark probably came from the factory. Oh well.
Old 9/11/14, 02:20 PM
I Have No Life

Yup it's impossible to figure out but I'm sure you are the same way as I am and you know when something like that is there or not. I say no but I could be wrong. My buddy thinks it's a factory thing since there is no paint scratch. It's not like I park it anywhere because it's been in my driveway more than being on the road. It's possible I missed it since the clear is really bringing it to light.

Yeah he sprayed and peeled it up and checked sprayed it. Goes back fine. I even did when I got home to see if it was a scuff I could get out. I put it back and you'd never know. Good stuff.
Originally Posted by laserred38
Would it be weird to say that I know every nook and cranny and centimeter of my car and her paint? Meaning, I could tell you where every imperfection is on my car? So I definitely would know if something was there before or after the installation. Now could I prove it? No... why would they believe me. Lol. But at least it would give me confidence to defend myself.
Old 9/11/14, 02:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Would it be weird to say that I know every nook and cranny and centimeter of my car and her paint? Meaning, I could tell you where every imperfection is on my car? So I definitely would know if something was there before or after the installation. Now could I prove it? No... why would they believe me. Lol. But at least it would give me confidence to defend myself.
I know where mine are too. A couple of them are from daily driver use. The others were there on day one.
Old 9/11/14, 02:41 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

LOL, have you check your 'factory' epidermis lately? probably lots of 'imperfections' there too

Mother nature needs more quality inspectors

LMAO
Old 9/11/14, 02:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
LOL, have you check your 'factory' epidermis lately? probably lots of 'imperfections' there too Mother nature needs more quality inspectors LMAO
Yeah wth are these brown spots?? Sheesh. And my face isn't symmetrical. Unacceptable!

Old 9/11/14, 03:24 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Yeah wth are these brown spots?? Sheesh. And my face isn't symmetrical. Unacceptable!

haha, so many places to go with this…

wrap around eyes,
diaper rear end,
lack of muscle…

but i'll stop and get back on topic
Old 9/13/14, 09:28 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Ok so my OCD got the better of me. I can't stand the imperfection on the bumper. Gonna black it out MMD style. I've been looking at that piece for awhile anyway. With my other blackout plans it should look pretty cool.

My gerund (what the hell is a gerund?) was right, I should have opted for the 3 year 36k Ford therapy plan.

Last edited by VidPro; 9/13/14 at 11:02 AM.
Old 9/13/14, 09:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ok so my OCD got the better of me. I can't stand the imperfection on the bumper. Gonna black it out MMD style. I've been looking at that piece for awhile anyway. With my other blackout plans it should look pretty cool. My gerund was right, I should have opted for the 3 year 36k Ford therapy plan.
The black grille surround?

Quick Reply: Clear bra