Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:
View Poll Results: Would you convert to the CS style front facia?
YES - Love the CS front!
52.63%
NO - Don't like it!
47.37%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

To change or not to change?

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/10, 01:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RandyW
I was planning on going with the Roush front facia until I saw the California Special unit. I know most people are installing them unpainted, but I had mine painted. I think the Steeda unit looks nice but it would look better if the ducts were set back a little.

If you go to https://themustangsource.com/dto_gar...vehicle&v=1319 you can see some shots of mine.
Oops You may want to take a look at the link as i went to look at your pics and it asked if i wanted to delete them so i didn't stay long but your car from what i saw looked sharp.

Last edited by rodmoe; 11/19/10 at 02:04 PM.
Old 11/19/10, 03:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was planning on going with the Roush front facia until I saw the California Special unit. I know most people are installing them unpainted, but I had mine painted. I think the Steeda unit looks nice but it would look better if the ducts were set back a little.

If you go to https://themustangsource.com/dto_gar...vehicle&v=1319 you can see some shots of mine.
How much was the paint? With the fascia coming in shipping around $450 or so, plus paint (maybe $200 at a shop) for people that don't have a brother or buddy that can do it, it gets closer to the Roush price.

Makes the decision harder
Old 11/19/10, 03:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rodmoe
Oops You may want to take a look at the link as i went to look at your pics and it asked if i wanted to delete them so i didn't stay long but your car from what i saw looked sharp.
With VB, you have to have permissions to delete from other people's albums. Like mod or admin permissions. So no worries! Just stinks that the photos are too small.
Old 11/22/10, 08:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oops is right. I replaced the URL in my previous message. Thanks for pointing it.

When I had the facia painted and installed I had other things done at the same time so I can't say what it would have cost for the facia only.

I didn't realize (or maybe forgot) that the Garage photos are not very large, even if you upload high-res photos. Anyway, here is another picture where you can get a good view of the piece.
Attached Thumbnails To change or not to change?-wildfire142.jpg  
Old 11/22/10, 09:16 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^That's sexy!
Old 11/22/10, 02:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Oops is right. I replaced the URL in my previous message. Thanks for pointing it.

When I had the facia painted and installed I had other things done at the same time so I can't say what it would have cost for the facia only.

I didn't realize (or maybe forgot) that the Garage photos are not very large, even if you upload high-res photos. Anyway, here is another picture where you can get a good view of the piece.

Thanks for posting a picture of a painted CS fascia... it looks really awesome! Now I have to consider that option... thanks for making the decision even harder!!! LOL

Seriously considering doing the CS mod, as I got an installed price from the dealer for $ 280.00, which is much more reasonable than any other front fascia. If my front bumper ever gets chipped, I might consider an upgrade to the Steeda. The price for the fascia is not bad, but the professional prep, paint and installation is just too much right now. After all, the exhaust is the next on my mod list... it's way too quite back there!

Wondering if there will be the Boss upgrade available for the GT! That might be very interesting as well.

Maybe I love the CS fascia so much, as it reminds me on the NASCAR Fusion front...

kn... I see your point, but as I am looking at my car on a daily basis, an appearance item such as facia, diffuser, spoiler, etc. WILL give me great pleasure, as I am driving my car as a daily driver. Already installed the GT500 spoiler, upgraded the suspension (1" lowered), and plan of doing more "cosmetic" appearance modifications. And even though you can't see it from the outside, the Steeda CAI & Tune definitely gives me pleasure whenever I drive the car!

Last edited by 2011 GT; 11/22/10 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11/22/10, 08:32 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
I'm a big fan of the Saleen one, but don't want to deal with paint and fitment. The CS with the FRPP brake duct kit will work fine for me. I also like to keep the grille mounted fogs, as they are part of the distinguishing characteristics of the car.
I'm in agreement with above. I'd thinking about getting a new lower fascia, but also want to keep the grille mounted fogs.

Don't get my wrong, this painted CS fascia looks fantastic!
But for some reason, the empty fog light holes bother me. It makes it seem like something is missing.

Old 11/22/10, 09:21 PM
GTR Member

I don't like the painted fascia at all. It draws too much attention to the lower portion of the car, and without having the sides/rear done to match, makes the front look "taller" around.

The open holes don't seem to bother me, especially since brake ducts would be open like that (although there may be mesh on the front of the tube).
Old 11/22/10, 09:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

CS=subtle. On my to do list.
Old 11/22/10, 10:02 PM
Bullitt Member

For those who have done the mod, is the CS fascia about the same height level as the OE fascia lower portion, or is it actually lower? Hard to tell by the pictures, but when I'm looking at my current OE fascia, it appears that the horizontal bar (painted portion below opening) is actually a bit higher than the side "chops". With the CS fascia it appears (at least by looking at the pics), that everything is even in the front, hence looking like it's a bit lower than the stock fascia? Am I wrong in my assumptions?